Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 188,557.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punchcombo View Post
Slapping or not it rang in points and inside pitter patters to the ribs still prevents proper breathing which I felt winded Berto A LOT.

Berto throughout the fight looked like he was hurt more often and frequently gassed

Collazo showboating wasn't helping either. Collazo looked for that lost when he put his hands down and badly impersonated Whitaker and then put less commitment towards his punches then Calzaghe (No offense) I had it even up untill the 12 which Berto clearly won...That including the stupid point deduction. So it wasn't a robbery but a fight that could have gone either way
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
THe TRiNiTY
Sugar-Will O'-Hurricane

Rep Power: 33 THe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,333,845.39
Total Points: 241,457,811.44
thanks for the sig - Golden Boy 360 thanks for the sick sig ... - -Boxzilla- Couldn't give you geen K, so have a drink on me. - JAB5239 sux homie ... lemme kno when ur back up and running - -Boxzilla- use this as your toothbrush - JM1 
cheerz man! - Sox8055 

Quote:
He did win the 12th but that was due to sitting out a couple rounds to regain his stahmina. Berto showed me one thing that will always make him a tough opponent. Which is his heart, Collazo brought a war to him and he brought it back.

But in the end I still feel Collazos inside fighting changed Bertos oncomming momentun everytime Luis turned up the heat.
However, none of this makes it a robbery. Or an exposure. Otherwise, Collazo has exposed TWO fighters that HAD undefeated records, and was on his way to retiring Mosley barring the inevitable injury.

Or just maybe, it wasn't an exposure. Maybe Collazo is just really damn good.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
5punchcombo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,695.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Tornado View Post
Both of them looked winded after the 11th round, Berto did enough to win the 12. I honestly had Collazo winning by one round, it was a razor thin fight and a good one at that. That one judge that scored that fight 116-111 was smoking crack and should not be let to judge a fight ever again. I don't think this this decision was a robbery, it could of gone either way it's just that Berto got the best of it this time.
Exactly. Robbery may be considered harsh because it was so close it couldve gone either way.

I just cant wait for the rematch.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
deevel79
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 25 deevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond reputedeevel79 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,212.47
Total Points: 501,015.04
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler 

Pretty much every boxing site that scored the fight, had Collazo winning. Go to any boxing forum, and check out the polls for who they think won the fight. Every single poll that i've seen thus far had it for Collazo. More than a coincidence, dont u think? I doubt this is one big conspiracy against Berto.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
TJ Tornado
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond reputeTJ Tornado has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,932.98

Quote:
I think Collazo DID EXPOSE Berto.

All you need is a well conditioned pressure fighter to beat Berto. He rallies for the first minute or so then gasses and sits back to take shots.

He has great quick hands and counter punches at times but he doesnt move a lot. His immobility will let him get eaten up by good boxers like Shane Mosley Miguel Cotto or Carlos Quintana
He's got way too many flaws, his inside game is horrendous and that is being generous. His stamina lacks as well, I think all that mass he puts up for fights always take a toll on him, AND he gets tagged a lot and doesn't seem to have a very solid chin. I don't think Berto is exposed, I knew he had all those flaws when I first saw him fight, he's not a complete fighter, he's a solid Welter that can be polished a bit more but I think this is as good as he will ever get. If you feed him to a top 5 Welter he will lose.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
5punchcombo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute5punchcombo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,695.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dominicano View Post
Collazo showboating wasn't helping either. Collazo looked for that lost when he put his hands down and badly impersonated Whitaker and then put less commitment towards his punches then Calzaghe (No offense) I had it even up untill the 12 which Berto clearly won...That including the stupid point deduction. So it wasn't a robbery but a fight that could have gone either way
I thought that was poor judgement on his part , instead of showboating he shouldve threw anything to keep bringing in points and keep Berto from regaining his energy
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,791,170,679,100.63
Total Points: 22,746,492,238,101.24
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Collazo actully was faster than Berto that night,Berto needs to work on his balance, his legs were to far apart,he fought with heart,but at the end of the night,point deduction especially,he did not win,a draw was as close as he got,its a shame when a man puts months of training and fights a hell of a fight that 3 judges can take away his W.Collazo lost round 12,but he wasnt knocked down and he made the bell,he deserved better,its a shame!!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
THe TRiNiTY
Sugar-Will O'-Hurricane

Rep Power: 33 THe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond reputeTHe TRiNiTY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,333,845.39
Total Points: 241,457,811.44
thanks for the sig - Golden Boy 360 thanks for the sick sig ... - -Boxzilla- Couldn't give you geen K, so have a drink on me. - JAB5239 sux homie ... lemme kno when ur back up and running - -Boxzilla- use this as your toothbrush - JM1 
cheerz man! - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Tornado View Post
He's got way too many flaws, his inside game is horrendous and that is being generous. His stamina lacks as well, I think all that mass he puts up for fights always take a toll on him, AND he gets tagged a lot and doesn't seem to have a very solid chin. I don't think Berto is exposed, I knew he had all those flaws when I first saw him fight, he's not a complete fighter, he's a solid Welter that can be polished a bit more but I think this is as good as he will ever get. If you feed him to a top 5 Welter he will lose.
Losing to a top 5 in your weight class, especially one as talented as this division, doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. Or that you've been exposed.

By the way, he's been stunned by shots and went down against a lighter puncher who caught him when he got careless and didn't see the punch. He's got a decent chin. And when he gets into a rhythm, his defense is A LOT better. Collazo just made sure that didn't happen. Good for Collazo, that isn't a knock against Berto. Berto should be matched tough.

This is one thing that makes me feel bad for promoters. When they puff up a young chargers resume, they get blasted. So then they match them up evenly, and it's a tough, hard-contested fight and their fighter gets 'exposed' all of a sudden.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 20,791,170,679,100.63
Total Points: 22,746,492,238,101.24
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
I thought that was poor judgement on his part , instead of showboating he shouldve threw anything to keep bringing in points and keep Berto from regaining his energy
I dont think he was showboating,Berto cought him with a body shot that hurt him,so he kept his hands down because of that and tried to make it look otherwise,that said,his corner saw he was losing momentum,they called him on it and he got right back to handing Berto the buisness!!
Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Ictus
Up and Comer

Total Points: 10,001.94

Good post. I had Collazo winning by one point but it could've gone either way.