Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Spacey1991
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 Spacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacey1991 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,466,796,971,085.54
Total Points: 1,485,902,902,261.61
Good poster, always giving an honest opinion, and not getting bent out of shape. - J. HITTER all money may fans should have some..lol - larryx Great poster and super nice dude. - S a m u r a i right back at ya space! - Makavelli cheers buddy - Makavelli 
It's all good homey. Here have a snack - mangler A treat for a cool kid - mangler I support underage drinkin homey - mangler Ice Cold - BoxingChaos real cool dude - mangler jr 
Cheers, to your b-day homey - mangler Have a tuna melt homey - mangler A Slushy for my buddy Spacey - Kevin Jesus U got heart Spacey.. great poster! - jazluvr449 lucky charm foo - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Perro Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BoxingChaos AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus ra View Post
someone reply please
A lot better than the one you had to start with nice one! Keep working hard and dedicating yourself and you will get there mate don't worry!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Markeetah
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 779.94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSwifty View Post
Yep I can just see it -
MOM - where da hell is Bobby Ray (=horus ra)?
STEPDAD - shut up ***** and git me a beer
COUSIN MARY JANE - Hez in the garage wacking on the punching bag
STEPDAD - wackin the gherkin more likely... HEY (shouting) Bobby Ray You steal my October edition of 1973 Hustler mag??
BOBBY RAY - I aint got ya mag, I bes a workin out!
MOM - Dont you going playing with ya dads bebe gun
BOBBY RAY - he aint me dad, hes my stepdad
STEPDAD - you got no idea who ya dad is do ya?
MOM - I aint gettin ya no more beer! arsehole!
BOBBY RAY - Ima trying to convert it to a real gun, howz come other kids get to have a real gun? how can we defend ourselves when the UN and the black helicopters come to lock us up?
STEPDAD - they wont be comin to pick us up they will take us out. just like they did to my buddy david koresh......

GRANMA - WHere the f....k is my walker!!!
Hilarious, I bet not far off the truth
Old 03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
mariusfeneru
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mariusfeneru is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 2,566.24

Boxers, and athletes in general, have specific nutritional requirements. In order to become the best boxer around and reach your maximum potential, you have to be able to control what you eat. As a boxer, or any person really, you need to know:

* How many calories your body requires daily just to survive.
* How many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
* How many calories you need to eat to add muscle.
* Of those calories you eat, what is the makeup of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and other vitamins you need to optimally fuel your body.
* How many calories you are actually burning on any given day taking into account your activities in addition to your basic metabolic rate?

Be very aware that I am not prescribing a diet here. As far as I'm concerned, all diets tend to rob you of some essential nutrient whether it be carbohydrates (low-carb diets), proteins, or fat. Yes, you actually need fat in your diet.

What diets do tend to do is make you aware of what you are eating. It is so easy to just eat when you are hungry and even easier to grab the easiest thing around and that is probably some kind of junk food or fast food. Is your cupboard full of chips, snacks, and other crap? If so, guess what you are eating.
A fit body
You have to change your mindset if you want to be a better boxer. It requires self discipline and a strong desire to achieve your optimal level of fitness. Sure, food can be made to taste good. Even healthy food can taste great, but you have to remember that food is fuel. Whether it tastes good or not, you are eating it for a reason. You are eating it so your body can extract the nutrients and vitamins it needs to build more muscle, make you stronger, and make you faster.

Basically it comes down to choice. You either choose to eat right or you don't. There are varying degrees of bad eating, but quite frankly, you choose everytime instant approval credit card bad credityou put something in your mouth. Make a conscious decision right now to analyze everything you eat. If it isn't doing you any good, why in the hell would you eat it? And if "because it tastes good" is your answer, then check your priorities.

Being able to alter your body at will is a power only few can master, but everyone has the potential to do. Once you can add muscle or shed unwanted fat whenever you decide to, you will realize there really isn't anything in life you can not do.

