Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 PM
#1Assassin
Euro fighters are best

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,702,523,753.48
Total Points: 13,786,779,147.91
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis4u2envy View Post
And your favorite fighters are Floyd and Mike Tyson??? LMAO WTF do you know that school boards all over the great US have had discussions about changing the word Heartless and Chicken to Mayweather. Look it up CNN posted this on there website like a few weeks ago.
if u saw some of floyds few harder fights u would know he isnt heartless. get in a ring and then tell me a world champion caliber boxer is a chicken.. punk..
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Mary Jane
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond reputeMary Jane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,828.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis4u2envy View Post
And your favorite fighters are Floyd and Mike Tyson??? LMAO WTF do you know that school boards all over the great US have had discussions about changing the word Heartless and Chicken to Mayweather. Look it up CNN posted this on there website like a few weeks ago.

Two of the 50 greatest fighters of all time. Yes, that Floyd and Mike.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 PM
tis4u2envy
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,025.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
if u saw some of floyds few harder fights u would know he isnt heartless. get in a ring and then tell me a world champion caliber boxer is a chicken.. punk..
I have served my time in the ring you ***** ass.. 10 years fighting in the backyards of Camden, New Jersey 08102 read a little bit of our history before you call someone a punk. I have sparred with Prince Badi and Omar Shieka. So No I didn't make it pro but I'll call it like I see it, I ain't never backed from a fight and although I like both Floyd and Mike. Floyd is a ducking son of a ***** period. I tell you what I love boxing and have followed it for a long time but for someone to call Cotto Heartless when your favorite fighters quit before they even fight now thats heartless. I don't care what you say even if you are Floyds mother or father he is scarred to fight the bigger WW period. Cotto, Margarito, PW even Shane Mosley. Mark my words he will never fight either of those guys say what you want. Don't you guys find it funny he is always making excuses, you don't get tired of defending that. **** I rather get my **** rocked and be respected then run and hide and be laughed at by real fighters. Oh and to #1 assassin I beat the Queer out of you.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:50 PM
freedom213
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 freedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond reputefreedom213 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,548,438,097.92
Total Points: 203,570,972,571.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
This thread is a massive failure on my part so far.
Why? Its something different/better than the usual fair. But I see no similarities with POPO. The thing I like about Cotto is the guy seems to have IMO a very original style and set of abilities. He is a brawler, mostly but with underrated fluidity, combinations and hand speed. He was a brutal punisher at 140, very punishing at 147 and very exciting to watch. He has some problems he needs to correct to climb to the top of the heap though. He needs to improve his right hand. Maybe this is not possible with his old injury but if he had a little better right and could throw a looping right at times watch out. He needs to up his punch output and improve his stamina. This is doable and just needs to be a focal point for his training camp. He needs to move his head, not rely on puting up the guard as a main defensive move and be careful of leaning forward too much exposing himself to the uppercut.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Rep Power: 57 warp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 119,848,848,295,372.94
Total Points: 119,954,659,154,024.31
5k post celebration. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a drink on me! - RiZOOM you're killing me in the cotto thread , kid. i'm trying to get 2-1/3-1 odds from a pissed off cotto fan. :-) - Left Hook Tua Always droppin knowledge. Thanks for the vid bro, I owe ya. - Spiegelo No Message - texanballer 
thanks for the support - texanballer For being a stand up guy. You rule. - FRKO Defo in need of an apple warp - danc1984 RBRs when I'm at work are much appreciated - DWiens421 10k posts and for being a good poster - Golden Boy 360 
10k posts warp. Let's celebrate this shit. - danc1984 Marry me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 
Send a message via AIM to warp1432

I don't really see it Casamayor-Freitas, but I definietly saw it in Corrales-Freitas.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:23 PM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 113,922,305.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
hmmm.......i can see where you are going with this and i guess there are similarities in the way, they both use a wide stance and they always look set to throw power punches, if need be.

I think Cotto has a better defence than Popo, but yeah whilst i dont fully agree with the comparison i can see where you are coming from and its not ridiculous or anything.

I suppose its like comparing DLH to Arguello or Tyson to Frazier they are all completely different but you can still draw similarities with them.
Now that I've had some time to think about what similiarites there are, I think I saw a similiarity in their movement more than anything. They don't have that silky smooth movement... they both move effectively, but it just looks a lot different than most fighters who move effectively.

Plus, they are technically solid and throw a lot of vicious combinations, definitely moreso than most other technically sound boxers.

Your last paragraph sums it up. Most people in this thread are right that they really aren't that close in style, but... there definitely are some things that one does that reminds me of the other.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,378,137.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
Now that I've had some time to think about what similiarites there are, I think I saw a similiarity in their movement more than anything. They don't have that silky smooth movement... they both move effectively, but it just looks a lot different than most fighters who move effectively.

Plus, they are technically solid and throw a lot of vicious combinations, definitely moreso than most other technically sound boxers.

Your last paragraph sums it up. Most people in this thread are right that they really aren't that close in style, but... there definitely are some things that one does that reminds me of the other.
not really. cotto fav and most thrown punch is the left hook to the body and freitas' fav punch was the right hand to the head.

they are not similar much if at all.