Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Verstyle
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,967,362,674,721.97
Total Points: 53,967,362,985,498.81
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS Froid Mayweather d1ck rider - Warrios another floyd cock 4 u - Risen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
vers,

u might wanna check out the Winning NG-2 gel knuckle guards, for use under wraps.

they provide an unbelievable amount of hand protection for the knuckles.

and they are noticeably heavy.

they are heavier than an entire 10 yards of gauze folded up for knuckle padding, but they are only .45 inches thick (less than half as thick as 10 yards of gauze folded)

i highly recommend them for extra protection, and also extra weight, as you wanted.

they are probably 2 ounces per guard

they are known to be used by juan manuel marquez, israel vazquez, fernando vargas, etc. in training. Mr. Kazumichi (Winning's USA distributor) told me that himself.
I appreciate it. That might be more handy because the talk about the super defense with the pillow gloves is not cool for me.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
boxingsmash69
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 boxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond reputeboxingsmash69 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 439,687.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
I appreciate it. That might be more handy because the talk about the super defense with the pillow gloves is not cool for me.
yeah, definitely. the super pillow defense with bigger gloves is probably not a good idea to get used to, especially for your peek-a-boo style. come fight night, your pillow sized gloves will not be there to protect you as well.

also, i edited my previous post, to add a picture of the guard, sitting next to folded gauze.

Last edited by boxingsmash69; 04-10-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Del Coqui
SAN JUAN

Rep Power: 23 Del Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 447,181,031.54
Total Points: 449,370,483.34
BORICUA!!!! - williamhvx1 a bet is a bet, gracias! - Perro have some San Miguel to our new superstar JML! - Papa Ace u da man!! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
WaR Cotto! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
No.haha. I just hit harder then what I weigh. I tend to still hurt ppl with 18oz gloves so I would like bigger ones.
I understand you got power, reason I ask is for smaller fighters is hard finding openings with those pillows on.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:20 AM
RightCross94
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.78
Total Points: 87,481.51
Quality poster - JAB5239 For The Little Gay Loser - Carnivore 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

man i wouldnt wear gloves that big, you will get an unrealistic idea of defence, you wont even have to try to block shots, when you fight again in 10 oz gloves (literally half the size) it will be waaaay different

if people complain you hit too hard in 16's, find some sparring partners who arent *****es or are much heavier than you so they wont complain
Old 04-11-2009, 07:21 AM
RightCross94
Banned

Rep Power: 0 RightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these partsRightCross94 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.78
Total Points: 87,481.51
Quality poster - JAB5239 For The Little Gay Loser - Carnivore 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
I think 20oz are too much, not because of the weight but because of the size i think they could affect your technique. I had to buy some 18 oz because some of the guys i spar with were complaning when i used my 16 oz to spar, and the 18 oz feel awkward and too big already, it feels like im punching people with pillows at the end of my fists. It would probably be worst with 20 oz.

It's good that you care about your sparring partners but you shouldn't handicap yourself for the sake of not hurting them, it's still boxing, if somebody can't deal with taking a hard punch, they shouldnt be boxing in the first place.
wtf??? thats really weird, i'd feel so wrong complaining to someone about them hitting me too hard, it'd make me feel like such a *****
Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 591,893,967,927.45
Total Points: 591,893,969,541.33
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVoldemort View Post
wtf??? thats really weird, i'd feel so wrong complaining to someone about them hitting me too hard, it'd make me feel like such a *****

Well, 2 of the guys i spar with kinda became friends, it's not like they made a big thing out of it. Still when i spar with them i don't try to take their head off on purpose but it can happen that i hurt or drop them.

When i spar guys from other gyms i don't care at all, but i got some good sparring partners that helped me a lot since i went back to boxing and i'd like to keep them sparring with me.