UFC President Raises Ire With Blog, Apologizes - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 04-03-2009, 06:10 AM #1
Ya Dun Know

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17.48
Total Points: 1,386,256,814.73
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ▀reakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 
Default UFC President Raises Ire With Blog, Apologizes

UFC PRESIDENT RAISES IRE WITH BLOG, APOLOGIZES

Quote:
Just one day after it ricocheted around the Internet, a video blog posted by UFC Dana White has raised the ire of several media outlets and one media watchdog group.

The controversy erupted over White’s comments involving Sherdog.com news editor Loretta Hunt, in which he used profanity and derogatory language while addressing a report Hunt authored on the UFC’s credentialing process in regards to fighters' managers.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, or GLAAD, wrote a piece asking White to apologize for his comments, namely using a slang term for homosexuals.

The UFC later pulled the video from its YouTube account.

On Thursday, GLAAD spokesman Ted Rybka confirmed to ESPN.com that White would make a new video apologizing for his comments.

In a text message sent to Yahoo! Sports reporter Kevin Iole the same day, White commented on the situation via text message, stating, “that was my side. No secrets.”

Several mainstream news websites have picked up on the story, including USAToday.com, SI.com, ESPN.com, and Yahoo! Sports.com

White’s new video was released late Thursday night, where he addressed the controversy.

“I chose some words that offended and hurt some people,” he said. “Anybody who knows me knows that I would never, ever maliciously attack somebody who wasn’t attacking me, and as far as the gay and lesbian community, my comments were not directed towards them.

“I have no problem with the gay and lesbian community; I’m actually a supporter of many of their issues. The last thing that I would ever want anybody to think about me or think is cool is to go out and attack somebody because of their sexual orientation. That was not my intention, that’s not the way I said it, and I apologize for anybody that I offended or hurt.”

DANA WHITE'S VIDEO APOLOGY

Last edited by jakkups; 04-03-2009 at 08:11 AM.
jakkups is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 AM #2
Erin go Bragh

Hawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond reputeHawk O'Connor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,608.30
Total Points: 73,249.43

Dana White is a complete ****ing moron...he buys into his own hype way too much.
Hawk O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 AM #3
Interim Champion

mmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond reputemmaphilippines has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 204,756.27

The Fertitas will have to make a decision.
mmaphilippines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 AM #4
Ya Dun Know

jakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond reputejakkups has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17.48
Total Points: 1,386,256,814.73
Cheers to Tori Black!!!  Holly shit she is hot!!! - ABOSWORTH One day me and you will get into a brawl with those fools at the local pisser! - Move BRICKS thanks for all da fight hookups ... - -Boxzilla- thx again 4 all da fight hookups ........ - -Boxzilla- you're a great asset to the site , thanks for all the uploads! - shobox 
Thanks for the uploads, cheers! - Left2body great job posting fights - DonTaseMeBrah Apple - ▀reakbeat Crackin out the good shit for the best uploader there is! - The Surgeon 

jakkups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM #5
Banned

Adolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond reputeAdolf has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,530.81

Here is the video. It was removed but somebody has put it back up

Adolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:40 PM #6
Crazy Diamond

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
SonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 185,239,349.16
Total Points: 2,190,348,896.88
I can't give out more K, so here's a beer ! - KESSLER A sweet Gift my man. - Hard Dick Thanks for the green - TheGoldenSnake Cheers - woftam Shine on you crazy diamond. - Jambo Boy 
So you can fuck your gay racist ass. - mickey gomez Enjoy bud! Happy Holidays!!! - mishka80 4 Being the Orignal Founder of the Green spread Karma Thread! - The Gully Gad I got you a present - ??? For when the G-Men eventually lose. - jack_the_rippuh 
all i can do - BAD-BOY Cool cat, ambassador of green K - mangler A drink for the man - mangler Good/great elder members need more gifts! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

He shouldn't have apologized. **** the pc police...
SonnyG8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:03 AM #7
MMA FAN

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
American_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeAmerican_Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 219,769,332.16
Total Points: 219,884,062.30
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? 
Send a message via Yahoo to American_Ninja

That ***** got what she deserved......
American_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:17 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Cadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond reputeCadillac Man has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,908.20

White is LOW-RENT PERIOD. He makes himself and his organiztion look that way 2!
Cadillac Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
apologizes, blog, president, raises

User Tag List