Fitness and weight loss - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 PM
JoeD1991
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,592.30
Default Fitness and weight loss

Hey everyone this is my 1st post and well I am just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of good advise.
I am 17 and am dead on 100kg I want to get down to about 85kg but at the moment lets say I have to much fat for what I like (the majority of my weight is fat) I can do about 2 hours exercising a night but apart from that I don't have anytime since I have college and get home late.
My question is does anyone have a few pointers on the right amount of foods and a few good exercise tips, I have fairly good cardio for my size and shape but I do count myself as weak.
Any help would be appreciated,
Joe
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 PM
P4PKING2008
Banned

Rep Power: 0 P4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these partsP4PKING2008 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 5,200.04
Total Points: 15,999.67
Send a message via MSN to P4PKING2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD1991 View Post
Hey everyone this is my 1st post and well I am just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of good advise.
I am 17 and am dead on 100kg I want to get down to about 85kg but at the moment lets say I have to much fat for what I like (the majority of my weight is fat) I can do about 2 hours exercising a night but apart from that I don't have anytime since I have college and get home late.
My question is does anyone have a few pointers on the right amount of foods and a few good exercise tips, I have fairly good cardio for my size and shape but I do count myself as weak.
Joe
No junk food. Use common sense don't eat ****.
Run 3 miles daily. Step it up to 6 after a while.
Join a boxing gym.

Its not rocket science. If you exercise you will be fit.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:45 PM
ScottDBA
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,302.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

You should be eating six smaller healthy meals per day instead of the usual three big ones plus snacks.

Lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats. Drink plenty of water.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Rep Power: 62 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 327,223,507,778,391.94
Total Points: 329,508,323,298,893.38
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

For starting:

join a gym obviously
get in a habit of running daily start with about a mile a day then move up as it gets comfortable
be smart with what you eat
replace soda with bottled water, snack foods with fruit etc. it is hard to do that but you will get the hang of it
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Pharoahe
Contender

Rep Power: 8 Pharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond reputePharoahe has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,029.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer Q21 View Post
For starting:

join a gym obviously
get in a habit of running daily start with about a mile a day then move up as it gets comfortable
be smart with what you eat
replace soda with bottled water, snack foods with fruit etc. it is hard to do that but you will get the hang of it
That one right there makes a huge difference. Water, 50/50 water/gatorade, and some fruit juice are where it's at. A guy I used to play hockey with always complained that he never seemed to be able to lose the fat and put on the muscle that he needed to. He worked out hard and ran, but he drank pop allll the time. I finally convinced him to replace it with water and once he did, he got the results he wanted pretty quickly.

And yeah, running is where it's at.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Landon S
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Landon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura aboutLandon S has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 29,439.05

Im in college with a full course load too dude and I still find time to train twice a day, some days three (only because one of my classes is cardiovascular training), so being in college is a pretty lame ass excuse.

Don't you have a break between classes thats about 40 minutes or so? you could go to the college gym or gymnasium and get some intervals, sprints, conditioning or LSD (not the drugs...) in. Or you could just wake up sooner, I dont have class till 10am but I get up at 6:30-7:00am and work out, shower, do a little homework and head to class. Hell, its 8:40 am right now and Im studying for a quiz and I've already worked out for an hour...youve got time you just gotta make it. Theres 86400 minutes in a day dude....lots of time, get crackin
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
hitmanhat
Contender

Rep Power: 8 hitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond reputehitmanhat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15.52
Total Points: 32,230.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD1991 View Post
Joe
Can you do bodyweight exercises ?? Or are you too heavy ??
Squats , lunges , push-ups ,sit-ups etc ?? If I were your trainer I would recommend strength and conditioning . The thing about CV , even though it's best you might not start getting results fast . If you do strength and conditioning you can start working and toning all your muscles faster .If you can't use your own bodyweight then you'll need to start with free-weights.Check out RossTraining infinate intensity book . You want to at-least get to a standard to be able to push your own body-weight , once you can do that then start running . There is a saying in fitness thats true and it's don't run before you can walk .
http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html

Last edited by hitmanhat; 01-26-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
sukhenkoy
Mother Russia

Rep Power: 11 sukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond reputesukhenkoy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,059,168.75
Send a message via ICQ to sukhenkoy Send a message via Skype™ to sukhenkoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanhat View Post
Can you do bodyweight exercises ?? Or are you too heavy ??
Squats , lunges , push-ups ,sit-ups etc ?? If I were your trainer I would recommend strength and conditioning . The thing about CV , even though it's best you might not start getting results fast . If you do strength and conditioning you can start working and toning all your muscles faster .If you can't use your own bodyweight then you'll need to start with free-weights.Check out RossTraining infinate intensity book . You want to at-least get to a standard to be able to push your own body-weight , once you can do that then start running . There is a saying in fitness thats true and it's don't run before you can walk .
http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html
Good point. I lost 15 pounds in 2 months just from doing weights and swimming 2 times a week. Just start exercising and eating sensibly. Don't think that jogging/running is your key to losing weight fast.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 190,797.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

just eat wholesome and good food

and drink only water, im trying to start replacing everything with water

oh and also if you desperately need to drink something other than water, drink a coke zero or a diet coke or whatever
Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 AM
JoeD1991
Amateur

Total Points: 4,592.30

Right I have always drunk loads of water so that isn't a problem, but I have now cut out the sweet stuff like chocolate and most sugary stuff. I don't eat any fatty stuff anymore I am eating more fruit and vegetables and trying not to eat white bread. I have found a local boxing gym to me so will be joining that asap. I can do push ups and sit ups and that just not as many as I would like. I am running each day now and I am trying to have 6 small meals a day and I am also taking multi vitamins.
Any other advice will be taken in and I will try my hardest to take that advice and do something about it.
Joe

Share This With Friends

Tags
fitness, loss, weight

User Tag List