2009 BoxingScene All-Time Consensus Heavyweight Rankings - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 AM #1
Hawk O'Connor Hawk O'Connor is offline
Erin go Bragh
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 1,347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Hawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,632.13
Bank: 46,608.30
Total Points: 73,240.43
Default 2009 BoxingScene All-Time Consensus Heavyweight Rankings

This is the new consensus ranking. This consensus consisted of 25 voters. Go here for the previous ranking. In case of a tie-breaker the fighter with the highest position votes is placed ahead.
  1. Joe Louis - 352 points
  2. Muhammad Ali - 351 points
  3. Larry Holmes - 241 points
  4. George Foreman - 239 points
  5. Lennox Lewis - 223 points
  6. Jack Johnson - 216 points
  7. Rocky Marciano - 202 points
  8. Jack Dempsey - 189 points
  9. Joe Frazier - 184 points
  10. Mike Tyson - 175 points
  11. Evander Holyfield - 152 points
  12. Sonny Liston - 135 points
  13. Gene Tunney - 59 points
  14. Ezzard Charles - 36 points
  15. Sam Langford - 35 points
  16. Jim Jeffries - 32 points
  17. Harry Wills - 24 points
  18. Floyd Patterson - 22 points
  19. Jersey Joe Walcott - 18 points
  20. Riddick Bowe - 14 points
  21. James J. Corbett - 11 points
  22. Max Schmelling - 11 points
  23. Vitali Klitschko - 10 points
  24. Ken Norton - 9 points
  25. John L. Sullivan - 6 points


Here is the way the votes tallied up. The voting position is first and the number of votes are in parenthesis. NR denotes Not Ranked.
  • Joe Louis - 1(8), 2(14), 3(2), 6(1)
  • Muhammad Ali - 1(15), 2(9), NR(1)
  • Larry Holmes - 3(11), 4(6), 5(4), 9(1), 11(1), NR(2)
  • George Foreman - 3(1), 4(4), 5(5), 6(7), 7(1), 8(2), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(1)
  • Lennox Lewis - 1(1), 3(2), 4(3), 5(5), 6(3), 7(1), 8(2), 10(4), 11(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Johnson - 1(1), 3(4), 4(4), 5(3), 6(1), 8(3), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(2), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Rocky Marciano - 3(2), 4(1), 5(2), 6(3), 7(3), 8(5), 9(4), 10(1), 12(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Dempsey - 3(2), 4(4), 6(3), 7(2), 8(1), 9(2), 10(2), 11(4), 12(2), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Joe Frazier - 5(1), 6(3), 7(8), 8(3), 9(3), 10(1), 11(3), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Mike Tyson - 2(1), 4(1), 6(1), 7(5), 8(2), 9(2), 10(4), 11(3), 12(2), 13(1), NR(3)
  • Evander Holyfield - 4(1), 5(2), 6(1), 7(2), 8(5), 9(3), 10(4), 11(1), 12(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(1)
  • Sonny Liston - 5(1), 6(2), 7(2), 8(1), 9(3), 10(3), 11(2), 12(6), 13(1), 14(1), NR(3)
  • Gene Tunney - 5(1), 8(1), 11(2), 12(1), 13(3), 14(6), 15(1), NR(10)
  • Ezzard Charles - 10(1), 11(3), 12(1), 13(1), 14(2), 15(4), NR(13)
  • Sam Langford - 4(1), 7(1), 9(1), 13(1), 14(1), 15(2), NR(18)
  • Jim Jeffries - 2(1), 12(1), 13(4), 15(2), NR(17)
  • Harry Wills - 9(1), 12(2), 13(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(18)
  • Floyd Patterson - 10(1), 13(1), 14(3), 15(7), NR(13)
  • Jersey Joe Walcott - 12(3), 14(3), NR(19)
  • Riddick Bowe - 10(1), 13(2), 15(2), NR(20)
  • James J. Corbett - 5(1), NR(24)
  • MAX Schmeling - 9(1). 12(1), NR(23)
  • Vitali Klitschko - 8(1), 14(1), NR(23)
  • Ken Norton - 11(1), 14(2), NR(22)
  • John L. Sullivan - 11(1), 15(1), NR(23)
  • Michael Spinx - 10(1), NR(24)
  • James J. Braddock - 13(1), NR(24)
  • Wladimir Klitschko - 15(2), NR(23)
  • Peter Jackson - 14(1), NR(24)
  • Michael Moorer - 15(1), NR(24)
Hawk O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-19-2009, 02:05 AM #2
Ziggy Stardust Ziggy Stardust is offline
Life On Mars?
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,627
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 60
Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 45,283.49
Bank: 214,808,672,846,536.09
Total Points: 214,808,672,891,819.59
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
This is the new consensus ranking. This consensus consisted of 25 voters. Go here for the previous ranking. In case of a tie-breaker the fighter with the highest position votes is placed ahead.
  1. Joe Louis - 352 points
  2. Muhammad Ali - 351 points
  3. Larry Holmes - 241 points
  4. George Foreman - 239 points
  5. Lennox Lewis - 223 points
  6. Jack Johnson - 216 points
  7. Rocky Marciano - 202 points
  8. Jack Dempsey - 189 points
  9. Joe Frazier - 184 points
  10. Mike Tyson - 175 points
  11. Evander Holyfield - 152 points
  12. Sonny Liston - 135 points
  13. Gene Tunney - 59 points
  14. Ezzard Charles - 36 points
  15. Sam Langford - 35 points
  16. Jim Jeffries - 32 points
  17. Harry Wills - 24 points
  18. Floyd Patterson - 22 points
  19. Jersey Joe Walcott - 18 points
  20. Riddick Bowe - 14 points
  21. James J. Corbett - 11 points
  22. Max Schmelling - 11 points
  23. Vitali Klitschko - 10 points
  24. Ken Norton - 9 points
  25. John L. Sullivan - 6 points


