Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,075,336,285,612.73
Total Points: 15,075,340,587,608.14
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble & very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

That was a bull**** call by the ref, letting the fight go on I mean. What does he mean he didn't hear the bell? You cannot be saved by the bell in any round, Cintron didn't get up by the count of 10 so the fight should have effectively been over, if a fight is allowed to continue because of a fighter's temper tantrum, we'd have very little stoppages in this sport. First time I've seen a fighter get robbed twice in one fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-15-2009, 08:41 AM
ALT=_=Assassin
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 ALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeALT=_=Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,359.37
My apologies - let me purchase you a beer - danc1984 Love your posting bro. - BattlingNelson 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
That was a bull**** call by the ref, letting the fight go on I mean. What does he mean he didn't hear the bell? You cannot be saved by the bell in any round, Cintron didn't get up by the count of 10 so the fight should have effectively been over, if a fight is allowed to continue because of a fighter's temper tantrum, we'd have very little stoppages in this sport. First time I've seen a fighter get robbed twice in one fight.
The term "You have to knock him out to get a draw" really does apply here.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 317,106.65
Total Points: 367,167.70
For agreeing about Margarito - Massage Queen My Round Champ - The Surgeon have an egg - Savino Happy belated birthday champ - The Surgeon Cheers! - poet682006 
5000 posts! - shobox for those late night fights - jazluvr449 No Message - peyk-peyk for you bud - Talisayen you are in love with me - Carnivore 
hey homie - markbnlv 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 

Quote:
Its very simple.the result should be changed to KO7.but it wont be,in these circumstances the powers that be have ample opportunity to do the right thing after the event,but never do.From a fans perspective that sucks.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTV4U View Post
The term "You have to knock him out to get a draw" really does apply here.
Yeah, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.crust View Post
Its very simple.the result should be changed to KO7.but it wont be,in these circumstances the powers that be have ample opportunity to do the right thing after the event,but never do.From a fans perspective that sucks.
Yeah, it's bad. If I were Martinez' manager or promoter, I'd file an official protest over both the 7th round fiasco and the judges' scorecards.

Last edited by Silencers; 02-15-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
For agreeing about Margarito - Massage Queen My Round Champ - The Surgeon have an egg - Savino Happy belated birthday champ - The Surgeon Cheers! - poet682006 
5000 posts! - shobox for those late night fights - jazluvr449 No Message - peyk-peyk for you bud - Talisayen you are in love with me - Carnivore 
hey homie - markbnlv 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 

Quote:
Yeah, it does.

Yeah, it's bad. If I were Martinez' manager or promoter, I'd file an official protest over both the 7th round fiasco and the judges' scorecards.
Thats just it though,there is no way these things get turned over.they would have more luck pissing into the wind and trying to stay dry.things like this damage boxing,yet time and time again these idiots dont seem to learn that very obvious lesson
Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.crust View Post
Thats just it though,there is no way these things get turned over.they would have more luck pissing into the wind and trying to stay dry.things like this damage boxing,yet time and time again these idiots dont seem to learn that very obvious lesson
True, the decision probably won't change if they do actually file an official protest, it's horrible for the sport.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:17 AM
pesticid
I Love Froch

Rep Power: 23 pesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond reputepesticid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,881,751,770.78
Total Points: 5,482,663,014.50
Let's drink to that fine woman in your avatar!! - abosworth Heineken, best Avatar on the scene! - Dorian We Rich :p - Dorian We Fresh! - Dorian Great Poster! - Dorian 
Enjoy! - Dorian amazing 'martinez facts' thread, man. - chiguy91 so true about fight club - Burning Phoenix 

I think Kermit is a crappy boxer. I don't even know what all the hype was about before he fought Tony. Max said once that he had George Foreman's power at WW, but Max is welterweight idiot anyway.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

hey homie - markbnlv 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticid View Post
I think Kermit is a crappy boxer. I don't even know what all the hype was about before he fought Tony. Max said once that he had George Foreman's power at WW, but Max is welterweight idiot anyway.
Damn! That avatar is one of the most distractive yet...what was this thread about again?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
D-Omonist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 D-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond reputeD-Omonist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,635,897.74
Total Points: 18,536,824.18
El Cuerpo Te La Pide! - Izrock For being a dude! - The Surgeon For the integrity you show in your posts - jazluvr449 WAR COTTO PUNETTTTAAAAAA!!!!! We POPPIN BOTTLESSS!!!! - .::EyEKoNiK::. A snack for the 14th!  Enjoy the fight! - jazluvr449 
Ya got heart, bro! - jazluvr for the man! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Martinez got SCREWED tonight. It doesn't matter if he was up by a fraction of a second before the ref said ten. When the referee counts ten, the fight is over. Crybaby Cintron got checked and counted out
in the 7th. The fight should have been over. Then Martinez got a bull**** point deduction because of Cintron's ducking. The scoring of the fight sucked! This decision was a FUCKIN' atrocity!
Don't get me wrong I truly dislike Cintron, but I did see him get up before the ref was finished saying TEN. Boxing definitly needs instant replays.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

hey homie - markbnlv 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Omonist View Post
Don't get me wrong I truly dislike Cintron, but I did see him get up before the ref was finished saying TEN. Boxing definitly needs instant replays.
Definition of head bunt-hard punch to the head