Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
ACHlLLES
Banned

Rep Power: 23 ACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond reputeACHlLLES has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,039,889.72
Total Points: 1,509,989.86
No Message - -Boxzilla- for making the giveaway thread more interesting - -Boxzilla- Cheers! - Breakbeat 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Default The no I won't quit attitude when training even with injuries

Is that a bad attitude to have or a good one because its also pushing your body to the limit? Like, I have feet problems when jogging bottom of my feet start to hurt and I continue to jog still, and sometimes my left calve muscle starts to get in pain but I still continue to jog.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-28-2009, 01:14 AM
JabSandwich
Contender

Rep Power: 0 JabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these partsJabSandwich is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,729.60

pain is the single most important message ur body sends u. the never quit 'tude is great but for me its all about perspective. i know my body better than ne1 and if something's wrong the last thing i want is to cause permanent damage. theres pain i soldier through and pain that makes me stop, i'm not proud to the point of idiocy

oh, and that foot pain is prolly caused by improper arch support
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 AM
peewee1460
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,646,113.03
Total Points: 24,661,739.92

pain's just a part of the game. if you ever go into a fight injury free, you didn't train hard enough.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 AM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,112,750.13

If its normal pain like say from lactic acid build up or other general soreness then that is one thing and just part of training hard.

But if you got some joint pain or something that doesnt seem normal, then stop until you can figure out what is going on. Its stupid to keep going if you are seriously hurt.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 707,368,082,482.47
Total Points: 707,368,084,941.79
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee1460 View Post
pain's just a part of the game. if you ever go into a fight injury free, you didn't train hard enough.
Congratulation. That is the most retarded thing i read today.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 AM
gratz_the_king
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 gratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these partsgratz_the_king is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,223,432.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Congratulation. That is the most retarded thing i read today.
a ***** like you wouldnt understand this logic...peewee1460 is right, but ***** made ******* like you will never understand this

go cry to momma when you have a scraped knee
Old 04-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 707,368,082,482.47
Total Points: 707,368,084,941.79
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratz_the_king View Post
a ***** like you wouldnt understand this logic...peewee1460 is right, but ***** made ******* like you will never understand this

go cry to momma when you have a scraped knee
***** please, keep the internet tough guy **** for your online buddies. I train and spar harder than you ever will you little keyboard warrior.

Saying that if you don't injure yourself training means that you don't train hard enough is the most moronic thing i ever heard on this forum.

Injuries happen yes, you shouldn't let injuries stop you, yes. But thinking that injuring yourself means you have been training hard is ****ing stupid.

If you injure yourself it's either bad luck or it means you don't know how to train properly. The latter probably describing you best.

I'm talking about getting hurt here, no being sore. If you think being sore is an injurie you're a *****.

Last edited by Equilibrium; 04-28-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 AM
RightCross94
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.78
Total Points: 88,328.51
Quality poster - JAB5239 For The Little Gay Loser - Carnivore 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

wtf getting injured doesnt neccessarily mean you trained hard, if anythign it usually means you have done something wrong in training
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 AM
boxingsmash69
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 boxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 442,829.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
Is that a bad attitude to have or a good one because its also pushing your body to the limit? Like, I have feet problems when jogging bottom of my feet start to hurt and I continue to jog still, and sometimes my left calve muscle starts to get in pain but I still continue to jog.
the shoes you are running in are probably not right for you.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/...t/shoe-dog.jsp

http://running.zappos.com/content/ro...oadshoes.zhtml

having the right running shoes makes a HUGE difference in comfort.

most people go to their local running store (Road Runner Sports, Fleet Feet, etc.) [NOT footlocker, payless]), to get their foot type/gait analyzed by the salesman. usually they have you jog/run on a treadmill, with a camera to film the way your feet land. they can also have you walk on this pressure sensitive test pad that analyzes how much pressure is being put onto certain parts of your foot. next, they grab a few different brands of a specific type of running shoe, to have you try it on. this test process is usually 100% free.

Last edited by boxingsmash69; 04-28-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
ACC295
Amateur

Total Points: 3,691.48

mate last thing you want to do is end up with a serious injury. try givin it a rest for a couple days an then hook back in. if it gets worse see a doctor. your better off showing a little patience then ending up with something that could possibly put u out of action for a longtime. also if your calf muscle is hurting, try doing some stretches if u havent already, usually helps me.