Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 PM #1
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,071,053.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won

Quartey vs Jose Luis Lopez who won? i thought Quartey was extremely lucky to get the decision, infact i thought Lopez won 7 rounds and he had a KD.

I watched the fight very closely and kept my eye out for whether punches were landing or missing, who was more active over the coarse of the 3min, who was connecting with the better shots, and all i can say is............Quartey's jab was busy throughout the fight but not always landing and a lot of the time Lopez was answering Quartey's attacks back, i guess you could give subliminal points for the fact Quartey was getting off first but if you are going to do that you could Lopez subliminal points for being the aggressor and forcing the fight.

Lopez dropped Quartey twice in the fight but the first KD he lost the round imo, so he only get a 10/9 round from me. However the second KD he won the round quite clearly, so 10/8.

I can understand people who scored it for Quartey because it was an extremely difficult fight to score and if you were looking at Quartey's activity you could say he did more work over the 3min rounds, but when you do more work with the jab and its not always landing, it does not count for much, and imo the round can be turned up on its head by a few good hard clean shot from the opponent. Jabbing over a round puts you up but not by a lot.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 AM #2
Contender

Trenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,039,713.35

JLL was a beast. I wish he knew how much of a badass he was. It seemed like he didnt realize what he had going on there at that time. He could have KO'd anybody if he had more motivation.
Trenchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 AM #3
Contender

Trenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond reputeTrenchant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,039,713.35

Yeah, quartey might have got the draw on points but JLL won the fight, he beat Quartey up.
Trenchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM #4

Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenchant View Post
JLL was a beast. I wish he knew how much of a badass he was. It seemed like he didnt realize what he had going on there at that time. He could have KO'd anybody if he had more motivation.
I dont know much about JL Lopez but from what ive read he was a helluva puncher and a pretty decent fighter.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM #5
undisputed

Quoted: 927 Post(s)
joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,897,561,104,136,608.00
Total Points: 3,909,604,109,375,790.50
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
loves muhammad's c0ck - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
I dont know much about JL Lopez but from what ive read he was a helluva puncher and a pretty decent fighter.
Big puncher but he was always looking for one shot and as a result didn't throw enough punches.
joseph5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:46 PM #6
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
youreffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these partsyoureffinkaput is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 2,019.37

this is the same guy who beat on a younger winky, right?

i admit that i don't know **** about this fighter either. when was his hey-day?
youreffinkaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM #7
Dallas Cowboys

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,489,367,870,423,731,200.00
Total Points: 8,489,367,870,423,757,824.00
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youreffinkaput View Post

That was Julio Cesar Vasquez you're thinking of.
JAB5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:06 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youreffinkaput View Post

Nah i think you might be on about Vasquez, he had Winly down 5 times, there is a point in that fight where Winky is knocked out, but he miraculously comes back to life when he looks for all the world like he is out, ive never seen anything like it before......Bizzare!!

Pernell Whitaker beat Vasquez convincingly.

Share This With Friends

Tags
jose, lopez, luis, quartey

User Tag List