Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Squabbles94806
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,012.45
Total Points: 337,019.92
Default Chess Boxing

I've always enjoyed boxing because it's a thinking man's game. Not only does it require physical might, but also a high level of intellegence. Anyone can get out there and club someone to death. But in order to move with grace, style and finess it takes a lot.

Figuring out your opponent is the best part of the game. Tendencies and habbits are something i look out for. Almost like in poker when you can detect another player's tell.

Nowadays, i'm starting to use my brain a little bit more. I'd rather practice the science than slugging it out like a clod or an oger.

I dig the way Wu-tang describes boxing. It's a thinking man's fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 AM
Equilibrium
Knuckles Up

Rep Power: 20 Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072,133,995,366.29
Total Points: 1,072,133,999,522.50
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
I've always enjoyed boxing because it's a thinking man's game. Not only does it require physical might, but also a high level of intellegence. Anyone can get out there and club someone to death. But in order to move with grace, style and finess it takes a lot.

Figuring out your opponent is the best part of the game. Tendencies and habbits are something i look out for. Almost like in poker when you can detect another player's tell.

Nowadays, i'm starting to use my brain a little bit more. I'd rather practice the science than slugging it out like a clod or an oger.

I dig the way Wu-tang describes boxing. It's a thinking man's fight.
Agreed, thats one of the things i like the most about boxing. When i spar i always look for the things i can take advantage of, openings, lazy punches, ect.

My only problem with that is that sometimes when i land a good punch or flurry i stop and look at my work.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,142,623.48

Even if your the smartest person alive at boxing, if you haven't got the fitness, speed power or chin then you'll never make it to far in boxing... Look at Margarito, hes a "slugger" as you said, just trying to knock out opponents.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Squabbles94806
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Squabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond reputeSquabbles94806 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,012.45
Total Points: 337,019.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriachim View Post
Even if your the smartest person alive at boxing, if you haven't got the fitness, speed power or chin then you'll never make it to far in boxing... Look at Margarito, hes a "slugger" as you said, just trying to knock out opponents.
Oh yeah, that's fer sho.

In order to be a good fighter i believe you need 3 things: Intelligence, Endurance, and Heart.

Harness those three factors and you'll be aiite.