Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,142,683.48
Default What to do? Being forced to box...

Well basically what do you do? Supposedly you got "potential" to be a real good boxer and now all your friends and.. everyone who know you want you to box because of it?

Basically one of my friends whos one of my best friends wants me to get back into boxing, so behind my back he goes to all major gyms and coachs asking them to accept me, and they say yes we'll see what he can do. This is putting pressure on me as if I say "no" then he'll feel like I betrayed him.. and all my friends will hate me for saying no as they'll feel I ****ed him about...

but realistically, my heart is not in the sport anymore... I'll always enjoy being a spectator but my heart is in night clubs and partying... but all my friends because I got potential seemingly try to force me (sometimes bully me) into getting back down the gym, saying because I lost my last fight I got no heart anymore and blabla...

but what do you do? anyone else feel this way? what did you do?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM
pyrovampx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 pyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,634.64
Total Points: 175,912.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriachim View Post
Well basically what do you do? Supposedly you got "potential" to be a real good boxer and now all your friends and.. everyone who know you want you to box because of it?

Basically one of my friends whos one of my best friends wants me to get back into boxing, so behind my back he goes to all major gyms and coachs asking them to accept me, and they say yes we'll see what he can do. This is putting pressure on me as if I say "no" then he'll feel like I betrayed him.. and all my friends will hate me for saying no as they'll feel I ****ed him about...

but realistically, my heart is not in the sport anymore... I'll always enjoy being a spectator but my heart is in night clubs and partying... but all my friends because I got potential seemingly try to force me (sometimes bully me) into getting back down the gym, saying because I lost my last fight I got no heart anymore and blabla...

but what do you do? anyone else feel this way? what did you do?
well mr potential you never told us why they think you have potential?
what's your record tell us that and then we'll tell you if you have potential.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
austinlarg
Contender

Rep Power: 6 austinlarg will become famous soon enoughaustinlarg will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 20,538.89

If theres a whole bunch of people telling you to get back into it, don't you think they may have a point? Maybe you DO have a lot of potential. Just try it. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM
joe90210
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 joe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond reputejoe90210 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,097,830,339.78
Total Points: 1,097,852,824.44

sounds like you're a *****

"my heart is in night clubs and partying"
lol who says **** like that?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 165,591.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

you'll regret giving up boxing for all the nightclubs and **** when you're in your 30's, you're fat, the partying is getting old, all your friends have come and gone and you're stuck in some **** house job or no job at all

stick with the boxing, if you do have potential and work hard you can go to more interesting places than nightclubs
Old 02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 58,002.11

WTF do YOU want to do? thats all that matters, you need to learn to fk what others think and do what you wanna do if you want to make it anywhere in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
you'll regret giving up boxing for all the nightclubs and **** when you're in your 30's, you're fat, the partying is getting old, all your friends have come and gone and you're stuck in some **** house job or no job at all

stick with the boxing, if you do have potential and work hard you can go to more interesting places than nightclubs
Can relate to that lol but in my case decided to sell up go overseas , learn a new language and start a backpacker hostel. Pissed alot of opportunity up the wall, but anyway at least now not fat, not stuck in a **** job with some cnt boss, gave up cigs and booze and boxing training again. Hey but If I listened to others I wouldn´t be here.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 165,591.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trrmo View Post
WTF do YOU want to do? thats all that matters, you need to learn to fk what others think and do what you wanna do if you want to make it anywhere in life.

Can relate to that lol but in my case decided to sell up go overseas , learn a new language and start a backpacker hostel. Pissed alot of opportunity up the wall, but anyway at least now not fat, not stuck in a **** job with some cnt boss, gave up cigs and booze and boxing training again. Hey but If I listened to others I wouldn´t be here.
yeah but you did something productive with your life, learning a language, seeing a new country starting a business etc

i think this guy just wants to party "my heart is in nightclubs and partying" lol
Old 03-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,142,683.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
yeah but you did something productive with your life, learning a language, seeing a new country starting a business etc

i think this guy just wants to party "my heart is in nightclubs and partying" lol
Well not neccasary, I just want to enjoy my life and progess in my job in all honestly... All to your last post, I'll never go outside the amateurs.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 AM
THRILLA77
Banned

Rep Power: 0 THRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond reputeTHRILLA77 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,617.37
You need some food. Have a snack on me homey. - mangler Have a beer homey - mangler 

same exact story here man......
Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Puntoyhauf
In Honor of SAMURAI

Rep Power: 12 Puntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond reputePuntoyhauf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,950,366,950.90
Total Points: 2,950,487,573.90
For all the laughs and being a great guy. - S a m u r a i lol sweet avi, teh one with pac and morales always cracked me up - Orgasmatron To celebrate Manny's victory - S a m u r a i have a slice pizza - shahzadgers No Message - Mr._Pink 
You're still my idol! LOL. - S a m u r a i 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - S a m u r a i Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - S a m u r a i Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - S a m u r a i 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - S a m u r a i Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - S a m u r a i Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Autism - S a m u r a i 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S a m u r a i AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Hepatitis C - S a m u r a i Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - S a m u r a i 

if a had a chance to be in the gym to train and if i had the money to support my training i will fulfill my passion.

i only wish there's a boxing gym near from where i grew up. this sport is in my blood i just know it. too bad i ended up being in the motion capture industry.

if boxing is not in your heart don't do it. Fighter's that has heart in boxing loses it in a fight.. how much more a fighter with no heart to start with.

good luck to your partying...whatever makes you happy.

go spectate.