Boxing Equipment. - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Reply
Thread Navigation

#1
Old 11-12-2004, 07:29 AM
elveiel
A.K.A - evil -
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,588
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6104 elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 178,777.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 178,777.00
Default Boxing Equipment.

What your favourite training equipment?

One of my Favourite punch bags is this.



If allows you to land good uppercuts and hooks on the correct angles. Its heavy too, so you it good for improving power.

You can buy it at www.titlefitness.com

Does anyone want to recommend a type of punch bag, bag gloves or anything else that you find useful?
Reply With Quote
elveiel is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#2
Old 11-12-2004, 08:41 AM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 6,235
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,179,191.36
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,206,849.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elveiel
What your favourite training equipment?

One of my Favourite punch bags is this.



If allows you to land good uppercuts and hooks on the correct angles. Its heavy too, so you it good for improving power.

You can buy it at www.titlefitness.com

Does anyone want to recommend a type of punch bag, bag gloves or anything else that you find useful?

Double end bag is my favorite, I just love rocking it and smacking it backwards and coming back and landing a crisp accurate punch. I love it.


I usually get all my stuff from http://www.ringside.com


I've got an everlast gyro-balanced speed bag

Everlast canvas heavy bag, I like the canvas better it seems to absorb your punches better and is a lot tougher but It doesnt really matter, just personal preferance.

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...tem=7&mitem=27


I've got those they are 12oz which isnt really heavy but heavier then most.


http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...em=14&mitem=27


If you are tight on a budget those wouldnt bad...The only thing I hate about synthetic leather is that the lining busts easy...Wear and tear comes easy on those types of gloves so you might want to choose leather......

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...item=1&mitem=2


I had ordered that and havent received it yet, but I seen a guy using it on a video and it looked like it would be worth a try for the money as it would help accuracy....

I have one of these, I will wear these when I do my ab exercises.

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...em=10&mitem=14

This is also a slick alternative as you can add as much as weight as you like...Very crafty and really helps the neck (which is needed) obviously since you wont snap your neck back....

http://store.yahoo.com/titleboxing/neckdeveloper.html


Also a weighted jump rope is fun.


Reply With Quote
spinksjinx is offline
#3
Old 11-12-2004, 10:00 AM
leff
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: oslo
Age: 29
Posts: 5,571
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 45 leff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond reputeleff has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,089,267.86
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,089,267.86
Send a message via MSN to leff
Default

A big bag filled with sand.
Reply With Quote
leff is offline
#4
Old 11-14-2004, 12:44 PM
elveiel
A.K.A - evil -
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,588
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6104 elveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond reputeelveiel has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 178,777.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 178,777.00
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx
Double end bag is my favorite, I just love rocking it and smacking it backwards and coming back and landing a crisp accurate punch. I love it.


I usually get all my stuff from http://www.ringside.com


I've got an everlast gyro-balanced speed bag

Everlast canvas heavy bag, I like the canvas better it seems to absorb your punches better and is a lot tougher but It doesnt really matter, just personal preferance.

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...tem=7&mitem=27


I've got those they are 12oz which isnt really heavy but heavier then most.


http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...em=14&mitem=27


If you are tight on a budget those wouldnt bad...The only thing I hate about synthetic leather is that the lining busts easy...Wear and tear comes easy on those types of gloves so you might want to choose leather......

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...item=1&mitem=2


I had ordered that and havent received it yet, but I seen a guy using it on a video and it looked like it would be worth a try for the money as it would help accuracy....

I have one of these, I will wear these when I do my ab exercises.

http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...em=10&mitem=14

This is also a slick alternative as you can add as much as weight as you like...Very crafty and really helps the neck (which is needed) obviously since you wont snap your neck back....

http://store.yahoo.com/titleboxing/neckdeveloper.html


Also a weighted jump rope is fun.


I think i need a weighted jump rope, i used a thick old wire for a while which was good, but i looked like i couldnt afford a decent one at the gym

I use the Superbag gloves, they are heavy!! I bought my girl some junior gloves, i couldnt fit my hands in, so i bought myself some mediums but they are massive!!
Reply With Quote
elveiel is offline
#5
Old 11-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Binks
Amateur
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bronx, New York
Age: 27
Posts: 11
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Binks is on a distinguished road
Points: 12,762.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,762.00
Send a message via AIM to Binks
Default

I was looking for a heavybag 2 buy, but i cant hang 1 in my house so i was wondering if u guys think this 1 would be good...http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...m=41&mitem=136
Reply With Quote
Binks is offline
#6
Old 11-14-2004, 10:13 PM
spinksjinx
Promiscuous Protestah
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 6,235
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1572 spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 20,179,191.36
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,206,849.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binks
I was looking for a heavybag 2 buy, but i cant hang 1 in my house so i was wondering if u guys think this 1 would be good...http://www.ringside.com/store/prodin...m=41&mitem=136


I dont like them, It gets in the way w/ my movement....


Id go look at something along the lines of this

http://shop.everlastboxing.com/everl...bag-stand.html
Reply With Quote
spinksjinx is offline
#7
Old 11-28-2004, 12:00 AM
paulmmv
The Warrior King
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 31
Posts: 611
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 paulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond reputepaulmmv has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 43,171.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 43,171.55
Default

i like the punching bag that is shaped like a human witch you can get from dicks sporting goods the rason i like this bag so much is because it feels like a real human when you hit it
Reply With Quote
paulmmv is offline
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Cookie Policy - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2016 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.