Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default Buying lots of equipment, What Stores, What Gear?

I want to know what boxing online store sites are out there that do not sell all forms of protection from just one brand but from many.

From what I know the two big ones ares Ringside.com and Titleboxing.com. If there are more it would be great to know .

I plan on buying some stuff this month to put into my garage and some newer equipment. What I am planning is:
-A Heavy Bag
-Double End Bag
-Speed Bag
-New Bag Gloves
-New Boxing Shoes
-Hooks, swivels, etc all the necessary stuff to hang em.

From what I hear its good start with a minimum of 100lbs for a heavy bag, correct? I am 5'7" and weigh 155lb. For bag gloves I think I am going to go with the Title Gel Bag Gloves, I've heard nothing but good things about em, easily the most talked about bag glove I've seen on forums. I would like suggestions for shoes, if possible.

Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 07-08-2009, 12:17 AM
rskumm21
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,671
Rep Power: 0 rskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these parts
Points: 152,682.52
Bank: 752,266.91
Total Points: 904,949.43
sorry for the red k - Truth 
Default

Those are it. There are others but those two have it all. Stick with Ringside. You'll get better overall customer service and they carry a few more name brands that Title doesn't.
Reply With Quote
rskumm21 is offline
#3
Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default

Thans for the response. And yeah I've ordered form ringside before, no problems/great buy. I want to buy some stuff from Title though because there are some items such as the Title Gel World Bag Gloves that I want to buy. Also, do you have any suggestions for a not-too-expensive boxing/wrestling shoe.
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
#4
Old 07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default

Bump, for some more input please .
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
#5
Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
rj_ct
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: albany, ny
Posts: 1,658
Rep Power: 10 rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 86,828.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 86,828.81
Default

you don't need boxing shoes if you aren't competing or training/sparring competitively. just wear basketball shoes or running shoes.
Reply With Quote
rj_ct is offline
#6
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_ct View Post
you don't need boxing shoes if you aren't competing or training/sparring competitively. just wear basketball shoes or running shoes.
I train competitively for mma so included in our workouts are boxing/kickboxing/grappling/etc. I was thinking about buying a wrestling shoe for use during some workouts and I've heard that boxing and wrestling shoes are similar so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions .
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
#7
Old 07-09-2009, 12:21 AM
rskumm21
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,671
Rep Power: 0 rskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these partsrskumm21 is infamous around these parts
Points: 152,682.52
Bank: 752,266.91
Total Points: 904,949.43
sorry for the red k - Truth 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomkidd View Post
Thans for the response. And yeah I've ordered form ringside before, no problems/great buy. I want to buy some stuff from Title though because there are some items such as the Title Gel World Bag Gloves that I want to buy. Also, do you have any suggestions for a not-too-expensive boxing/wrestling shoe.
I have the Title Gel bag gloves. They're pretty nice gloves. They have good protection and are decent quality, but the plastic buckle on the hook & loop closure broke after a few weeks. Just remember with boxing gear, just like anything else, you get what you pay for. For 25 bucks more I'd recommend a pair on Shevlin custom boxing gloves. They'll customize the gloves to fit your hand size and style preference. As for shoes I've been rocking the Nike Machomis alternating between two pairs for a few months and they've held up just fine, though the first pair Title sent me, the stitching broke immedietely. They're mass produced so this could happen with any brand. Overall I'm very happy with them for the price. Asics makes good boxing and wrestling shoes, but be prepared to pay double.
Reply With Quote
rskumm21 is offline
#8
Old 07-09-2009, 12:26 AM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali -> Colorado
Posts: 17,289
Rep Power: 43 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 108,597.21
Bank: 21,071,207,836,616.81
Total Points: 21,071,207,945,214.02
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomkidd View Post
I want to know what boxing online store sites are out there that do not sell all forms of protection from just one brand but from many.

From what I know the two big ones ares Ringside.com and Titleboxing.com. If there are more it would be great to know .

I plan on buying some stuff this month to put into my garage and some newer equipment. What I am planning is:
-A Heavy Bag
-Double End Bag
-Speed Bag
-New Bag Gloves
-New Boxing Shoes
-Hooks, swivels, etc all the necessary stuff to hang em.

From what I hear its good start with a minimum of 100lbs for a heavy bag, correct? I am 5'7" and weigh 155lb. For bag gloves I think I am going to go with the Title Gel Bag Gloves, I've heard nothing but good things about em, easily the most talked about bag glove I've seen on forums. I would like suggestions for shoes, if possible.

Thanks guys.
www.winningusa.com

you never said anything about priiii-iice.
Reply With Quote
F l i c k e r is offline
#9
Old 07-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskumm21 View Post
I have the Title Gel bag gloves. They're pretty nice gloves. They have good protection and are decent quality, but the plastic buckle on the hook & loop closure broke after a few weeks. Just remember with boxing gear, just like anything else, you get what you pay for. For 25 bucks more I'd recommend a pair on Shevlin custom boxing gloves. They'll customize the gloves to fit your hand size and style preference. As for shoes I've been rocking the Nike Machomis alternating between two pairs for a few months and they've held up just fine, though the first pair Title sent me, the stitching broke immedietely. They're mass produced so this could happen with any brand. Overall I'm very happy with them for the price. Asics makes good boxing and wrestling shoes, but be prepared to pay double.
Thank you, very informative. I think I'll get the Title Gel's though, perhaps along the road I'll opt for something similar to Shevlin or upgrade to a better set of gloves. I've been looking at the Machomais and they seemed to be pretty well built and nice atheistically so I'll definitely consider them. How do they feel, like weight, soles, etc? Thank you for helping me out.
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
#10
Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Phenomkidd
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 8 Phenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond reputePhenomkidd has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,702.93
Bank: 658,572.00
Total Points: 678,274.93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F l i c k e r View Post
www.winningusa.com

you never said anything about priiii-iice.
I did however say a site that has a variety of brands .
Reply With Quote
Phenomkidd is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
buying, equipment, gear?, lots, stores

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.