• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs. Marquez: Opening Betting Line:

Betting odds are out for this fight.

Floyd Mayweather: -400
    JMM - +275

Whatdya'll think? That was the same line Floyd has vs. Gatti. I think i'll throw 1-2k on Floyd to pocket a few hundred. Seems to easy. I think the line increases closer to fight time.

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post

JMM - +275

Whatdya'll think? That was the same line Floyd has vs. Gatti. I think i'll throw 1-2k on Floyd to pocket a few hundred. Seems to easy. I think the line increases closer to fight time.
    Or decreases. Anyway, I'd take JMM, he's too good and the odds are even better.
    Easy money.

Comment

Needs to be about +500 for me to even think about laying short money on JMM. No way I bet on Floyd though even though I like him to win, I can not justify 400 to win 100 in almost any boxing match (and it will probably get worse before tightening up toward the end)

Comment

JMM - +275

I never bet a prohibitive favourite.

Winning a couple hundred means little to me... losing a grand pisses me the hell off.

You know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post

I never bet a prohibitive favourite.

Winning a couple hundred means little to me... losing a grand pisses me the hell off.

You know what I mean?
          LOL oh I know what you mean. I think i had that feeling last when Jaurez lost to Soto.

That being said, jesus -400 is a steal in this situation I think. There's no value on marquez' price but laying 1k to win 250 isnt that bad considering the matchup. At the end of the day if JMM wins atleast a year later I'd say well I spent 1k to see Floyd lose & it was worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dapeedreean View Post
            Easy money.
            LOL @ easy money....

Comment

LOL oh I know what you mean. I think i had that feeling last when Jaurez lost to Soto.

That being said, jesus -400 is a steal in this situation I think. There's no value on marquez' price but laying 1k to win 250 isnt that bad considering the matchup. At the end of the day if JMM wins atleast a year later I'd say well I spent 1k to see Floyd lose & it was worth it!
              I'm not a cheapskate, but the last time i lost fifteen hundred in Vegas, it kinda ruined my whole weekend. Not just the loss of the money, but then i became Frugal Freddy for the rest of the weekend.

This was a few years ago. We were at the Hard Rock. we went to Baby's, and I'm looking at the prices on the bottles, and said "naaah, too much. I'll skip VIP". The next day at the pool, I didn't get a cabana which i always get and which is necessary if you want to get your grown-man on. I think i ate some kind of buffet instead of going to Nobu.

You know why? Because i was down fifteen hundred!!

Comment

the odds could be +5000 for marquez... its still not easy money

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
                  I'm not a cheapskate, but the last time i lost fifteen hundred in Vegas, it kinda ruined my whole weekend. Not just the loss of the money, but then i became Frugal Freddy for the rest of the weekend.

This was a few years ago. We were at the Hard Rock. we went to Baby's, and I'm looking at the prices on the bottles, and said "naaah, too much. I'll skip VIP". The next day at the pool, I didn't get a cabana which i always get and which is necessary if you want to get your grown-man on. I think i ate some kind of buffet instead of going to Nobu.

You know why? Because i was down fifteen hundred!!
                  That is why I love playing poker in Vegas. Spending other peoples hard earned cash in Vegas is the whip.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dapeedreean View Post
                    Easy money.
                    If you are going to lay money on JMM I recommend waiting on it a little because I think you could get much better odds on JMM.

Comment

Working...
                    X