Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM
rocky_balboa23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 rocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,909,709,631,903.83
Total Points: 2,909,712,721,523.67
cheers! - Thwf Enjoy watching basketball pre. Cheers! - Radke 
Default Parkinson's disease likely for Hatton?

By Abac Cordero Updated May 11, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - The knockout that Ricky Hatton suffered in the heavy hands of Manny Pacquiao was no ordinary knockout.

Because in the eyes of a medical expert, the pride of Manchester who went down cold after taking a solid left hook to the jaw showed signs of seizure while he lay motionless on the canvas.

Dr. Rolando Jeremillo Jr., an ortho surgeon and medical director of the Ambica Biotechnologies here in the Philippines, is no boxing expert. But he surely knows his way around the brutal sport.

“I’ve seen a lot of knockouts, and some big ones, too. But what Ricky Hatton suffered was a different one. It was a scary knockout,” said Jeremillo, who saw the fight live on pay-per-view.

“There are knockouts where the boxers fall hard and wobble on the way up. And there are knockouts of this kind, where the boxers, in this case Hatton, lose consciousness for a brief time.”

Based on his observation, Hatton appeared to have lost his consciousness even before he hit the blue canvas of the MGM Grand that was packed to the rafters. His eyes rolled, breathed heavily and hardly moved for some time.

“To me, it looked like a seizure right there and then,” observed Jeremillo.

No wonder Hatton’s fiancée, Jennifer Dooley, was almost hysterical at ringside, being consoled by the girlfriend of the boxer’s brother, Matthew. His parents, Ray and Carol, were also at ringside.

A seizure, according to wikipedia, can last few seconds, and are often associated with a sudden and involuntary contraction of a group of muscles and loss of consciousness.

As Pacquiao and his fans celebrated, ring physicians attended to Hatton who appeared to be in a very dangerous state. It took a few minutes before he managed to get up.

He was later taken to the Valley Hospital in Las Vegas, underwent brain scan and few other tests before being cleared. The day after he was at the pool area of the MGM, cooling off.

Jeremillo can only hope that the worst is over for Hatton. He said punches like that may cause Parkinson’s disease, the same one which fighters like Muhammad Ali or even Freddie Roach suffers from.

“It may come 10 or 20 years from now. But even if Hatton retires tomorrow, he just became a candidate for Parkinson’s (a disease that causes movement disorders),” said Jeremillo.

Last edited by rocky_balboa23; 05-10-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
MOTHER DUCKER
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,217,821.24
Total Points: 25,241,757.07
For being a cool poster - -Ironmike- The GOAT - dj emz The GOAT - dj emz 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - dj emz 

Maybe he shouldn't binge and gain so much weight between fights then and have no ****ing gameplan. I have no sympathy for him his performance out there was pathetic and im a Brit..
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
W1LLPOW3R
Banned

Rep Power: 0 W1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these partsW1LLPOW3R is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,026.98

any fighter can suffer post career brain damage. Some fighters take an ungodly amount of punishment and never show it, others who didn't seem to get hit to bad go senile...
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
rocky_balboa23
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 rocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond reputerocky_balboa23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootz86 View Post
Maybe he shouldn't binge and gain so much weight between fights then and have no ****ing gameplan. I have no sympathy for him his performance out there was pathetic and im a Brit..
Come on..it was really a scary scene out there..U shud be proud of Hatton..he has fans like no one else..
Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,038,333,782.27
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Being selfish i dont want Hatton to quit because there are some fights i would like to see in him and against certain people. Khan being the main one.
But after hearing that from the Doc, i think it would be best for hatton to retire. I think all that drinking has made him chinny. Dehydrated his brain or something like that so he cant take a punch, or at least a punch has a seriouser effect on him.

It cant get any better now for hatton. He will be easier to knock out.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
SkillspayBills
Banned

Rep Power: 0 SkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,143,136,321,171,747.50
Total Points: 2,143,136,321,215,454.50
Was it as good for you, as it was for me? :flirt: LMAO! :D All done, I promise :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Felt like switching up the order :D lol - *Boss Lady* Still love me? :kiss: :flirt: - Bossy Heart bro(no homo) for the 20k. - led Happy 20k darling! :kiss: - Bossy 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... Need to cool down, your avatars make me hot - Uns somth to remember me by :) - nillamilkshake No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Bday - Terrel Happy bday bro - MANGLER Happy Birthday babe, I'm lucky to know you :D :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday to a BS MVP. - The_Bringer Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Green K sent also, thanks bud :fing02: - jose830 Happy Birthday homie :beerchug: - jose830 HBD bro - led* Skills loves dills - junior gong everything good here thanks for asking I hope everything good with you also :fing02: - -jose- 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BritishBoxing92 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BritishBoxing92 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BritishBoxing92 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BritishBoxing92 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BritishBoxing92 Hepatitis C - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - BritishBoxing92 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BritishBoxing92 Head and Neck Cancer - BritishBoxing92 
Autism - The Underboss Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Ricky needs to hang em up. He has had a fantastic career and only lost to the two best fighters in the world. It's obvious he doesn't want to go out that way though.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Infern0
Banned

Rep Power: 23 Infern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond reputeInfern0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.07
Total Points: 549,941.16
Eat Up - ??? One of boxingscene's best - Carnivore No Message - Little Mac 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir Tom Jones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Queen_Leia Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Klitschko2009 

Oh well thats something nice to look forawrd to then.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM
MOTHER DUCKER
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond reputeMOTHER DUCKER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,217,821.24
Total Points: 25,241,757.07
For being a cool poster - -Ironmike- The GOAT - dj emz The GOAT - dj emz 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - dj emz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
Come on..it was really a scary scene out there..U shud be proud of Hatton..he has fans like no one else..
I was untill that performance, it was just terrible after the Mayweather defeat (which he did ok in) he went on about how he went back to "old rick hatton, no game plan etc" in that fight. Then before the pacman fight he talks again how he will have head movement, move a bit etc, at fight night.. none of this
Old 05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Pretty Boy1
Best In The World!!

Rep Power: 28 Pretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,300,204,765,470.99
Total Points: 6,300,204,804,145.67
cheers , scotsman! - Left Hook Tua For the hollyoaks lezzers!! - KrisSilver This clover marks your 2 year anniversary.. - ABOSWORTH two years of membership on boxingscene! very good prettyboy1 san.. - Miyagi 2 years and counting.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Merry Christmas - msagrain Awesome people are born on 15th June. - Demise Happy birthday homey - mangler Here homey. You need more food. - mangler For watching the whole video of that dumb bitch. - BulgariasFinest 
Avi :love: - Bossy 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Send a message via MSN to Pretty Boy1

Man I hope that he doesn't get Parkinsons! It kills me to see Ali the way he is, would hate it to happen to Ricky!!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:05 PM
rocky_balboa23
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootz86 View Post
I was untill that performance, it was just terrible after the Mayweather defeat (which he did ok in) he went on about how he went back to "old rick hatton, no game plan etc" in that fight. Then before the pacman fight he talks again how he will have head movement, move a bit etc, at fight night.. none of this
I was looking forward to a great fight as well but deep in my heart I know it would be a quick fight..both have good power..unfortunately for him he got caught bad..he shud hae adjusted in the 2nd round..but **** the KO was scary..he was out even before he hit the canvass..then his head was moving involuntarily when he was already down..