Here is the way the votes tallied up. The voting position is first and the number of votes are in parenthesis. NR denotes Not Ranked.
  • Joe Louis - 1(8), 2(14), 3(2), 6(1)
  • Muhammad Ali - 1(15), 2(9), NR(1)
  • Larry Holmes - 3(11), 4(6), 5(4), 9(1), 11(1), NR(2)
  • George Foreman - 3(1), 4(4), 5(5), 6(7), 7(1), 8(2), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(1)
  • Lennox Lewis - 1(1), 3(2), 4(3), 5(5), 6(3), 7(1), 8(2), 10(4), 11(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Johnson - 1(1), 3(4), 4(4), 5(3), 6(1), 8(3), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(2), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Rocky Marciano - 3(2), 4(1), 5(2), 6(3), 7(3), 8(5), 9(4), 10(1), 12(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Dempsey - 3(2), 4(4), 6(3), 7(2), 8(1), 9(2), 10(2), 11(4), 12(2), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Joe Frazier - 5(1), 6(3), 7(8), 8(3), 9(3), 10(1), 11(3), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Mike Tyson - 2(1), 4(1), 6(1), 7(5), 8(2), 9(2), 10(4), 11(3), 12(2), 13(1), NR(3)
  • Evander Holyfield - 4(1), 5(2), 6(1), 7(2), 8(5), 9(3), 10(4), 11(1), 12(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(1)
  • Sonny Liston - 5(1), 6(2), 7(2), 8(1), 9(3), 10(3), 11(2), 12(6), 13(1), 14(1), NR(3)
  • Gene Tunney - 5(1), 8(1), 11(2), 12(1), 13(3), 14(6), 15(1), NR(10)
  • Ezzard Charles - 10(1), 11(3), 12(1), 13(1), 14(2), 15(4), NR(13)
  • Sam Langford - 4(1), 7(1), 9(1), 13(1), 14(1), 15(2), NR(18)
  • Jim Jeffries - 2(1), 12(1), 13(4), 15(2), NR(17)
  • Harry Wills - 9(1), 12(2), 13(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(18)
  • Floyd Patterson - 10(1), 13(1), 14(3), 15(7), NR(13)
  • Jersey Joe Walcott - 12(3), 14(3), NR(19)
  • Riddick Bowe - 10(1), 13(2), 15(2), NR(20)
  • James J. Corbett - 5(1), NR(24)
  • MAX Schmeling - 9(1). 12(1), NR(23)
  • Vitali Klitschko - 8(1), 14(1), NR(23)
  • Ken Norton - 11(1), 14(2), NR(22)
  • John L. Sullivan - 11(1), 15(1), NR(23)
  • Michael Spinx - 10(1), NR(24)
  • James J. Braddock - 13(1), NR(24)
  • Wladimir Klitschko - 15(2), NR(23)
  • Peter Jackson - 14(1), NR(24)
  • Michael Moorer - 15(1), NR(24)
Nice to see Patterson getting some love

