Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Eric Holder
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Eric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,227,066.31
Total Points: 200,002,430,809.59
Long overdue, my nigg - mangler jr CabronSnatcher - Ch@mpBox@PR Sr. one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jack D Ripper 
Exclamation Somali Pirates Hijack Ship With 20 Americans Onboard

An American-flagged container ship with a crew of 20 Americans aboard has been hijacked by pirates hundreds of miles off the coast of Somalia marking the first time that American seamen have been seized by pirates who infest the shipping lanes off the east coast of Africa.

The Danish shipping company Maersk confirmed the seizure of the Maersk Alabama, a 17,000 ton container ship that was formerly known as the Alva Maersk. The ship was seized while enroute to Mombasa, Kenya.

"Our initial concern is to ensure proper support of the crew and assistance to their families. At this point in time we do not have any further information," Maersk said in a statement.

Andrew Mwangura of the East African Seafarers' Assistance Program also confirmed the ship's seizure to ABC News and says the crew are reported to be "safe." Mwangura says it is the first time he can recall that American seamen have been seized off the pirate-infested Somali coastline.

Mwangura could not recall the last time Americans were captured by pirates. "Over 100 years ago," was his estimate.

"To take away an American ship is not easy," Mwangura said. "Maersk is a big company, with good security and good management. It's one of the companies with proper security training for seamen."

The U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, based in Bahrain said the ship was seized at 7:30 a.m. local time in the Indian Ocean, about 240 nautical miles east of the Somali town of Eyl. There was a U.S. Navy warship 300 nautical miles away when the Alabama was boarded, but the Navy is not discussing what operations its ships in the area might be undertaking in the wake of the attack.

A Defense Department official told ABC News that the U.S. destroyer Bainbridge was heading towards the location where the Alabama was captured. The official said the Bainbridge intends to get close enough to the container ship to be able to monitor the situation.

The Bainbridge is not expected to take any military action, the official said, because the shipping line has indicated it will handle the crisis through negotiations with the pirates and the Navy usually defers to the ship owners as to what course of action will be taken.

Roger Middleton, Somali piracy expert from the London-based think tank Chatham House, said the capture of American sailors "puts the stakes much higher and the U.S. will be watching them very closely."

For the pirates "this is not necessarily a bad thing as Americans are more valuable than say Fillippinos or even Brits. Their ransom demands will be commensurately higher, but it comes at a much higher risk."

Fifth Fleet heads an international naval task force to deter piracy off the coast of Somalia. The European Union and NATO also have naval task forces in the area to combat pirates. Just yesterday, they issued a new warning to mariners in the region about increased pirate activity.

Mwangura said the hijacking of the Maersk Alabama demonstrates the change in the pirates' tactics by attacking ships away from the Gulf of Aden to the Indian Ocean where most of the Navy task force is concentrated. The pirates are now hunting in the Indian Ocean east and south-east of the Somali and Kenyan coastline.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...7287055&page=1
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
RwK
Predator Hunts My Love

Rep Power: 16912 RwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond reputeRwK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 247,267,262.91
Total Points: 6,878,674,097.56
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest thanks bro,good man. - BoZz Bribery for you to not kill me - led 
cheers friendo - Mike Tyson77 Super, man! :) - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy Bribing you with this, so if there is ever a riot and we are in the same place, you will let me hide behind you :D - Bossy G - rorymac 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey 

Ya I have a feeling they're going to go slaughterhouse on them.

the hostages.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Rich Loc
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Rich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond reputeRich Loc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,112,594.70
Thanks man. - Silencers 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Horus 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunW/Knives View Post

the hostages.
No they won’t. It would serve no real purpose. Keep hostage and get a handsome ransom. Most of these ships are illegally in Somali water. German and French ships are known to drop hazardous nuclear waste and illegally fishing is conducted there.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Eric Holder
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Eric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,227,066.31
Total Points: 200,002,430,809.59
Long overdue, my nigg - mangler jr CabronSnatcher - Ch@mpBox@PR Sr. one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jack D Ripper 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunW/Knives View Post

the hostages.
that'd be pretty fuked up
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
fight_professor
Figured the joke out!

Rep Power: 21 fight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond reputefight_professor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,972,374,278,303.56
Total Points: 7,973,296,585,624.24
Happy 4K :wave: - Bossy :wave: - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Bossy No Message - Bossy 
Over 5000. - TartanSoldier Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* some gifts for you. they're all out of the good ones right now. - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA happy birthday - jose830 To many more. - Sweet Pea 50 6000 post! - jose830 
Happy 6K! - Oasis_Lad Six..............Thousand! - Barnburner 7000 post :fing02: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - ??? Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - RossCA Autism - RossCA 

The pirates have huge balls though. The whole world is gunning for them in those waters, yet they are so brazen.

Hope the crew are ok. Just pay the ransom.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Bendigo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Bendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond reputeBendigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 363,813.89
Total Points: 403,611.72
thanks for those 2 posts in the 100+ replies thread...they were crucial haha...cheers - D E M Dz A Always got space for my fish, when it comes to you, Bendigo. - 917-30 Super poster. - Hard Dick thanks man... - DA1CATAS A good luck charm!  Feel better man!!! - ABOSWORTH 
Hmmm fish. - Hard Dick fishy fishy. - Hard Dick here i forgot about the fish lol - D E M Dz A Margarita - Joshua Clottey more fishes - Hard Dick 
For wanting to two piece Big Bird....LMAAAOOOOO - Sweet Pea 50 Holyfield's Motivation.  lol - ABOSWORTH For being a good player in the 250k giveaway - Welter_Skelter Top Dawg!! - Welter_Skelter cheers man - Makavelli 
Supa..........Supa.........Supa.........posta!! - ABOSWORTH Thanks for keeping your word, heres a little gift! - Breakbeat here's a banana for ya! - Breakbeat thanks for the donation ... - -Boxzilla- You are on fire today....LMAOOO - Sweet Pea 50 

Here's a joke:

What did the pirate get on his test?

Semen.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 116 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,882,175,900,664.23
Total Points: 6,882,176,005,538.81
one for the road bro - led Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ 
Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer 
One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... 
i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

I just saw on the news the Americans have taken back control of the ship.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:35 PM
th4l3pr3ch4un
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 th4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,353,556.64
Total Points: 37,531,645.22
Fuck Boston! - MizzzouMan You handled yourself admirably my friend!  I'm sorry you had to go through that but it will just make you stronger! - ABOSWORTH Thanks, man! - Bendigo 
Send a message via AIM to th4l3pr3ch4un

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
I just saw on the news the Americans have taken back control of the ship.
Just watched that too, haha damnnnnn thats how we do it in the US
Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 207 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,312,207,285,623.62
Total Points: 13,312,229,199,337.04
10,000 mind blowing posts - Don PWNleone I love you. - Bendigo A drink to Richard Dunne - The most prolific centre back in  the history of the Premier League. - Monty Panesar Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou 
Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze 
squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab 
...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki 

The headline on CNN was "PIRATES HIJACK SHIP". Really? No fucking ****! In breaking news car thief steals car.

Aside from dancing a fucking hornpipe, drinking rum and saying "YAAARRR!", hijacking ships is what pirates do.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,188,622,643.51
Total Points: 34,632,938,706.39
No Message - texanballer For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler 
happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe 
For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

why have we been hearing more and more about pirates as of recently?