Anyone got tips on building a ring? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-15-2004, 08:26 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,206,645.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default Anyone got tips on building a ring?

I've got enough room after, I clean out my basement to possibly make a 10x10 ring. Which really isnt to big but it will serve its purpose and get me more sparring in and such...

I was thinking about laying down tires and plywood over that and then get ring canvas and lay that down and buy ring ropes and posts.....

Anyone got any suggestions to build one????
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-15-2004, 09:44 AM
leff
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 45 leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,089,230.86
Send a message via MSN to leff

Ask someone who knowa about this.

Go to the srore who sellt ring ropes and stuff and ask, ask the manager at the gym.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:30 PM
plexmc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 plexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to beholdplexmc is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 13,088.74

damn call me when your done
Old 11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute

I found a pretty decent way to do it and I found out that I have enough room to do a 12x12 ring

Im going to make a wood base 12x12

support it with beams underneath and lay plywood over it to support it and then lay the canvas down over the plywood.

I will be using wooden posts as the ring posts as well....

I went to Lowes and it is going to cost me about 200 bucks after all said and done minus the turnbuckles and such, However it is a start and hope to have it done before the new years....

I will take pics when finished.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
boxer2k5
im a sociable person

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23 boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,254,466.65

i wanted to do this as well but have no space

i know you can buy rings and equipment from everlast

BTW where are you from

o yeah spinx i was aroudn 225 when i started posting here
after upping my workout and diet and taking the stack im down to around 210 215 in like 2 half weeks

by jan i will be at 185
Old 11-17-2004, 01:37 PM
elveiel
A.K.A - evil -

Rep Power: 6104 elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 178,672.00

If you decide to buy a cheap ring, then the below link is ok.

http://protecboxing.com/acatalog/

Last edited by elveiel; 11-17-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:55 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

elveiel-Looks nice wouldnt mind having one but it is to tall.

boxer2k5-Glad to see that stack working for you keep it up and going, it only gets better...

Im from West Virginia.

Im not looking to splurge a whole bunch of money into it really, All I need is a square and some ropes.....

But I figured the cost would be around 200-300 which isnt to bad.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Dyl-G
Main Daime

Rep Power: 20 Dyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond reputeDyl-G has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,000,096,270.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx
I've got enough room after, I clean out my basement to possibly make a 10x10 ring. Which really isnt to big but it will serve its purpose and get me more sparring in and such...

I was thinking about laying down tires and plywood over that and then get ring canvas and lay that down and buy ring ropes and posts.....

Anyone got any suggestions to build one????
spinks i heard an idea like that where if you want an elevated ring you can bury posts in the ground and put the pole through tires until your at the top and then build a wooden base and laydown gymnastic mats and theres your floor the turnbuckles you can probably buy online and the rest is up to your imagination.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl-G
spinks i heard an idea like that where if you want an elevated ring you can bury posts in the ground and put the pole through tires until your at the top and then build a wooden base and laydown gymnastic mats and theres your floor the turnbuckles you can probably buy online and the rest is up to your imagination.
It would be in my basement, I thought the tires would work as well (and they would) but my ceiling space is ridiculously low so im looking to elevate it about 3-5 inches.....

Turnbuckles I did find 25 bucks a piece *ouch*

Good Ideas though.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 PM
julDilla
Record: 0 - 0

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 19362 julDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond reputejulDilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,573,951,121.13
Total Points: 14,574,517,366.96

you need to buy a mat for that ring elveiel, cuz it doesnt come with one

Share This With Friends

User Tag List