Poet
Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 AM #3
JAB5239 JAB5239 is online now
Dallas Cowboys
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Statesville, NC
Posts: 21,152
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Rep Power: 77
JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,679.56
Bank: 8,832,338,332,388,848,640.00
Total Points: 8,832,338,332,388,879,360.00
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
This is the new consensus ranking. This consensus consisted of 25 voters. Go here for the previous ranking. In case of a tie-breaker the fighter with the highest position votes is placed ahead.
  1. Joe Louis - 352 points
  2. Muhammad Ali - 351 points
  3. Larry Holmes - 241 points
  4. George Foreman - 239 points
  5. Lennox Lewis - 223 points
  6. Jack Johnson - 216 points
  7. Rocky Marciano - 202 points
  8. Jack Dempsey - 189 points
  9. Joe Frazier - 184 points
  10. Mike Tyson - 175 points
  11. Evander Holyfield - 152 points
  12. Sonny Liston - 135 points
  13. Gene Tunney - 59 points
  14. Ezzard Charles - 36 points
  15. Sam Langford - 35 points
  16. Jim Jeffries - 32 points
  17. Harry Wills - 24 points
  18. Floyd Patterson - 22 points
  19. Jersey Joe Walcott - 18 points
  20. Riddick Bowe - 14 points
  21. James J. Corbett - 11 points
  22. Max Schmelling - 11 points
  23. Vitali Klitschko - 10 points
  24. Ken Norton - 9 points
  25. John L. Sullivan - 6 points


