Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 AM
MakeDamnSure
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,530,962.42
Total Points: 83,729,762.55
... - MakeDamnSure No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua 
Universally recognize p4p king Manny Pacquiao FROM - FasTHarD No Message - Little Mac Have a snack homey - mangler No Message - Little Mac O mag beer muna tayo! - jhacen 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Default Parkinson's disease likely for Hatton?

Parkinson's disease likely for Hatton?
By Abac Cordero

The knockout that Ricky Hatton suffered in the heavy hands of Manny Pacquiao was no ordinary knockout.

Because in the eyes of a medical expert, the pride of Manchester who went down cold after taking a solid left hook to the jaw showed signs of seizure while he lay motionless on the canvas.

Dr. Rolando Jeremillo Jr., an ortho surgeon and medical director of the Ambica Biotechnologies here in the Philippines, is no boxing expert. But he surely knows his way around the brutal sport.

“I’ve seen a lot of knockouts, and some big ones, too. But what Ricky Hatton suffered was a different one. It was a scary knockout,” said Jeremillo, who saw the fight live on pay-per-view.

“There are knockouts where the boxers fall hard and wobble on the way up. And there are knockouts of this kind, where the boxers, in this case Hatton, lose consciousness for a brief time.”

Based on his observation, Hatton appeared to have lost his consciousness even before he hit the blue canvas of the MGM Grand that was packed to the rafters. His eyes rolled, breathed heavily and hardly moved for some time.

“To me, it looked like a seizure right there and then,” observed Jeremillo.

No wonder Hatton’s fiancée, Jennifer Dooley, was almost hysterical at ringside, being consoled by the girlfriend of the boxer’s brother, Matthew. His parents, Ray and Carol, were also at ringside.

A seizure, according to wikipedia, can last few seconds, and are often associated with a sudden and involuntary contraction of a group of muscles and loss of consciousness.

As Pacquiao and his fans celebrated, ring physicians attended to Hatton who appeared to be in a very dangerous state. It took a few minutes before he managed to get up.

He was later taken to the Valley Hospital in Las Vegas, underwent brain scan and few other tests before being cleared. The day after he was at the pool area of the MGM, cooling off.

Jeremillo can only hope that the worst is over for Hatton. He said punches like that may cause Parkinson’s disease, the same one which fighters like Muhammad Ali or even Freddie Roach suffers from.

“It may come 10 or 20 years from now. But even if Hatton retires tomorrow, he just became a candidate for Parkinson’s (a disease that causes movement disorders),” said Jeremillo.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-11-2009, 03:01 AM
ЯiZО
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,941.18
go get diabetes and die - Mr._Pink zoom &amp;gt; clegg - Mr._Pink i love you - Mr._Pink bastard! you better log on and buy some damn weapons! - Mr._Pink You want more! - Chunk 
Chunk cake got you all fucked up in the head! - Chunk The creamy middle is made up of Clegg's spunk! - Chunk i hate you - Mr._Pink I want you to dance like a monkey for this slice of cake! Dance monkey, dance! - Chunk this cake business is getting out of hand - TRAVI$ 
It contains my love juice. Maybe a little ear wax too. - Demise It looks to me that you like cake? - Spacey1991 What's with all the fucking cakes? - Garo you love cakes! eat shit cake! :D ahah - andrew14 Anal cake - I Got Bummed 
can i finger bang you? - Mr._Pink i don't understand the runescape game. - Mr._Pink Got my cum in the middle. ENJOY! - _PlaT_NuM_ i see you have a thing for cake. but theis ones special. cos im popping out of it ;) - vanilamilkshake filled with my cum LOL - yeks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - yeks 

This is unbelievably stupid.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:01 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 210,146,598,245.09
Total Points: 815,589,743,671.87
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

I read this article on another site, then watched the k.o in slow motion ,i think the doc was right he did look like he went threw a seizure i hope he retires what else is there for him to prove.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:02 AM
baracuda
Banned

Rep Power: 0 baracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond reputebaracuda has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,882.18
Total Points: 10,147,593.12
Be Joyful - Gift Giver beer aro ta long weekend :beerchug: - peyk-peyk tagay mo lamet aro :beerchug: - peyk-peyk parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - irrashai19 

let's just hope not!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Rep Power: 107 MARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond reputeMARKBNLV has a reputation beyond repute
4500 post in Boss Lady's thread of madness! :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! x - *Boss Lady* Merry xmas too bro! - led Happy Holidays Marky! - Lorily 
merry christmas - Tha_Greatest Merry christmas bud - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy bday bro. - led Happy Birthday Mark - TBear 
Keep life rollin' don't stop being positive! - Uns Right back at you, love :) - Bossy :) - Bossy Congrats for the second kid - led* get some pussy bro - Mannie Phresh 
great job exposing that racist draft dodger ali. hes in his state because hes a racist and deserves it - I'm so sorry No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* Mwerry Christmas Mark. I hope you have a great one bro. - deanrw happy new years homie, lol, you my boy , lol, peace, to you and your family aswell - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - shogun tua Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Rip Chudd Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

