Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 05:24 PM
BrooklynBomber
Bi-furious.

Rep Power: 604 BrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynBomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,125,803,856.77
Total Points: 194,171,055,775.62
a toast to all the excitement bernard hopkins has gifted the world...... - Left Hook Tua The meaning of life, Brook. Thats what is in this box. Who can beat that gift? Thats what I thought... - K-Nan 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post
Half the problem is that the average person buys a shoe based on how it looks and how it feels walking 10 yards back and forth in the shoe store. Maybe if they could actually try it in an athletic endeavor they could make a better choice.

On top of that most people do not know how to run. The average person doesn't realize that Usain Bolt's heel never touches the surface of a track. I watch people run at the gym and it almost hurts me to see how flatfooted they are.

I loved when it was race time and got to put on my hard bottom 4 oz sp*kes because it was the closest thing to being barefoot.
yeah, the lightest and most minimalistic shoes are the best for running, not like these big ass nike shox or whatever they called.
And as for running, when I did some sprinting I knew when I was getting in the groove when I was running at the speed where I was barely touching the floor, as the enertia was pushing me so hard, thats how I was taught to run by my old soviet trainer. Most people, however, when they see my run, tell me I run weirdly because I pull my knees too high and keep my arms around shoulders. And surely barely anyone ever realizes that you run pretty much on your "toes" and the area of the foot close to it.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 125 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,912,013,890.27
Total Points: 54,356,456,187.23
For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli 
Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora 
To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* No Message - lanigav 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

I ****ed up my knee running in chucks and vans.. it's really all I wear.
I tried running in my old boxing shoes and there was less strain on my knees..
I bought some running shoes after and I haven't had much problems with my knees.
Never tried running barefoot.. I do my runs around the gym on concrete or at the running track at the fitness gym.
People drop trash on grass a lot of times too and you run the risk of stepping on glass.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Dirt E Gomez
***Stupendous***

Rep Power: 9748 Dirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeDirt E Gomez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,497,284.34
Total Points: 677,832,952.56
Comes with free herpes - mickey gomez Stuff this up your butt when you think of me. - MizzzouMan Cunt - Rocky C heres your Lockerz invite. fag - Mech. Pollution comments - ABOSWORTH 
Jason FTW! - MANGLER hooahh - Mucus 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 
Send a message via AIM to Dirt E Gomez

Most training accessories are detrimental to the athletes. That includes straps, weight belts, etc...

I would say; bad form of running is a bigger problem. Very few people actually know the best way to run to prevent injury.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Run
To The Quiet Lake

Rep Power: 16919 Run has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond reputeRun has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 353,158,540.40
Total Points: 2,095,450,770,159,671.75
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
thanks bro,good man. - BoZz Bribery for you to not kill me - led cheers friendo - Mike Tyson77 Super, man! :) - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy 
Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy G - rorymac The Man! - TBear Always my Amigo - Anorak <3 - paulf 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msagrain View Post
Don't be Stupid.
Oh there's a real gem.

The biggest idiot on this forum, asking Brook to not be "Stupid".