Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Arcade Talk
Thread Navigation

Old 06-27-2009, 02:02 AM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,018,622,337.27
Total Points: 8,219,764,037.73
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples
Default FNR4 quirky controls (not the analog complaint

the controls are so quirky, hooks are nearly useless to throw, instead all I see online is people spamming the same punch over and over again, or stepping back and throwing a haymaker. FNR3 had horrible quirks to like the parry system, but the punching was good, it always did what you wanted it to.

When you want to quickly duck down and throw a straight to the body, it doesnt throw it unless you are crouching first, which makes it very very awkward. hooks just get you killed, if they don't land they some how get you tangled and sitting in mid air for a hang time. Slipping the jab hardly even works, the other more powerful jab (the straight) *sarcasm* gets tripled up and hits you dead on even while you are violently slipping punches. The fighter that can throw more punches always wins. No hit and not being hit here. You are lucky if you can get a jab in and get out without being hit back.

I'm starting to hate this game, but the visuals are physics are so good I'm not quite there yet.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 AM
robjr
Retro...

Rep Power: 53 robjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond reputerobjr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,475,777.54
Total Points: 31,650,841.14
rjjr superman. thanks man. - ALPHA O`MEGA We Fresh! - Dorian For all things retro - The_Bringer medal of honor - el guason456 Merry Christmas - msagrain 
Showing appreciation - Massage Queen heres to roy jones jr. CHEERS!!! - kswizzy99 have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead 

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
the controls are so quirky, hooks are nearly useless to throw, instead all I see online is people spamming the same punch over and over again, or stepping back and throwing a haymaker. FNR3 had horrible quirks to like the parry system, but the punching was good, it always did what you wanted it to.

When you want to quickly duck down and throw a straight to the body, it doesnt throw it unless you are crouching first, which makes it very very awkward. hooks just get you killed, if they don't land they some how get you tangled and sitting in mid air for a hang time. Slipping the jab hardly even works, the other more powerful jab (the straight) *sarcasm* gets tripled up and hits you dead on even while you are violently slipping punches. The fighter that can throw more punches always wins. No hit and not being hit here. You are lucky if you can get a jab in and get out without being hit back.

I'm starting to hate this game, but the visuals are physics are so good I'm not quite there yet.
this is so painfully true. punches are almost impossible to dodge compare to fnr3
Old 06-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Run
To The Quiet Lake

Rep Power: 16919 Run has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 367,426,145.43
Total Points: 2,094,460,784,429,775.25
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest thanks bro,good man. - BoZz 
Bribery for you to not kill me - led cheers friendo - Mike Tyson77 Super, man! :) - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy 
G - rorymac The Man! - TBear Always my Amigo - Anorak &lt;3 - paulf Thanks giving pie - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey 

Agree, Agree and Agree as sad as it is to say.

Even though it's still a cool game and I don't regret buying it....

It's nowhere near having a suitable realistic boxing engine.

There is no real fleet footedness.

All you can do is hold the joystick back and move away from your opponent. So yeah the whole game is a arcade slugfest.

Ala Fight Night Round 1.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 AM
*2TOUGH*
Banned

Bank: 363,795,803.59
Total Points: 367,090,015.74
burner is a bellend - Red October late xmas present - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr get ready for Frankie...lol. - jazluvr A spare...you're tuff on these - jazluvr 
*2WEAK* - jazluvr lipstick for a tough guy - -KULT- 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Red October Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 * Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Le4 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DIB420 Gay and Lesbian Pride - ScottDBA Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

i have to say there isnt much satisfaction in throwing a punch, you dont hear that snap anymore.. you get a nice satisfaction in UFC 2009..
Old 06-27-2009, 08:28 AM
The Gully Gad
Jeffery Hype

Rep Power: 123 The Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gully Gad has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,313,478,889.48
Total Points: 9,294,006,918,916.39
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest Congrats on 47K solid KO's,, - !! AI-Holmes!! add this to your collection bro - led You're the best, G! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MARKBNLV Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 

I play the game and throw a thousand jabs

They should of added Buttons end of..