No announcement yet.

Povetkin can take Wlad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin can take Wlad.

I think if Povetkin had a nice trainer, that taught him some head movement, like mayweather, he would beat Wlad.

You do know that Ibragimov(who is a more talented fighter then Povetkin) was trained by Mayweather, and it did not help him much?

Comment

Yes, but Povetkin is a move forward fight, unlike the counter puncher in Sultan.

Comment

He's too small I'd think. But aside for highlights I haven't seen him fight just highlights. But he seems like he likes it on the inside? could be something a bit different for Wlad to cope with.

Very interested to see him on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
          Yes, but Povetkin is a move forward fight, unlike the counter puncher in Sultan.
          Sultan was very offensively oriented fighter before he started with Mayweather, who, incidentally, trained him for the Briggs fight as well.

He was very good at pressuring fighters to throw and then counter them, which is a much more complex tactic then anything povetkin so far produced, he is faster, and likely is a bigger puncher.

Comment

Man, i'd love to see Dimitrenko get a stab at Povetkin. 'Sascha' would beat him IMO.

Comment

i think Povetkin would get knocked out by Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                Sultan was very offensively oriented fighter before he started with Mayweather, who, incidentally, trained him for the Briggs fight as well.

He was very good at pressuring fighters to throw and then counter them, which is a much more complex tactic then anything povetkin so far produced, he is faster, and likely is a bigger puncher.
                true, he was very exciting before when he fought in his amateur days style, mayweather ****ing ruined him, that happens alot kostya having a western trainer was negative for him overall

i hope guys like boytsov, povetkin, dimitrenko, korobov, shumenov, golovkin stick with their own trainers

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  You do know that Ibragimov(who is a more talented fighter then Povetkin) was trained by Mayweather, and it did not help him much?
                  Ibragimov more talented than Povetkin, uh, wow can't believe I just read that.

Comment

Originally posted by HeartAttack View Post
                    Ibragimov more talented than Povetkin, uh, wow can't believe I just read that.
                    Watch him in his earlier fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X