Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 284,146,152,452.82
Total Points: 284,591,700,227.99
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 
Default Ever have a bad training session?

Ever have a bad training session?

It happens to me once a every few months, and tonight it happened, i went to the gym as usual, warmed up, put my wraps on, did a bit of shadow boxing and and started by doing some mits with one of the trainers. My timing was off, i felt sloppy as **** and there was nothing i could do about it. Then i hit the bag for a few rounds and it was the same, my combinations didn't feel as fluid as usual and it was just meh.

Most of the time it lasts only a day, and training could have been going great for a week and then bam. I have noticed that it happens when i have too much stuff on my mind other that boxing.

So, do you guys ever have bad training days?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
peewee1460
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 peewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond reputepeewee1460 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,689,074.42
Total Points: 23,701,700.31

i had one today, my legs were shot to hell
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 PM
sugarshanenas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 sugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond reputesugarshanenas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214,411.19
Total Points: 1,286,640.62
Merry Christmas - msagrain Sugar Shane Mosley! - Dorian 

yea, same exact thing i felt sluggish as hell
i couldn't slip punches when i was doing mitts
Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
dfwtx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond reputedfwtx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,916.94
Total Points: 585,691.67

Yeah and days where my power is sapped too, very frustrating.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Fenom
No Ceilings

Rep Power: 11 Fenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,762,529.74
Total Points: 15,823,987.60
beer from tua for the cowboy. - Left Hook Tua 1K Posts! - T-97 1K posts! 3 beers in a row! Keep it up iBox!! - BatTheMan Congrats..Here's a bottle of some Grey Goose. LOL - Ray  Ray Aaaahhhhhh. Just what the doctor ordered. - BatTheMan 
Floyd Mayweather Jr - Dorian Thanks Bro....Tarver Milk Dud Sig in hilarious - Golden Boy 360 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

yea.. sometimes you dont feel like your all the way there... but once i get in the motions im pretty good

somedays its just hard to even begin to get into the motions
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 19 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 284,146,152,452.82
Total Points: 284,591,700,227.99
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Thanks guys, good to know i'm not the only one. Good thing it never happened on a sparring day...yet.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
estbn
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,217.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Ever have a bad training session?

It happens to me once a every few months, and tonight it happened, i went to the gym as usual, warmed up, put my wraps on, did a bit of shadow boxing and and started by doing some mits with one of the trainers. My timing was off, i felt sloppy as **** and there was nothing i could do about it. Then i hit the bag for a few rounds and it was the same, my combinations didn't feel as fluid as usual and it was just meh.

Most of the time it lasts only a day, and training could have been going great for a week and then bam. I have noticed that it happens when i have too much stuff on my mind other that boxing.

So, do you guys ever have bad training days?
Man, this is the main reason why i registered in this forum... i remember i asked the same question with my old account pblo_rl but because of my bad english i didn't express it good.

But that's really normal and i think it happens to everyone, and when it happens it's really really frustrating.

But, even Floyd Mayweather i remember he said that all boxers has bad days in training.