Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Iamnotausername
Banned

Rep Power: 12 Iamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,583.54
Total Points: 961,988.78
1k - Mile Kitic a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by One - Shot View Post
you are useless too...but i say Shaolin or kungfu tai chi, drunken master are useless...
lol yep drunken boxing is absolutely ****e. Check this vid Kyokushin v drunken boxing.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Grapes
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Grapes has a spectacular aura aboutGrapes has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 38,870.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
lol yep drunken boxing is absolutely ****e. Check this vid Kyokushin v drunken boxing.

LMAAAAOOOOO
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM
vein
Banned

Rep Power: 0 vein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond reputevein has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,788.62

hahahahahahah!!! lololololololollolololooolollololollllllllllllll!! !!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Move BRICKS™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Move BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMove BRICKS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 216,900.26
Total Points: 277,562.23
Cheers brother! - jakkups WAR BRICKS!!!!!!! Congrats bro. - jakkups No Message - Move BRICKS No Message - Move BRICKS Whoop they asses - The Scientist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I once got talking to this Brazilian girl who seemed nice, so we said we'd meet up sometime. One day she calls me and says that she's going to central London and would I like to come. That's all she says, no added info or anything, so I assume we'll look around the shops, then have a few drinks, see a movie, something like that.

Instead we meet some friends of hers and go to a capoeira class. After more than an hour of what seemed to be a cross between a martial art and a Village People dance, my feet were hurting so bad that I had to stop, and it hurt to walk for a couple of days afterwards.

The only useful thing I learned was how to do high kicks with better technique and keep my balance whilst doing so. This never came in handy in any situation that I ever found myself in, and I've forgotten it now anyway.

So, if it counts as a discipline, Capoeira gets my vote.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:34 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,635,803,230,398.73
Total Points: 9,636,803,624,731.94
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I once got talking to this Brazilian girl who seemed nice, so we said we'd meet up sometime. One day she calls me and says that she's going to central London and would I like to come. That's all she says, no added info or anything, so I assume we'll look around the shops, then have a few drinks, see a movie, something like that.

Instead we meet some friends of hers and go to a capoeira class. After more than an hour of what seemed to be a cross between a martial art and a Village People dance, my feet were hurting so bad that I had to stop, and it hurt to walk for a couple of days afterwards.

The only useful thing I learned was how to do high kicks with better technique and keep my balance whilst doing so. This never came in handy in any situation that I ever found myself in, and I've forgotten it now anyway.

So, if it counts as a discipline, Capoeira gets my vote.
the future of mma. all its gonna take is 1 fighter to start using that fighting style and mma is gonna blow up with ppl using that style.

but not just anyone can do capoeira. you have to be a special kind of athlete with great core strength to do that kind of ****.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,635,803,230,398.73
Total Points: 9,636,803,624,731.94
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move BRICKS View Post
there we go. that guy isn't a great mma fighter but if someone else can use this style effectively, all I got to say is, UFC is going to be sick.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Kakutogi-Gumi
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Kakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond reputeKakutogi-Gumi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,231,142.07
Total Points: 12,311,166.91

Capoeria: Andre Gusmao is a master and uses it to slickly transition fight stances. Confuses the hell out of fighters.

Aikido: If the principals of "The Dynamic Sphere" can be adapted correctly, Aikido could be the best substitute for the shoulder roll.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:14 AM
andalusian81
Contender

Rep Power: 6 andalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond reputeandalusian81 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 67,597.83
No Message - LosTarugos 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

WTF that drunken style dude didnt even land a decent attack
Old 06-04-2009, 04:37 AM
Iamnotausername
Banned

Rep Power: 12 Iamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond reputeIamnotausername has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 832,583.54
Total Points: 961,988.78
1k - Mile Kitic a beer to DnB - Dubstep Demon 

Capoeira is ok, it looks good visiually but its ridiculously impractical unless you're a great athlete and even then you need to be given time and space to do your moves, which a lot of martial arts dont let you do. Thats the reason you dont see much capoeira in mma.

I dont know what that guy who was facing the capoeira guy was doing he just stood off him the whole time, any good fighter would be all over the capoeira guy like a rash before he could get any of them kicks off.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
j
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 632,744.87

no discipline is useless.

it is the person that makes an art useless. u could give van gogh and some kid off the street the same tools, but would they still have the same outcome?

hell no. cause one of them actually mastered his craft.

i have met good fighters from shaolin to kempo to boxing. it all depends on the person.