about that 90% of fights end on the ground.. - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 01-27-2004, 02:56 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 345,037.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris
Default about that 90% of fights end on the ground..

I hear all these ground fighter say 90% of fights end on the ground. Yea i think 90% of fights end on the ground, because some get knocked out or down on the floor.
Ask yourself this where does every fight start?
In the MMA ring I think groundfighting is great, but for self defense I think it sux.
If you get into a fight just think if you go to the ground, there is not to much you can do if the person your fighting pulls out a knife or his friends run over and start stomping on you and kicking in the face.
I would fight the greatest groundfighter in the world if we fought in a parking lot with broken glass on the floor.
I enjoy ground fighiting, but do not really like it too much for self defense.
Do fights go to the ground hell yea.
I am not saying that it is not important to know groundfighting, because I personally do train in groundfighting. But for self defense do not try to take the fight to the ground.
Just my two cents.

Discuss
Argue with me
Kempo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2004, 03:32 AM #2
Curly Howard

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

Most fights hit the ground because someone trips or tries to duck and hide. Most untrained people either throw a hay maker or the bigger guy takes the smaller guy down and tries to beat on him.
Having basic ground fighting skills would help a lot in a street fight. The last street fight I was in I got the guy to stop with an arm bar. I'm a trained fighter and he wasn't and he still got me down. We were inside a store and I tripped. Point is knowing not to panic and some ground fighting skills would help.
Even if it's just pulling guard and waiting for help or breaking an attacker's arm.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:41 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Zen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 204,527.00
Send a message via AIM to Zen

I'd prefer to keep any street fight standing, just because of the million variables in a street fight. But if it does go to the ground, having some skill is gonna help you immeasurably. If the guys friends were around, I'd be getting up asap though.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:06 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute

having good ground basics is very important

If someone brought me to the ground in a streetfight, they would regret it because I would have bitten off a piece of thier flesh or rammed my fingers into thier eyes
Old 01-27-2004, 12:03 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

wondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 70,327.00

If I get in a streetfight it is going to the ground and there will be a quick finish to follow. I have trained standup arts and as you know I am a BJJ blue belt, I am good on my feet but up there anything can happen. On the ground it is my world and you are fuct!!!
wondermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 02:23 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

sucks for you if someone thrust thier fingers into your eyes or bites a piece of you off or pulls out a knife or one of thier friends starts stomping on your head
Old 01-27-2004, 03:46 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

wondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond reputewondermut has a reputation beyond repute

same things can happen standing...sux for everyone
Old 01-27-2004, 04:17 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

the whole point of standing is to not be that close for that **** to happen. When standing you can move a hell of alot easier than when your on the groung to get away.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:55 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

speak for yourself
Old 01-27-2004, 09:36 PM #10
realkaps

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

I usually take the fight too the ground in a street fight if it is 1 on 1, chokes work great for stopping an attacker, I also like to take them down, get up and start kicking them.....

Share This With Friends

User Tag List