Heavy bag??? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 PM
D-Omonist
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 D-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,041,233,646,483,691,008.00
Total Points: 2,044,233,646,483,680,512.00
El Cuerpo Te La Pide! - Izrock For being a dude! - The Surgeon For the integrity you show in your posts - jazluvr449 WAR COTTO PUNETTTTAAAAAA!!!!! We POPPIN BOTTLESSS!!!! - .::EyEKoNiK::. A snack for the 14th!  Enjoy the fight! - jazluvr449 
Ya got heart, bro! - jazluvr for the man! - jazluvr for good luck with your new move! - jazluvr for a legend - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default Heavy bag???

This probably has been asked, but what type of heavy bag do you all recommend for someone that wants to be serious? Is 100lbs to much???
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM
SOY-COMO-SOY
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,200,217.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Omonist View Post
This probably has been asked, but what type of heavy bag do you all recommend for someone that wants to be serious? Is 100lbs to much???
Hell No i had a 70lbs and it moved way too much. Even though I was snapping my punches. Now i got a 100lb bag and I luv it.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,187,032,567,915.05
Total Points: 2,187,032,586,022.12
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Depends on your weight and how you punch, my first bag was a 100 pound bag and it was way to light for me, i sent it flying and the chain broke all the time.

When i first started going to the gym years ago they had mostly 150 pounds bags and that was better, so i decied to buy one for home, i was like 15 years old. It was ok for a year or two but as i grew and got stronger the 150 pounds bags started flying again, and i broke the chains a few times at the gym. Back then i was the only real big guy at the gym so decided to replace 2 of the old 150 pounds bags for some 200 pounds bag, they had them since then. And they were fine for me.

I dropped boxing and did mma for about 2 years, i went back to the gym last year and now they go 2 huge head hunter bags, i don't know how much they weight, i'd say 250 or so, and these are great.

At home i got myself a custom made heavybag which is about 250 pounds also, it's great, it moves around but not as much, so the chain hasn't broken yet and it has been about a year.

So it really depends on the person, if you are a pretty small guy you should be fine with 100-150, but otherwise get something bigger. If you "lift" the bag with every punch it's too light.

Also i personally like the feeling of punching into something heavy, really feels like it works my power too and not only my technique.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
D-Omonist
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14 D-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,041,233,646,483,691,008.00
Total Points: 2,044,233,646,483,680,512.00
El Cuerpo Te La Pide! - Izrock For being a dude! - The Surgeon For the integrity you show in your posts - jazluvr449 WAR COTTO PUNETTTTAAAAAA!!!!! We POPPIN BOTTLESSS!!!! - .::EyEKoNiK::. A snack for the 14th!  Enjoy the fight! - jazluvr449 
Ya got heart, bro! - jazluvr for the man! - jazluvr for good luck with your new move! - jazluvr for a legend - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
Depends on your weight and how you punch, my first bag was a 100 pound bag and it was way to light for me, i sent it flying and the chain broke all the time.

When i first started going to the gym years ago they had mostly 150 pounds bags and that was better, so i decied to buy one for home, i was like 15 years old. It was ok for a year or two but as i grew and got stronger the 150 pounds bags started flying again, and i broke the chains a few times at the gym. Back then i was the only real big guy at the gym so decided to replace 2 of the old 150 pounds bags for some 200 pounds bag, they had them since then. And they were fine for me.

I dropped boxing and did mma for about 2 years, i went back to the gym last year and now they go 2 huge head hunter bags, i don't know how much they weight, i'd say 250 or so, and these are great.

At home i got myself a custom made heavybag which is about 250 pounds also, it's great, it moves around but not as much, so the chain hasn't broken yet and it has been about a year.

So it really depends on the person, if you are a pretty small guy you should be fine with 100-150, but otherwise get something bigger. If you "lift" the bag with every punch it's too light.

Also i personally like the feeling of punching into something heavy, really feels like it works my power too and not only my technique.
Well my weight is 185 and I'm 5'9". I'm trying to get down to 154. I have looked everywhere here (in Puerto Rico) and can't find anything heavier than 100lbs. I guess I will have to look somewhere closer to the capital.

Share This With Friends

Tags
bag???, heavy

User Tag List