Here is the way the votes tallied up. The voting position is first and the number of votes are in parenthesis. NR denotes Not Ranked.
  • Joe Louis - 1(8), 2(14), 3(2), 6(1)
  • Muhammad Ali - 1(15), 2(9), NR(1)
  • Larry Holmes - 3(11), 4(6), 5(4), 9(1), 11(1), NR(2)
  • George Foreman - 3(1), 4(4), 5(5), 6(7), 7(1), 8(2), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(1)
  • Lennox Lewis - 1(1), 3(2), 4(3), 5(5), 6(3), 7(1), 8(2), 10(4), 11(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Johnson - 1(1), 3(4), 4(4), 5(3), 6(1), 8(3), 9(2), 10(1), 11(1), 13(2), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Rocky Marciano - 3(2), 4(1), 5(2), 6(3), 7(3), 8(5), 9(4), 10(1), 12(2), 13(1), NR(1)
  • Jack Dempsey - 3(2), 4(4), 6(3), 7(2), 8(1), 9(2), 10(2), 11(4), 12(2), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Joe Frazier - 5(1), 6(3), 7(8), 8(3), 9(3), 10(1), 11(3), 13(1), 14(1), NR(1)
  • Mike Tyson - 2(1), 4(1), 6(1), 7(5), 8(2), 9(2), 10(4), 11(3), 12(2), 13(1), NR(3)
  • Evander Holyfield - 4(1), 5(2), 6(1), 7(2), 8(5), 9(3), 10(4), 11(1), 12(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(1)
  • Sonny Liston - 5(1), 6(2), 7(2), 8(1), 9(3), 10(3), 11(2), 12(6), 13(1), 14(1), NR(3)
  • Gene Tunney - 5(1), 8(1), 11(2), 12(1), 13(3), 14(6), 15(1), NR(10)
  • Ezzard Charles - 10(1), 11(3), 12(1), 13(1), 14(2), 15(4), NR(13)
  • Sam Langford - 4(1), 7(1), 9(1), 13(1), 14(1), 15(2), NR(18)
  • Jim Jeffries - 2(1), 12(1), 13(4), 15(2), NR(17)
  • Harry Wills - 9(1), 12(2), 13(2), 14(1), 15(1), NR(18)
  • Floyd Patterson - 10(1), 13(1), 14(3), 15(7), NR(13)
  • Jersey Joe Walcott - 12(3), 14(3), NR(19)
  • Riddick Bowe - 10(1), 13(2), 15(2), NR(20)
  • James J. Corbett - 5(1), NR(24)
  • MAX Schmeling - 9(1). 12(1), NR(23)
  • Vitali Klitschko - 8(1), 14(1), NR(23)
  • Ken Norton - 11(1), 14(2), NR(22)
  • John L. Sullivan - 11(1), 15(1), NR(23)
  • Michael Spinx - 10(1), NR(24)
  • James J. Braddock - 13(1), NR(24)
  • Wladimir Klitschko - 15(2), NR(23)
  • Peter Jackson - 14(1), NR(24)
  • Michael Moorer - 15(1), NR(24)
The time you put into this is appreciated. Thank you.
JAB5239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 AM #4
FreshPrince FreshPrince is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,995
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
FreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond reputeFreshPrince has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 182,579.86
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 182,579.86
Default

I was worried Holmes would be underrated, but he's up there at three where he belongs!
FreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:11 AM #5
LondonRingRules LondonRingRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas, never hear of Muleshoe?
Age: 67
Posts: 1,640
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,579.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 72,579.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
This is the new consensus ranking. This consensus consisted of 25 voters.
  • Joe Louis - 352 points
  • Muhammad Ali - 351 points
  • Larry Holmes - 241 points
  • George Foreman - 239 points
  • 5. Lennox Lewis - 223 points
  • Jack Johnson - 216 points
  • Rocky Marciano - 202 points
  • Jack Dempsey - 189 points
  • Joe Frazier - 184 points
  • 10. Mike Tyson - 175 points
  • Evander Holyfield - 152 points
  • Sonny Liston - 135 points
  • Gene Tunney - 59 points
  • Ezzard Charles - 36 points
  • 15. Sam Langford - 35 points
  • Jim Jeffries - 32 points
  • Harry Wills - 24 points
  • Floyd Patterson - 22 points
  • Jersey Joe Walcott - 18 points
  • 20. Riddick Bowe - 14 points
  • James J. Corbett - 11 points
  • Max Schmelling - 11 points
  • Vitali Klitschko - 10 points
  • Ken Norton - 9 points
  • John L. Sullivan - 6 points
** BS is relying upon your unimpeachable character as well as your unassailable competency.............

Props for all the work put in, no small task moving around names and numbers. Perhaps future polls can consist of pre formulated spreadsheet formats which are filled out and then updated automatically.

In the meantime, expect the usual suspects to blither on in the newest umpteenth thread about Big Pants Larry being underrated, yet providing no rating.

Here is the IBRO secret polling list to compare:

1. Joe Louis
Muhammad Ali
3. Jack Johnson
Jack Dempsey
5. Rocky Marciano
Larry Holmes
7. James J. Jeffries
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
11. Gene Tunney
Lennox Lewis
13. Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Sam Langford
Jersey Joe Walcott
17. Ezzard Charles
Harry Wills
19. James J. Corbett
Bob Fitzsimmons
Riddick Bowe
Max Schmeling
23. Joe Jeannette
Peter Jackson
25. John L. Sullivan
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 AM #6
Hawk O'Connor Hawk O'Connor is offline
Erin go Bragh
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 1,347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Hawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,632.13
Bank: 46,608.30
Total Points: 73,240.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
** BS is relying upon your unimpeachable character as well as your unassailable competency.............

