Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 AM
ThunderWolf
WildCard

Rep Power: 13 ThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond reputeThunderWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,904,771,804.41
Total Points: 13,904,871,898.81
beer pare - Makavelli 
Send a message via ICQ to ThunderWolf Send a message via AIM to ThunderWolf Send a message via MSN to ThunderWolf Send a message via Yahoo to ThunderWolf Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderWolf
Default Naazim richardson: "all of these guys underestimate pacquiao"

Percy Crawford | July 07, 2009

`When Brother Naazim Richardson calls your phone to chat, you know you're about to get the good word from him. Brother Naazim, who trains Bernard Hopkins, Shane Mosley, Steve Cunningham and a number of young up-and-coming fighters, contacted FightHype.com to discuss a hypothetical showdown between his fighter, Mosley, and pound-for-pound champion Manny Pacquiao. Although Mosley recently instructed his promoter to stop attempts at making a fight with Pacquiao, Brother Naazim made it clear that he's still up for the challenge and would look forward to coming up with a gameplan to defeat the Filipino superstar. "I hope the fight does happen man. I would like the chance to figure out the Pacquiao puzzle with Mosley," he stated.

While Richardson is eager for the opportunity to match wits against Freddie Roach, he was quick to point out that he thought Mosley might be trying to get the fight in the wrong manner. "You never want to look like you're begging for a fight because eventually, you will talk yourself out of it," he admitted. "If a fighter sees you constantly saying, 'I'll fight him in his backyard, I'll do this and I'll do that,' then eventually, they will be like, 'Hold up! What? He's a little too confident that he could beat me!'"

Richardson had nothing but praise for Pacquiao, stating, "All of these guys underestimate Pacquiao thinking he's the small man. When I met Pacquiao, I wasn't saying how does this guy make welterweight? I was saying how in the hell was he making 130 and 135? Pacquiao is a big dude. Cotto keeps saying he's the bigger man, but that's going to be his downfall because if they make him suck down to 142-43, then his strength becomes his weakness because he is the bigger man and that is a lot of weight for him to cut. I always thought Cotto was draining down too much to make junior welterweight and that was the reason he used to get dropped so much."

That being said, Richardson would jump at the chance to train Mosley for a Pacquiao fight. He's not holding his breathe on it ever happening, however, as he actually thinks another fight other than the proposed Cotto bout will inevitably stand in the way. "Mayweather isn't going to let Pacquiao fight Shane because he wants to be the one to give Pacquiao that loss," Richardson revealed. "Back when Don King was saying he was going to put Bernard in against Trinidad, Roy Jones told him not to do that because he knew Bernard would destroy Trinidad and he wanted to be the first to beat Tito. King thought Tito would beat Bernard and the rest is history. Floyd is in the same position Roy was in and Shane is in the position Bernard was in."

Richardson continued, "See Mayweather is smart. He picks his fights, but he's not picking chumps like Roy Jones used to do. He's not fighting Otis Grant, but he picks fights where his opponent's style fits his style perfectly and I can't blame him for that. It's a smart move!"

Joking, Brother Naazim closed out the conversation referring to a comment made during a press conference. "Richard Schaefer or someone said at a press conference, 'Watch out Naazim! Look how Bob Arum's looking at you. He remembers what Bernard did to Pavlik and what Mosley did to Margarito, so watch your back!' He may never let one of his guys back in there with one of my guys."

Indeed, it might be a long time before we get a chance to see a bout between Shane Mosley and Manny Pacquiao, however, if it ever did happen, we would get a chance to see perhaps the two best strategists in the sport pitting their fighters and their gameplans against each other. Although Floyd Mayweather Sr., thanks to Ricky Hatton's poor performance, never stood a chance in his bid* for the "No. 1 Pound for Pound Best Trainer in the World" trophy, Brother Naazim just might give Freddie Roach a run for the money if Mosley and Pacquiao ever faced off.`
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 AM
F l i c k e r
Gunslinger

Rep Power: 45 F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,966,159,702,815.31
Total Points: 35,966,159,817,642.31
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

I knew Nazim was a smart man.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Jone2ts
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Jone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond reputeJone2ts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 39,990.00

[QUOTE"Richard Schaefer or someone said at a press conference, 'Watch out Naazim! Look how Bob Arum's looking at you. He remembers what Bernard did to Pavlik and what Mosley did to Margarito, so watch your back!' He may never let one of his guys back in there with one of my guys."[/QUOTE]

That is a fact LMAO.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 AM
youngswish23
Contender

Total Points: 26,689.90

yeah nazim and freddy both have brilliant minds too great trainers.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
street bully
Tua's daddy.

