Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm super happy they're putting cigarette prices higher!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    why are they taxing cigarettes more?
    Because it is an inelastic good, meaning that it's gonna be in the same amount of demand regardless of the price. Necessary foods and addictive substances like alcohol and cigs are always price jacked because people NEED them (interesting philosophical dilemma when you think about need vs. addiction and how they are classed together with inelastic goods) and will continue buying them at the same rate.

Comment

hahaha people aint gonna quit man. When i smoked i rarely did i bought 4 packs in 1 year. But when ur drunk and u smoke one it feels pretty damn relaxing. My boys still smoke and they aint gonna stop for 1 dollar im just glad i dont

Comment

I think they should do the one of the sodas, possibly even fast food. That one they call the "fat" tax.

Comment

Come to the Far East where there are no penalty taxes so they're dirt cheap

Comment

why are they taxing cigarettes more?
            I am almost certain I read the money gained will go to healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
              See how much some of them will be in need for them when they have to pay a little more.

they're raising the prices like a dollar more......whoever smokes now, and will stop b/c they raised the prices one whole dollar, really should've quit a long time ago......

this does nothing but go to big government.....they SAY healthcare, but we'll see.

first gas, now cigarettes........what's next?

soon mu****as gon be payin'a special tax just for waking up in the morning.......

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                Because it is an inelastic good, meaning that it's gonna be in the same amount of demand regardless of the price. Necessary foods and addictive substances like alcohol and cigs are always price jacked because people NEED them (interesting philosophical dilemma when you think about need vs. addiction and how they are classed together with inelastic goods) and will continue buying them at the same rate.
                I was going to say that's some bull**** until....

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                I am almost certain I read the money gained will go to healthcare.
                I read this ^^^ that's fine by me.

Comment

I was going to say that's some bull**** until....

I read this ^^^ that's fine by me.
                  you gotta be crazy if you think this is really going towards healthcare....

this is the first step towards paying for all those bailouts....

next, they'll tax alcohol, then it'll be some other ****, and noone will care cuz we're talking about smokers and drinkers here....

we'll go through a few of these "special" taxes, then it'll make its way towards your paycheck.

i voted for obama, by the way.

Comment

Yea This is going to be good, im tired of seeing all these low lifes trying to use cigarettes as stress relief for thier ****ty lifes

Comment

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
                      I think they should do the one of the sodas, possibly even fast food. That one they call the "fat" tax.
                      Half the US would be lining up on bridges.

Comment

Working...
                      X