Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
hookoutofhell
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 hookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond reputehookoutofhell has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,324,401.78
Total Points: 2,361,459.30
Because real men eat roast beef sandwiches for breakfast. - Mighty_Windir 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljosa_raos View Post
Taylor would kill Froch.
Fight will never happen cuz Froch wants 70 % cuz he is champ.
seriously 70% WTF since hes got that belt froch has turned into a full-time, overblown pillock!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,654,083,918,772.69
Total Points: 35,654,184,251,228.54
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba1988 View Post
Not me. I think Froch KO's him, or Jermain wins a decision. I honestly think Pascal would give Taylor a tough time.

I don't really rate Jermain. He lost twice to one dimentional Pavlik, and looked ordinary against Lacy.
Looked ordinary against Lacy. Watch the fight before you talk ****. Taylor walked right through Lacy and won every single round. He would of probably KO'd him if he was just a tad more aggressive. Taylor looked great in that fight and that might of been his best performance in years. Watch the damn fight and use logic before you post nut hugger.

As for Froch he isnt going to KO Taylor. I like Froch and he would have a hell of a time with Taylor and at this moment probably lose. Taylors skills and athletism would give Froch problems, since Froch already has defensive problems vs "one dimensional fighters" like Pascal. Comparing Taylor to a guy like Pascal is a joke and same goes for your post.

Last edited by B-Ron; 01-17-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,879,718,932.60
Total Points: 147,899,820,041.38
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ron View Post
Looked ordinary against Lacy. Watch the fight before you talk ****. Taylor walked right through Lacy and won every single round. He would of probably KO'd him if he was just a tad more aggressive. Taylor looked great in that fight and that might of been his best performance in years. Watch the damn fight and use logic before you post nut hugger.

As for Froch he isnt going to KO Taylor. I like Froch and he would have a hell of a time with Taylor and at this moment probably lose. Taylors skills and athletism would give Froch problems, since Froch already has defensive problems vs "one dimensional fighters" like Pascal. Comparing Taylor to a guy like Pascal is a joke and same goes for your post.
Honestly, if Taylor can't administer a Calzaghe style ass whopping, on Jeff Lacy 'the worst boxer on earth', then it is an ordinary performance. Jeff is terrible.

And I did not make no comparison between Taylor and Pascal. I said Pascal would cause Taylor problems. That an opinion, not a comparison.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Check
On a boat, beeeeotch!

Rep Power: 93 Check has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond reputeCheck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,654,083,918,772.69
Total Points: 35,654,184,251,228.54
For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania for the contribution in the 100+ replies thread - D E M Dz A viva marquez!!!! - Left Hook Tua Everyman needs a superman logo. - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Honestly, if Taylor can't administer a Calzaghe style ass whopping, on Jeff Lacy 'the worst boxer on earth', then it is an ordinary performance. Jeff is terrible.

And I did not make no comparison between Taylor and Pascal. I said Pascal would cause Taylor problems. That an opinion, not a comparison.
Maybe you aren't giving Joe enough credit. Also, Jermaine and Jeff are very good friends and I know Jermaine did say he was going for the kill it did seem like whenever he really had Lacy in huge trouble(which he had him on bambi legs about 5 times) he went for a clinch. Jermaine looked good imo he had good head movement and didnt go to crazy in there and got the job done with a lop sided UD. Taylor would give Froch a lot of trouble.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Steak
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 35 Steak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond reputeSteak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,366,315.14
Total Points: 771,846,117.34
big sky tye video! - natas206 Couldn't give Karma, so i'll drink to that post - GreatJoe For being supportive of my boy Nate - Massage Queen good posters deserve donuts - Junito-Rulez One of the best posters on the site - Heebarican 
Favorite BoxingScene Asshole - DWiens421 Good poster. - Barnburner For all the hard work on those essays. - Barnburner 

maybe Im missing something, but it sure looked like Lacy was ready to go multiple times from the 5th round on.

and while the Froch-Pascal fight was very entertaining, overall I wasnt that imprssed with Froch. maybe yall forgot, but jsut before the Froch fight Pascal was almost finished by Omar Pittman on FNFs, and Pittman is a journeyman at best...

that being said, I would like to see Froch-Taylor, and would also like to see Taylor-Johnson if Johnson cant get Calzaghe or Kessler, who he would both be willing to fight in their hometowns.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Kris Silver
Kneel 4 Silver,good boy!

Rep Power: 31 Kris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond reputeKris Silver has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,119,548,543,116.89
Total Points: 15,219,548,702,230.21
cheers mate - TheDemdzasGhost Happy 1K anniversary! Keep up the good work! - BatTheMan Here ya go - T-97 No Message - T-97 A toast to our old friend 'Reasoning'....RIP - Chunk 
Top Poster! - abadger Here's some loving! - T-97 Happy 2000th - Puas No Message - T-97 For being one of the few sane people here! - FRKO 
3k, congrats to a good poster - MELLY-MEL... Have an apple - danc1984 Happy new year, Kris. - T-97 A toast to the great KrisSilver. - FRKO Thanks. Happy 2009 to you too. - Silencers 
you're a good poster...cheers mate - Makavelli Thanks for your support - Massage Queen Good poster, always a gentlemen. - Jewshua Happy Christmas in advance. - S a m u r a i Have another. - S a m u r a i 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Taylor and his team talk about money too much, it gets a little tiring.

Ok it's a business but the way they go about it seems over the top sometimes, especially when Taylor once said he'd fight anyone, but would take the most money offered. Well, that's a form of ducking I'm afraid chap. Not saying he specifically has or hasn't recently, but he doesn't want to just face the best, push himself and perform, excel in this sport, which pisses me off. I'm not fan of Carl Froch, but at least that is what he wants to do, face whomever, it's more about the sport and winning than the money.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:50 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,001,150,360,769.06
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:

taylor at least hurt lacy where as calzaghe just slapped him a bunch and got him annoyed.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408,818,806.75
Total Points: 418,895,767.90

Quote:
Strange logic there, buddy.
Taylor did administer an ass whooping on Lacy. And Lacy is far, far away from "the worst boxer on earth."
Froch is the one who has to prove his worth against elite fighters, not the other way around.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:31 AM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 107,879,718,932.60
Total Points: 147,899,820,041.38
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJB View Post
Strange logic there, buddy.
Taylor did administer an ass whooping on Lacy. And Lacy is far, far away from "the worst boxer on earth."
Froch is the one who has to prove his worth against elite fighters, not the other way around.
Of course he is not the worst boxer on earth, but a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about.

I think Taylor is a good fighter, I just think that Froch could beat him. The reason why the Pascal fight was exciting, was because of both fighters creating angles against each other, and landing bombs. I think Taylor would struggle with the angles, and power of Froch's punches. As I have said on another thread, Froch will win by KO, or Jermain will win a decision.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 AM
KJB
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 KJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond reputeKJB has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 408,818,806.75
Total Points: 418,895,767.90

Quote:
Of course he is not the worst boxer on earth, but a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about.

I think Taylor is a good fighter, I just think that Froch could beat him. The reason why the Pascal fight was exciting, was because of both fighters creating angles against each other, and landing bombs. I think Taylor would struggle with the angles, and power of Froch's punches. As I have said on another thread, Froch will win by KO, or Jermain will win a decision.
You say a win over Lacy is nothing to shout about, but I would contend that its a better win that Froch has on his record.
Taylor is the guy who fought Hopkins twice, Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik twice and now bet Lacy. Froch isnt some kind of step up in competition for Taylor. Taylor, on the other hand, is a huge step up in competition for Froch. People should remember that.