Sparring! - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 AM
LetsgetSAVAGE
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,499.80
Default Sparring!

Well, I have been sparring for the last couple days.......
AND!

Iv been banging then dudes out =]

Iv just thought to myself that I am going to get hit and now it doesnt really bother me all like that. my trainer is impressed. only problem Iv been having is when I slip/bob and weave after I get out the way of the first punch I turn my head and usually get caught coming back up. slipping punches is easy Iv been holding pads for a month+ and I just see the punches coming so I can just slip and counter but I just need to stop turning my head and Il be ok.

thanks guys for the advice!

my first fight is on march 15th
its the NY golden gloves trial

lol Im stoked
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Del Coqui
SAN JUAN

Rep Power: 26 Del Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond reputeDel Coqui has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 626,161,402.24
Total Points: 628,378,141.43
BORICUA!!!! - williamhvx1 a bet is a bet, gracias! - Perro have some San Miguel to our new superstar JML! - Papa Ace u da man!! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
WaR Cotto! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 War CoTTo! - Sox8055 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 

good luck! work on slipping a combo.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Landon S
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Landon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 29,442.05

Say they throw a job lean to the right. If you figure a cross or a hook is coming next you can just duck the next one, after that I usually pop out of range quickly because I have trouble dodging more than two and the duck lets you build up force to get out quickly. Instead of ducking you can also roll but I usually get hit with the third if its not blocked.

Best of luck in ny
Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 AM
g0tcha
Contender

Rep Power: 8 g0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud ofg0tcha has much to be proud of
Total Points: 61,335.39

good stuff. see what happens when you dont get discouraged and keep at it. keep training and maybe get a vid of your fight up here for us to watch .
Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 PM
heavy_right
Amateur

Total Points: 3,431.45

my trainer always tells me not to wait for the receipt, so if you throw a combo, dont stand around and wait for the counter, if you slip a combo dont wait for the stupid jab out or w.e to catch you lol, dont be afraid to move around a bit

Share This With Friends

Tags
sparring!

User Tag List