Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 86 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 199,919,112,939,856.91
Total Points: 199,919,112,945,814.53
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 
Default Officer fatally shoots small dog named 'Killer'

Quote:
Thursday, June 11, 2009

DANVILLE, Va. ***8212; A police officer trying to serve a warrant fatally shot a Dachshund that attacked him.

Danville, Va., police said the shooting of a small breed of dog is unusual but said the options were limited in this particular case.

According to police, an officer attempted to serve two outstanding warrants to a resident in the 100 block of Berman Drive at about 8:30 p.m. Monday. The officer, whom police did not identify, knocked on the door but got no answer. As the officer walked back to his car, a growling dog ran through the yard from behind him.

Police said the officer had only seconds to consider his options, which included running for safety, trying to distract the dog or using pepper spray, a baton or his firearm. As the dog lunged at the officer, the officer drew his weapon and shot the dog once, killing it.

Police said they later learned that the dog lived next door to where the warrant was being served and had displayed aggressive tendencies in the past. The dog also was named "Killer."

Police said officers routinely are confronted by dogs as they approach homes, walk through yards and climb fences, but officers are able to defuse these encounters without using firearms. Police said Danville officers got training in 2006, sponsored by the Danville Humane Society and the American Humane Association, to learn techniques to defuse aggressive behavior in dogs.

Danville police also said department policy permits the shooting of a dog that presents a threat to an officer. Police said an officer is not required to take a bite from any dog, including small breeds, because a bite that breaks the skin can transmit rabies. If a dog cannot be identified, captured and quarantined after the attack, an officer must take a series of rabies vaccine shots to ward off a potentially fatal disease.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported today that the slain dog was an 11-year-old miniature Dachshund. Neighbors described him as a sweet, mild-mannered dog.

"He just kind of walked up and down the neighborhood and didn't bother anybody," Jenine Edmunds, who lives on the same cul-de-sac as Killer's owners, told the newspaper. "He was just a little house dog."
Source
Old 06-12-2009, 02:58 AM
j
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 633,656.87

goddmned pigs!

i have a story. one time(no pun intended), when i was 16 or so, a few cops came to my house to arrest my friend. my mom's dog, this small little chihuaha, for some reason lifts its leg and starts pissing on one of the cop's shoes - me, lmao. that **** was funny. even my mom couldn't stop laughing well after the cops left.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 86 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Danville police chief defends fatal shooting of dog by officer

DANVILLE -- Media General News Service

Danville's police chief says one of his officers acted properly by shooting and killing an 11-year-old miniature dachshund that ran at him while growling.

Neighbors said Killer, who died Monday night after being shot once, was a sweet, mild-mannered dog.

"He just kind of walked up and down the neighborhood and didn't bother anybody," said Jenine Edmunds, who lives on the same cul-de-sac as Killer's owners, Tawaiin Harper and his family. "He was just a little house dog."

Killer greeted Harper every time he came home. Whenever a car pulled into the cul-de-sac, Killer barked to let everyone know that someone new was there.

"He was the security guard around here," Harper said.

Police Chief Philip Broadfoot declined to name the officer who shot the dog while serving two outstanding warrants to a neighbor.

As the officer returned to his car, "he was surprised by a growling dog running through the yard directly at him from the rear, leaving him with just seconds to consider his options," according to a news release from Broadfoot.

The options, according to the chief: running to the squad car, distracting the dog or using pepper spray, a baton or firearm.

Broadfoot said the dog lunged at the officer and attacked him.

"Shooting a dog which is actively presenting a threat to an officer is within the department's policy," according to the release.

Harper said he drove home from work to try to comfort his wife and two children after they called to say Killer had been shot to death by the officer.

The officer's supervisor, a lieutenant, "was very, very remorseful," Harper said. "He kept apologizing. And he said, 'I know apologizing can't bring the dog back, but I just don't know what to say.'"

Harper said friends and neighbors have asked whether the family will get another dog.

"You can't replace Killer. He's one of a kind. I'm still trying to soak it in because the dog had been with us so long. He was a family member. They took a family member away."
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/new...220804/273394/
Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 AM
supRa
supercharged

Rep Power: 25 supRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,568,009,760.20
Total Points: 3,568,085,836.74
Merry Christmas - msagrain here you go - Savino Have a snack homey. You good peoples. - mangler for being a cool dude - mangler jr Cool mothafukka - mangler 
No Message - ??? good video bro! good luck on your next fight! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - .::WaRCoTTo::. Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER 
Send a message via Skype™ to supRa

Old 06-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

This part basically summed it up as well as anything:
Quote:
The officer's supervisor, a lieutenant, "was very, very remorseful," Harper said. "He kept apologizing. And he said, 'I know apologizing can't bring the dog back, but I just don't know what to say.'"
Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 AM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 100 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,709,370,084,809.77
Total Points: 62,713,871,342,031.68
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. <3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the "Predictorship Challenge" alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

That's seriously lame and it's even more sickening that the chief defends an officer for shooting this;

More chance of a rubber stamp killing the officer...
Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

What happened to all of the cop-huggers on here? Let's hear you guys try to justify this cop's actions.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:04 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 211 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.82
Total Points: 2,140,326,009,281.96
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik View Post
What happened to all of the cop-huggers on here? Let's hear you guys try to justify this cop's actions.
You're a cunt.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
You're a cunt.
Wow is that really the best response you can muster? Don't you have anything reasonable to say?

By the way it's a rhetorical question, as it's plainly obvious that you don't. If you did you wouldn't feel the need to resort to personal attack.

Last edited by Virgil Caine; 06-12-2009 at 05:31 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik View Post
Wow is that really the best response you can muster? Don't you have anything reasonable to say?

By the way it's a rhetorical question, as it's plainly obvious that you don't. If you did you wouldn't feel the need to resort for personal attacks personal attack.
Nice self-ownage though Squeal.