about that 90% of fights end on the ground.. - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 01-27-2004, 02:56 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond reputeKempo Chris has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 345,464.00
Send a message via AIM to Kempo Chris
Default about that 90% of fights end on the ground..

I hear all these ground fighter say 90% of fights end on the ground. Yea i think 90% of fights end on the ground, because some get knocked out or down on the floor.
Ask yourself this where does every fight start?
In the MMA ring I think groundfighting is great, but for self defense I think it sux.
If you get into a fight just think if you go to the ground, there is not to much you can do if the person your fighting pulls out a knife or his friends run over and start stomping on you and kicking in the face.
I would fight the greatest groundfighter in the world if we fought in a parking lot with broken glass on the floor.
I enjoy ground fighiting, but do not really like it too much for self defense.
Do fights go to the ground hell yea.
I am not saying that it is not important to know groundfighting, because I personally do train in groundfighting. But for self defense do not try to take the fight to the ground.
Just my two cents.

Discuss
Argue with me
Kempo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2004, 02:27 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

handjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond reputehandjobs4dollars has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 282,245.00
Send a message via AIM to handjobs4dollars

I do find people who say that the would go for a takedown on a concrete floor funny.
handjobs4dollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:14 AM #3
Contender

submission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these partssubmission_guy is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 15,312.00

100% of fights start standing...
submission_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:12 PM #4
Contender

agfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 23,249.00

I find that when people get frustrated whether they be experienced grappler or not. If they're stand up sucks. They're gonna go naturally where they won't absorb the onslaught.

In a fight I had. I was doing good just hitting this guy with flurries. He got mad and tried to ram me. To make a long story short we ended up on the floor. I try to get up and do more damage as much as possible. Most of my fights end out like that. But, I can't say that they stay there on the ground.
agfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:42 PM #5
Up and Comer

TheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,435.00
One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy Don't always agree, but I can always see your point - DarchinyFAN 
Send a message via AIM to TheMachine Send a message via Yahoo to TheMachine

it depends on the culture and situation. If it is a street fight here in the Philippines, it usually starts and ends standing, however some cultures start standing and end on the ground. The best thing to do is know how to defend against takedowns and have a decent stand up game as well
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:23 AM #6
Contender

agfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these partsagfa is infamous around these parts

Hey machine where do you live?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:24 AM #7
Contender

I mean do you live in the Philippines? Or are you somewhere in the us.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:57 AM #8
Up and Comer

TheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond reputeTheMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,435.00
One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy Don't always agree, but I can always see your point - DarchinyFAN 
Send a message via AIM to TheMachine Send a message via Yahoo to TheMachine

agfa I'm from the metro manila area
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 03:08 PM #9
Contender

My grandfathers house is there. Near the channel 4 building. My dads staying at alabang right now. Man I miss the Phil. so relaxing compared the states. Sucks being poor living their. I wish we could get a legit president. Not no ****ing actors.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List