Props for all the work put in, no small task moving around names and numbers. Perhaps future polls can consist of pre formulated spreadsheet formats which are filled out and then updated automatically.

In the meantime, expect the usual suspects to blither on in the newest umpteenth thread about Big Pants Larry being underrated, yet providing no rating.

Here is the IBRO secret polling list to compare:

1. Joe Louis
Muhammad Ali
3. Jack Johnson
Jack Dempsey
5. Rocky Marciano
Larry Holmes
7. James J. Jeffries
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Joe Frazier
11. Gene Tunney
Lennox Lewis
13. Mike Tyson
Evander Holyfield
Sam Langford
Jersey Joe Walcott
17. Ezzard Charles
Harry Wills
19. James J. Corbett
Bob Fitzsimmons
Riddick Bowe
Max Schmeling
23. Joe Jeannette
Peter Jackson
25. John L. Sullivan
what the fcuk is your problem? you're just a bitter old bastard who gets his jollies off by attacking people on a message board. if you don't like the results fine, but to imply anything else is ludicrous.
Hawk O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:24 AM #7
LondonRingRules LondonRingRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas, never hear of Muleshoe?
Age: 67
Posts: 1,640
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,579.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 72,579.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
what the fcuk is your problem?
** Apparently the thin skin and bad hair you woke up with on this luverly sunshiny morn.

No problems whatsoever with either the Ibro rankings or BS rankings. They are what they are.
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 AM #8
Hawk O'Connor Hawk O'Connor is offline
Erin go Bragh
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 1,347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Hawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,632.13
Bank: 46,608.30
Total Points: 73,240.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
** Apparently the thin skin and bad hair you woke up with on this luverly sunshiny morn.

No problems whatsoever with either the Ibro rankings or BS rankings. They are what they are.
Just because you don't have the knowledge or competence to make a list, other than the abomination you put forth, you go on the offensive and make some kind of accusations?

Tomorrow morning be sure and pop an extra prozac, and a couple of B12s, while you're drinking your prune juice because your anger disorder and senility are starting to show.
Hawk O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:56 PM #9
LondonRingRules LondonRingRules is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Republic of Texas, never hear of Muleshoe?
Age: 67
Posts: 1,640
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
LondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond reputeLondonRingRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 72,579.38
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 72,579.38
A new boxing encyclopedia for your collection. Not that you need it! - BattlingNelson 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Just because you don't have the knowledge or competence to make a list, other than the abomination you put forth, you go on the offensive and make some kind of accusations?

Tomorrow morning be sure and pop an extra prozac, and a couple of B12s, while you're drinking your prune juice because your anger disorder and senility are starting to show.
** My, my, I give you props and that's accusations eh?

Well, my young friend, time to get a grip. Prune juice in the AM much better for the disposition and constitution than the bile you keep heaving forth for reingestion.

At any rate I prefer a cold beer with my breakfast tacos.

Cheerio now............
LondonRingRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:00 PM #10
Hawk O'Connor Hawk O'Connor is offline
Erin go Bragh
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 43
Posts: 1,347
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Hawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 26,632.13
Bank: 46,608.30
Total Points: 73,240.43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
** My, my, I give you props and that's accusations eh?

Well, my young friend, time to get a grip. Prune juice in the AM much better for the disposition and constitution than the bile you keep heaving forth for reingestion.

At any rate I prefer a cold beer with my breakfast tacos.

Cheerio now............

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules
BS is relying upon your unimpeachable character as well as your unassailable competency............
this is props? excuse me if I mistook it for the customary LRR veiled sarcasm used as a roundabout personal attack.
Hawk O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
2009, all-time, boxingscene, consensus, heavyweight, rankings

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.