Rep Power: 68 street bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond reputestreet bully has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 182,797,239,520.29
Total Points: 188,707,262,104.93
tua is god! - Mr._Pink have a burger my nigguh - mangler jr have a donut my nizzle... - Roy O'Bannon For being one of the realest ni99as - mangler jr My nigguh! - mangler jr 
BFF....(boxing friend forever, lol) - Roy O'Bannon For that, I'm getting you THIS! The worst gift EVER!!! - RiΖO Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. Happy holidays my nigguh - mangler No Message - Texanballer 
The Book of Bully - street bully jr One of the good Soapy supporters - -Ash- asalam malakem my brotha - Roy O'Bannon steve nash &amp;gt;&amp;gt; dwayne wade - Derramged cheers - riz!...oh? 
ATG - Mucus War Colts - El Mustang ATG Poster and Real Man - Stone Roses! merry xmas - Subtraction Feliz Navidad - El Mustang 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Makavelli Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Mr._Pink Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler jr Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Naestro USA 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Nuurzhaelan AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Mr. Green Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Left Hook Tua Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - shobox Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MR. RIZ 

Naazim is the man.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:07 AM
LA BAD BOY
Banned

Rep Power: 0 LA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond reputeLA BAD BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 86,718.30
Total Points: 245,317.33

NAAZIM is cool guy!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:07 AM
mochoso91
Contender

Rep Power: 7 mochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond reputemochoso91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,046.92

Naazim Richardson a living legendary trainer!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 AM
MANGLER
Sex Tape Flop Artist

Rep Power: 247 MANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond reputeMANGLER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,767,488,676,884.71
Total Points: 11,767,488,691,489.76
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy new year! - Toney Loc have some brew - arraamis Have a TV - eddie_monster here's something different. - chiguy91 
Top man - komodo Simply Super! - arraamis one you don't have - Starof David No Message - Starof David get back on the scene,im fuckin this place up - Mike Tyson77 
Thanks bro - komodo ran out of green, so here's a gift for that stacey dash background. - chiguy91 for the mang - jazluvr Thanks Mang! Here's one in return - codey Thanks bro. - komodo 
please return the favor, bro. - RossCA No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Ether Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Disposable Arts Autism - project xxx1 Hepatitis C - slevin 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - c l e a n e r Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Head and Neck Cancer - Pretty Boy1 Head and Neck Cancer - Pretty Boy1 
Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - mathed Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mathed AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Monkz 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - komodo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - komodo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - komodo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

I only pick Cotto cuz of size. Pac is better than him.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 AM
-EX-
King Of The Trading Block

Rep Power: 57 -EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute-EX- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,459,336,078,262.87
Total Points: 2,513,537,015,368.57
Thx man, i'm out of k for you but this will do, points will follow! - Tu Pai Earned yourself a nice cold one. Always comin thru in the clutch haha thanks homey - Natedatpkid King of Trading Block! - Tu Pai for the man of the downloads thread.... - BritishBoxing92 Upload Lord! - The Surgeon 
you really are the king of the trading block! - Tha Executioner Thanks a ton for always providing the links! - chiguy91 thanks once again bro! - chiguy91 King of the Trading Block - Toney Loc For the Movies - garryx2013 
No Message - EdMon917 No Message - EdMon917 Thanks for the uploads bro! - komodo couldn't green you atm, thanks again. - chiguy91 thnx for upload - Teddy Brenner 
For all your contributions to the trading block. You are a fucking legend! - Smelly Panda All hail to the King! - Smelly Panda thanks for the Soto Karass-Berto video - Freedom2013 Thanks for the HD Videos - Ragnarok Long live a king of the Trading Block. - PittyPat 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - deliveryman Childhood Cancer - hishaam15 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - garryx2013 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Cotto aint goin all the way down to 142 or 143...145 is much more likely...
Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 AM
tesla_power
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 tesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond reputetesla_power has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 88,471,817,628.26
Total Points: 88,471,861,456.56

Nazim is a great trainer and has a good calculating mind. Hopefully, Mosley listens to him when he says that 142-143 is too much for Cotto. This is also too much for Shane. As a PAC fan, I hope team pac will not resort to very low weight demands for fighters that will be dehydrated at the weight. I have every faith that pac will be very competitive at welterweight. Winning them though is a different story. But will root for him whoever he fights.

As for Shane, $$$, by itself, never makes sense, they just blinds you of logic. So please listen to your trainer.