Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 93 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 264,052,257,801,034.44
Total Points: 1,000,266,055,423,317,120.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcuff View Post
Omg, why is simple English so difficult to understand. I never said Lacy was as good as Dawson, I just said that if Calzaghe wins, the American audience will downplay he result.

I want Calzaghe to fight Dawson and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't because I think Dawson is a very dangerous opponent.
This is so false I don't even know where to begin. I read it time and time again. Let's end it once and for all.

Prior to Jeff Lacy, Calzaghe was considered one of the two best super middleweights in the world and a top 20 fighter pound for pound. By destroying Lacy, Calzaghe catapulted into the top ten of every pound for pound ranking and top five in most. So obviously the Lacy win counted for something, didn't it? Perhaps it garnered some kind of respect, wouldn't you say?

Yet somehow you think if he beats Dawson, he won't get respect? Nonsense.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,576,505.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcuff View Post
Lol, I'll remember that!
Mate remember right it down, but the fight wont happen, because Joe aint got the plums for it. I would gladly give Joe his props and revear him for the great fighter he is, if he beats Dawson.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Addition
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 Addition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,697,733,969,317.18
Total Points: 2,322,449,418,160.54
Wise ass =) - tyson A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 2000 posts! - Tunney Heikki Wins! - Dorian thank bro. - TRUTH 
Merry Christmas - msagrain Congrats on the Chargers win - xxjace Cheers for the bet! - jazluvr good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang merry xmas - Subtraction 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
Erm beating the undisputed Middleweight champion makes Pavliks resume greater than Calzaghe's, 6 months ago

Also, Hopkins is 43 years old and everyone wants him to retire. Calzaghe's best boxing year was last year and hence is still in his fighting prime. Its not like he's been fighting top Champion all his life, where as Hopkins has.

Hopkins has nothing to prove, Calzaghe on the other hand has.
Yeah, the same fighter who had questionable decisions and less than impressive wins during his reign. Taylor was nothing special, Calzaghe beat a better fighter in Mikkel Kessler.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 317,106.65
Total Points: 368,283.70
For agreeing about Margarito - Massage Queen My Round Champ - The Surgeon have an egg - Savino Happy belated birthday champ - The Surgeon Cheers! - poet682006 
5000 posts! - shobox for those late night fights - jazluvr449 No Message - peyk-peyk for you bud - Talisayen you are in love with me - Carnivore 
hey homie - markbnlv 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 

Another lame thread dissing calzaghe.I think you will find that 90% of his supporters think that chad dawson is the only meaningful fight left for him.look at the flak he has had to take for beating hopkins,and that was a **** fight that no one except for bhop and his die hard supporters want to see again.I think the dawson fight should it happen will be a proper fight,good to watch,and dawson does deserve the fight.I fully expect joe to win it,and should he do that I also expect to hear the same tired old bollocks about dawson being overrated,just the same as pavlik has had to endure post hopkins.until joe states his intentions we will just have to wait and see

Last edited by mr.crust; 02-03-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: missed word
Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Roger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Mellie has a reputation beyond repute
For agreeing about Margarito - Massage Queen My Round Champ - The Surgeon have an egg - Savino Happy belated birthday champ - The Surgeon Cheers! - poet682006 
5000 posts! - shobox for those late night fights - jazluvr449 No Message - peyk-peyk for you bud - Talisayen you are in love with me - Carnivore 
hey homie - markbnlv 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
Mate remember right it down, but the fight wont happen, because Joe aint got the plums for it. I would gladly give Joe his props and revear him for the great fighter he is, if he beats Dawson.
True,and if chad beats calzaghe I wouldnt wanna hear any ****e about him being old,overrated,slapper and all the other boneheaded nonsense.In my eyes he would be the real deal
Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 93 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addition View Post
Yeah, the same fighter who had questionable decisions and less than impressive wins during his reign. Taylor was nothing special, Calzaghe beat a better fighter in Mikkel Kessler.
Playing Devil's Advocate here...who has Kessler beaten to prove he's better than Taylor?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,576,505.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.crust View Post
True,and if chad beats calzaghe I wouldnt wanna hear any ****e about him being old,overrated,slapper and all the other boneheaded nonsense.In my eyes he would be the real deal
If Joe beat Dawson i will make a thread dedicated Joe's greatness and i would be happy to do it.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Roger Mellie
Banned

hey homie - markbnlv 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
If Joe beat Dawson i will make a thread dedicated Joe's greatness and i would be happy to do it.
And likewise,I will make a shrine to the chadmeister
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Addition
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 Addition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,697,733,969,317.18
Total Points: 2,322,449,418,160.54
Wise ass =) - tyson A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 2000 posts! - Tunney Heikki Wins! - Dorian thank bro. - TRUTH 
Merry Christmas - msagrain Congrats on the Chargers win - xxjace Cheers for the bet! - jazluvr good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang merry xmas - Subtraction 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Playing Devil's Advocate here...who has Kessler beaten to prove he's better than Taylor?
Just personal opinion, shame Taylor's promoter doesn't want to put him in with Kessler to prove my point.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 AM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addition View Post
Just personal opinion, shame Taylor's promoter doesn't want to put him in with Kessler to prove my point.
Your personal opinion is one thing - and I do have the fight a toss-up with a slight edge to Mikkel, perhaps. But in boxing, fighters are ultimately measured by who they beat. And Taylor ranks higher than Kessler in that category.