Rodrigo Gracie signs with K-1 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 05-27-2004, 06:43 PM #1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 739,051.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0
Arrow Rodrigo Gracie signs with K-1

Source: http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=6838

A short while back it was announced that Rodrigo Gracie was in negotiations with K-1. Now, with Rodrigo's fifth consecutive win against Japan's Hyiato 'Mach' Sakurai, K-1 knew they had to make a move. So the deal is done: Rodrigo Gracie signed a 3 fight deal with K-1!

The details of the fights are not yet available and opponents have not been discussed, but it is now confirmed that Rodrigo signed a 3 fight minimum/ 1 year deal with Mega event K-1 MMA. The contract includes a 3 year management deal with K-1 for promotions and other considerations in Japan.

Rodrigo, will be accompanied by his cousin Royce Gracie for his fights in Japan .

ADCC caught up with Rodrigo to find out whats up....

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

KP: You you must be very excited to have signed this deal
RG:
Yes, we have been working on the deal for a while now, and I am very pleased that it has been finalized. Its time for Gracie's to start competing in K-1 events.

KP: Have you started training, even though you do not have an opponent yet?
RG:
I have been training and staying in shape, an opponent is not important for training, only for fight strategy, so yes, I have been training and keeping myself in shape.

KP: You are currently undefeated in MMA competitions, does that put pressure on your for your fights?
RG:
I am a Gracie, that puts pressure on me for the fights, the record is just a record. Its what's in your heart that matters. Anything can happened in the ring, the only way to know that is to step in to the ring.

KP: Your cousin Royce Gracie will be going to Japan with you, anything to say about that.
RG:
Yes I am very happy to be able to have him around. I have been talking to him a lot, he has a lot of experience in MMA and inside into fighting, I think its a good person for me to listen and learn. I still train with Renzo, the family now is more united than ever.

KP: Anything you want to add
RG:
Just want to thank all my fans and supporters in the US and Japan, my students and family. I am very excited about this opportunity and I think you will see a more focused and determined fighter this time around in K-1

KP: Thank you
RG:
My pleasure
DOGGx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-27-2004, 06:56 PM #2
Contender

Slacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond reputeSlacker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,833.46

Is he fighting MMA or K-1?
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 07:02 PM #3

DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 739,051.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

K-1 MMA. 170lbs. Looks like Penn has some more competition now.
DOGGx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:52 PM #4
Llamas love midgets

Location: Overlooking NYC, five minutes away from the birthplace of baseball...
Mr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389,880,530.17
Total Points: 1,390,070,786.37
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Beelzebub Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Beelzebub

Rodrigo is the only Gracie that has had a couple "competitive" wins as of late.
Mr. Beelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 02:55 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 345,134.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris

rodrigo vs. penn - sounds sweet
Kempo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 06:40 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond reputeBluecifer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 296,238.87

Rodrigo is too tall for 170, I think he's a natural 185lber. He'll probably lose strength at that weight. I must admit though, that guy is so slick on the ground, I'd love to see him fight BJ.
Bluecifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List