Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Burning Desire
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Burning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond reputeBurning Desire has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 141,264.16
Have a frosty pint for Breland - Starling I! - poet682006 Right back at you my man - JAB5239 thx 4 da link ... - -Boxzilla- 
Default Question About Biceps.

I only work my Biceps once a week doing Chin-Ups, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. My question is should i up it too 2 times a week ? and should i do Chin-Ups more than once a week ?

Its just im looking to bulk up in time for the summer, and i do alot of compound exercises throughout the week, but i want to add a few inches to my Biceps.

And i know the Biceps are a small muscle and your not supposed to work them much. But i always get the feeling im not doing enough, so any advice would be appreciated cheers.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,142,218,713,525.67
Total Points: 24,427,034,068,638.33
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

It depends i only do biceps once a week but i know alot of people who do all their muscles twice a week.

But in my opinion you should only do them once a week the problem with your routine is you dont mix up the exercises you need to change the exercise or else you will plateau
Old 02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Landon S
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Landon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 26,664.05

Why not work your back an extra day instead of your biceps? youll get more "bulk" and your arms will get bigger, not to mention you'll actually get stronger where it counts.

Do you do deadlifts? if not you should, you can add mass and strength to every part of your body because it stresses every part of your body even if it doesnt move.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Trrmo
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Trrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of lightTrrmo is a glorious beacon of light
Total Points: 57,120.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Desire View Post
I only work my Biceps once a week doing Chin-Ups, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. My question is should i up it too 2 times a week ? and should i do Chin-Ups more than once a week ?

Its just im looking to bulk up in time for the summer, and i do alot of compound exercises throughout the week, but i want to add a few inches to my Biceps.

And i know the Biceps are a small muscle and your not supposed to work them much. But i always get the feeling im not doing enough, so any advice would be appreciated cheers.
You dont really need to concentrate on bicep isolation exercises for boxing, but If you want to build your biceps for cosmetic reasons I think twice a week is better, instead of doing all those difference bicep exercises the same day, just stick to three on Monday for example, and the other three on Friday. Chin-ups are great allround exercises.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
j
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 634,343.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trrmo View Post
You dont really need to concentrate on bicep isolation exercises for boxing, but If you want to build your biceps for cosmetic reasons I think twice a week is better, instead of doing all those difference bicep exercises the same day, just stick to three on Monday for example, and the other three on Friday. Chin-ups are great allround exercises.
doesnt sound like boxing is the goal of his. otherwise, KB's are the recommended tool.

make sure u know a good trainer to help u develope and exercise properly. one i knew, he was a power lifter, held one of the lifting records for just over half a year. and that is hard enough to do for even big strong guys. that is who i learned the most important weight, rather, power lifting exercises from.

power lifting tends to make your simple raw power increase.
weight lifting focuses on more of the sculpture - less on function.

maybe a bit of power lifting can help with your sculpting. but dont to much of either if u are a committed boxer. just do enough to fill out your frame.

just my couple of dimes worth..