Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM
JMM-PAC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 JMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 75,429.20
Welcome to the scene. - BattlingNelson 
Default What age did Gene Tunney start boxing???

well he mustn't of been that young, as he started in the services. anyone give my his age when he first starting boxing????????
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Kinetic Linking
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Kinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these partsKinetic Linking is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,676.01

Nah, he started super young. His dad gave him boxing gloves to learn how to fend off bullies at school when he was a very, very, very small child. The rest is history. He had various jobs and whatnot but was a fighter from an early age.

I've seen pictures of him as a schoolkid and he was super tiny. My take on his career is that he learned how to defend himself as an ubermidget, woke up one day as a heavyweight and said to himself "oh man everyone's in deep **** now."
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
JMM-PAC
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 JMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond reputeJMM-PAC has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 75,429.20
Welcome to the scene. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic Linking View Post
Nah, he started super young. His dad gave him boxing gloves to learn how to fend off bullies at school when he was a very, very, very small child. The rest is history. He had various jobs and whatnot but was a fighter from an early age.

I've seen pictures of him as a schoolkid and he was super tiny. My take on his career is that he learned how to defend himself as an ubermidget, woke up one day as a heavyweight and said to himself "oh man everyone's in deep **** now."
interesting, just watchen a old espn classic about him and they said he started boxing in the army, thats why i thought he started around 18.