My friend Cliff Couser is already showing signs of parkinsons everyone he knows tells him to retire but a fighters going to do what a fighter wants to do.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408,818,806.75
Total Points: 418,895,777.90

Out of the millions of people who have Parkinson's, how many of them were boxers?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Puntoyhauf
In Honor of SAMURAI

Rep Power: 11 Puntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,835,800,606.40
Total Points: 2,835,920,635.40
For all the laughs and being a great guy. - S a m u r a i lol sweet avi, teh one with pac and morales always cracked me up - Orgasmatron To celebrate Manny's victory - S a m u r a i have a slice pizza - shahzadgers No Message - Mr._Pink 
You're still my idol! LOL. - S a m u r a i 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Hepatitis C - S a m u r a i Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
Parkinson's disease likely for Hatton?
By Abac Cordero

The knockout that Ricky Hatton suffered in the heavy hands of Manny Pacquiao was no ordinary knockout.

Because in the eyes of a medical expert, the pride of Manchester who went down cold after taking a solid left hook to the jaw showed signs of seizure while he lay motionless on the canvas.

Dr. Rolando Jeremillo Jr., an ortho surgeon and medical director of the Ambica Biotechnologies here in the Philippines, is no boxing expert. But he surely knows his way around the brutal sport.

“I’ve seen a lot of knockouts, and some big ones, too. But what Ricky Hatton suffered was a different one. It was a scary knockout,” said Jeremillo, who saw the fight live on pay-per-view.

“There are knockouts where the boxers fall hard and wobble on the way up. And there are knockouts of this kind, where the boxers, in this case Hatton, lose consciousness for a brief time.”

Based on his observation, Hatton appeared to have lost his consciousness even before he hit the blue canvas of the MGM Grand that was packed to the rafters. His eyes rolled, breathed heavily and hardly moved for some time.

“To me, it looked like a seizure right there and then,” observed Jeremillo.

No wonder Hatton’s fiancée, Jennifer Dooley, was almost hysterical at ringside, being consoled by the girlfriend of the boxer’s brother, Matthew. His parents, Ray and Carol, were also at ringside.

A seizure, according to wikipedia, can last few seconds, and are often associated with a sudden and involuntary contraction of a group of muscles and loss of consciousness.

As Pacquiao and his fans celebrated, ring physicians attended to Hatton who appeared to be in a very dangerous state. It took a few minutes before he managed to get up.

He was later taken to the Valley Hospital in Las Vegas, underwent brain scan and few other tests before being cleared. The day after he was at the pool area of the MGM, cooling off.

Jeremillo can only hope that the worst is over for Hatton. He said punches like that may cause Parkinson’s disease, the same one which fighters like Muhammad Ali or even Freddie Roach suffers from.

“It may come 10 or 20 years from now. But even if Hatton retires tomorrow, he just became a candidate for Parkinson’s (a disease that causes movement disorders),” said Jeremillo.
He was OK... I believe he drank about 20 bottles of Guinness at pool side.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 AM
MARKBNLV
Im A Mark

Not many but you cant say that all the damage these guys receive has nothing to do with there parkinsons and usually its the old not the young afected.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 AM
ЯiZО
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond reputeЯiZО has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,941.18
go get diabetes and die - Mr._Pink zoom &amp;gt; clegg - Mr._Pink i love you - Mr._Pink bastard! you better log on and buy some damn weapons! - Mr._Pink You want more! - Chunk 
Chunk cake got you all fucked up in the head! - Chunk The creamy middle is made up of Clegg's spunk! - Chunk i hate you - Mr._Pink I want you to dance like a monkey for this slice of cake! Dance monkey, dance! - Chunk this cake business is getting out of hand - TRAVI$ 
It contains my love juice. Maybe a little ear wax too. - Demise It looks to me that you like cake? - Spacey1991 What's with all the fucking cakes? - Garo you love cakes! eat shit cake! :D ahah - andrew14 Anal cake - I Got Bummed 
can i finger bang you? - Mr._Pink i don't understand the runescape game. - Mr._Pink Got my cum in the middle. ENJOY! - _PlaT_NuM_ i see you have a thing for cake. but theis ones special. cos im popping out of it ;) - vanilamilkshake filled with my cum LOL - yeks 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - yeks 

Cancer likely for Hatton.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:23 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408,818,806.75
Total Points: 418,895,777.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbnlv View Post
Not many but you cant say that all the damage these guys receive has nothing to do with there parkinsons and usually its the old not the young afected.
I would never pretend to know exactly what kind of damage is done. All I am saying is most fighters dont end up with Parkinson's, and most people with Parkinson's werent pro fighters.