No announcement yet.

Cotto Jennings may not be shown in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Jennings may not be shown in UK

After months on hyping the Cotto v Jennings match Setanta have run into contractual issues with showing it and have temporarily pulled the plug on it while they re-negotiate a deal.

Apparently because Jennings is a Warren fighter, Warren has the UK rights to the fight. Frank recently left Setanta to sign an exclusive deal with Sky and it turns out Sky have took exception to Setanta broadcasting the fight.

Steve Bunce said a couple of weeks ago that the fight would definately be on Setanta, they only recently stopped advetising it and took it off their schedule on their website. So loads of people who have signed up to Setanta expecting to see the fight may be let down and now Setanta has been flooded with complaints.

What a shambles......

More details here
    www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/feb/19/michael-jennings-miguel-cotto-welterweight-fight

Comment

It wouldn;t suprise me if sky are some how trying to get the rights for the fight.

Comment

Only one word can describe this.

GAY

Comment

I don't give a **** who gets it as long as it's on UK TV.

Comment

This is what I hate about broadcasters, theyre so motivated by the viewing figures and money and not to forget that this situation is a ****-up of their own making and yet it will be us fans who have to suffer.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246974

looks like its on now.

Comment

great news.

Comment

Working...
                X