Franca vs Thompson - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2004, 03:34 AM
Fallout
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 35 Fallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 317,231.00
Send a message via AIM to Fallout
Default Franca vs Thompson

I know a lot of people were upset about the decison, and I am not here to comment on that. I am, however, going to rant about Franca getting screwed. I saw a brief clip of the bout and this allowed made me scream for a no-contest. Franca had just landed a MAJOR right hand and dropped Thompson to the ground. Franca was landing some serious leather to the head of Thomson and Larry Landless move in and kind of pushed Franca. He then hopped over to the other side and Thompson ended up getting to guard. The problem was Franca thought Landless had stopped the fight so he stopped punching! Thats what allowed Thompson to get his guard and saved his life.

I am not arguing about the decison. I may or may not argee with it (I haven't see the whole fight yet) and even if I don't, if you let the fight go the 3 rounds, its your fault and you can't blame anyone but yourself.

The thing I do have a problem with was Landless seeming to stop the fight, then backing away like nothing happend. Thats where Franca got screwed
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2004, 03:36 AM
Fallout
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Fallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond reputeFallout has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 317,231.00
Send a message via AIM to Fallout

http://www.fightsport.com/fsport/jsp...Id2=0&Id=97751

This is a frame by frame verison of it
Old 02-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Mr. Beelzebub
Llamas love midgets

Location: Overlooking NYC, five minutes away from the birthplace of baseball...
Rep Power: 44 Mr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Beelzebub has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389,880,530.17
Total Points: 1,390,065,611.37
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Beelzebub Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Beelzebub
Default Re: Franca vs Thompson

Quote:
Originally posted by Allan the Magic Goose
... Franca was landing some serious leather to the head of Franca and Larry Landless move in and kind of pushed Franca. Thats where Franca got screwed
:?: Que?

I have heard from different people that the decision was fair. I think it's only fair if Hermes gets a rematch because of the situation that you pointed out and basically just because it was an extremely close match,

On a side note, I am not trying to insinuate anything, but as of late Mr. Landless has been becoming the center of attention during fights...We all know that a ref is doing a good job when people can't even notice that he's there. Maybe Larry should remember that.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Aaron Bizarre
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Aaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond reputeAaron Bizarre has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,308.00

if you look on the underground you can find a Gif file that shows the whole motion. Its better to judge off that.

a rematch should be in order.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:03 PM
lightweight
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 lightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these partslightweight is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 51,546.14

That sucks. Someone needs to have a long talk with Landless.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List