Unfit Boxer Being aware of what you are eating is essential if you want to create changes or have your body perform at its optimum level. If you're reading this hoping to lose some weight, you have to realize that you cannot lose weight if youcheap remortgages
are eating more calories than you are burning. If you're reading this as a boxer looking to improve your stamina, endurance, strength and energy levels in the ring, you have to realize that everything that goes into your body is either going to help in that goal or hinder it.

You can blame your current state on genetics, your environment, lack of time, lack of money or whatever you want, but in the end those of you who decide that they can actually control what they eat and how they spend their time are the ones who are going to excel and realize their dreams one day. The rest of you might as well go watch TV.

I'm going to take you step by step through the process of learning what to eat and how much. In the end I'll even show you how to get some meal plans you can try for yourself. You can skip straight to them if you want, but I would hope you will actually take the time to learn why you are eating what I am suggesting so you can eventually make your own templates and suggest your own recipes to post on the site for others to use
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 PM
potatos
Up and Comer

Total Points: 7,191.45

Give me back my stroller you sob! I could still whup your ass
Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Horus ra
Undisputed VIP

Rep Power: 6 Horus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,363.72
Lightbulb

LOL
Old 03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Horus ra
Undisputed VIP

Rep Power: 6 Horus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond reputeHorus ra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,363.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusfeneru View Post
Boxers, and athletes in general, have specific nutritional requirements. In order to become the best boxer around and reach your maximum potential, you have to be able to control what you eat. As a boxer, or any person really, you need to know:

* How many calories your body requires daily just to survive.
* How many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
* How many calories you need to eat to add muscle.
* Of those calories you eat, what is the makeup of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and other vitamins you need to optimally fuel your body.
* How many calories you are actually burning on any given day taking into account your activities in addition to your basic metabolic rate?

Be very aware that I am not prescribing a diet here. As far as I'm concerned, all diets tend to rob you of some essential nutrient whether it be carbohydrates (low-carb diets), proteins, or fat. Yes, you actually need fat in your diet.

What diets do tend to do is make you aware of what you are eating. It is so easy to just eat when you are hungry and even easier to grab the easiest thing around and that is probably some kind of junk food or fast food. Is your cupboard full of chips, snacks, and other crap? If so, guess what you are eating.
A fit body
You have to change your mindset if you want to be a better boxer. It requires self discipline and a strong desire to achieve your optimal level of fitness. Sure, food can be made to taste good. Even healthy food can taste great, but you have to remember that food is fuel. Whether it tastes good or not, you are eating it for a reason. You are eating it so your body can extract the nutrients and vitamins it needs to build more muscle, make you stronger, and make you faster.

Basically it comes down to choice. You either choose to eat right or you don't. There are varying degrees of bad eating, but quite frankly, you choose everytime instant approval credit card bad credityou put something in your mouth. Make a conscious decision right now to analyze everything you eat. If it isn't doing you any good, why in the hell would you eat it? And if "because it tastes good" is your answer, then check your priorities.

Being able to alter your body at will is a power only few can master, but everyone has the potential to do. Once you can add muscle or shed unwanted fat whenever you decide to, you will realize there really isn't anything in life you can not do.

Unfit Boxer Being aware of what you are eating is essential if you want to create changes or have your body perform at its optimum level. If you're reading this hoping to lose some weight, you have to realize that you cannot lose weight if youcheap remortgages
are eating more calories than you are burning. If you're reading this as a boxer looking to improve your stamina, endurance, strength and energy levels in the ring, you have to realize that everything that goes into your body is either going to help in that goal or hinder it.

You can blame your current state on genetics, your environment, lack of time, lack of money or whatever you want, but in the end those of you who decide that they can actually control what they eat and how they spend their time are the ones who are going to excel and realize their dreams one day. The rest of you might as well go watch TV.

I'm going to take you step by step through the process of learning what to eat and how much. In the end I'll even show you how to get some meal plans you can try for yourself. You can skip straight to them if you want, but I would hope you will actually take the time to learn why you are eating what I am suggesting so you can eventually make your own templates and suggest your own recipes to post on the site for others to use
thanks for the great advice but I already know all of that (member of bodybuilding.com for 7 years)