Need help Cutting weight - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-19-2004, 01:24 PM
jeffstrickland
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 jeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,102.00
Default Need help Cutting weight

I am trying to cut about 15 lbs in a month, without sacrificing strength. I an 250, and have some fat, so I can lose it, with no real problem. I am just worried about the time frame.

Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-19-2004, 02:31 PM
wondermut
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 wondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 69,097.00

I would stick to a high protein low carb diet, drink tons of water and do at least 45mins a day of intense cardio till 1 week before the event. This will keep you hydrated and also get you in great shape.

You should be within 5 lbs easily if you do it that way and 5 lbs of water comes off easily if you have been hydrating the whole time.

Throw on a sauna suit and go for a run the day before the event and cut the water if need be. But i bet if you stick withthe diet and exercise you will make weight easily.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Kempo Chris
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 337,298.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris

egg whites
Old 03-19-2004, 06:35 PM
DOGGx0

Rep Power: 35 DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 729,387.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

i dont know if i would cut out carbs if your cutting weight coz you're gonna need that energy for training and whatever the competition is your up against. i would agree to go with a low-carb diet, but not so low that you drain your energy. protien is good to replenish your muscles from intense workouts. cardio cardio cardio. cant stress that enough.

you should be intaking about 2000-2200 calories a day, and trying to keep your carbs and protien at a steady level (ie. protien intake: 200 g; carb intake: 200g). You'll notice that almost everything you eat has almost double the carbs than what the protien amount will be. i think thats what wondermut means by a low-carb diet, coz you're cutting out the majority that you always get, but you dont want to rule them out due to lack of energy. aslo watch out for fatty foods in general. read the labels on everything you eat, dont be shy.

i suggest eating tuna (w/o mayo), b/s chiken, and like mut said, lots of water for hydration.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:18 AM
jeffstrickland
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 jeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond reputejeffstrickland has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys!! I appreciate the input. I will be competing at Smackdown in H-Town on the 17th of April. If you are in the area, come by and say Hi!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:39 AM
DOGGx0

Rep Power: 35 DOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond reputeDOGGx0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,414.58
Total Points: 729,387.90
Send a message via AIM to DOGGx0 Send a message via MSN to DOGGx0

most definately. and H-Town is where.......... ?
Old 03-23-2004, 10:24 AM
jeffstrickland
Amateur

Houston, it is actually in kingsville, which is just on the north side of houston.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List