Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Pac-Attack
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,118.07
Default Punching Bag?

I started boxing recently and I wanted to get a punching bag to work on the techniques that I learned and improve my abilities. The bag will be in my house, and a hanging one is too heavy and there isn't really anywhere to put it up. I was thinking of getting a stationary one filled with water or whatever. Is that one as good or is it not worth it?
Thanks for the comments.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Left2theliver
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Left2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant futureLeft2theliver has a brilliant future
Total Points: 62,244.06

I have one, my uncle use to use it back in his highschool days but stopped so i took it...eh, it's nice to punch and **** to let out a lil stress but real bagworkd...ehhh don't like it. It doesn't swing like heavybags do in order to help move around while throwing shots...not to mention that base is here that's REALLY annoying.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
boxingp4p
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 boxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond reputeboxingp4p has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,266.84
Total Points: 9,281.18
cheers - lparm 

I have a reebok freestanding bag. Ive had it for a year and a half and its still as good as day one. Very good bag to move around a hit,has a solid base which can be filled with sand or water ( mines is filled with water).I keep mine on a wooden floor and it never moves around coz the base is very heavy when filled.
Heres a link
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...Kombat+Trainer
Old 06-18-2009, 02:29 AM
LVBoxer1
Up and Comer

Total Points: 9,303.14

like said above, there good, but I love the heavy bags, they move, and keep you moving.

Im sure theres a spot for one, do you have a deck, hang it off the end.