Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
"Shion"
Contender

Rep Power: 6 "Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,732.03
Send a message via AIM to "Shion" Send a message via MSN to "Shion"
Default Does a sauna suit help?

I want to drop as much weight as possible, and I weigh about 190 lbs.

The reason of my wanting to drop weight is for more competition.

Currently at my high school, their boxing club has a few people around my weight, but those guys pose no competition and downright suck, no offense to them.

So my question is, would wearing a sauna suit while running/working out help me lose weight?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Cyse
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Cyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these partsCyse is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 46,855.68

Of course it would... what a dumb question! LOL!

It'll drain you of water weight.

Anyways, im surprised you have highschool boxing. What country do you live in?...

I wish they had it at my school when I was younger...but they didn't! Those daft cunts!! >=|
Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Boxer1590
123lb Champion!

Rep Power: 9 Boxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxer1590 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 137,772.16

Yes it works.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Rep Power: 16 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,136,447.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

http://www.grapplearts.com/How-to-Cut-Weight.html
Old 11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
punchDrUnK MONK
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 punchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these partspunchDrUnK MONK is infamous around these parts
Bank: 534.01
Total Points: 282,423.70
how come you so red, did you make fun of calslappy - JulioCesaChavez gift thread - MANGLER 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - ??? 

yoyo

i got one of those. everlast sauna suits.
i never use the bottoms cuz the tops more then enough.
it makes u sweat a lotttttttttttt. it is ****ed after like 15-20 minutes of shadowboxing with one of those on, itll fill up with ur sweat n u literally have to shake the sweat out and ****...

its good to get a good sweat. but it has bad parts too..
for example the nextday after using a sauna suit, u will feel DRIEDDDDDD OUT. u will not perform well in training / not even train cuz ur body will be dead.
but it also depends on how much water u restore to ur body
cuz sauna's and sauna suits only drain water weight, which can be put right back on with drinking water or fluids. so really its not good for losing perminent weight

if u wanna lose weight and keep it gone. i suggest many rounds of skipping ,many nights of long runs. hit the heavybag for 10 rounds..
anything that will make u sweat NATURALLY.

good luck
Old 11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
DJ QUIK JR.
Contender

Rep Power: 6 DJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK JR. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 66,778.89

two words. **** yes
Old 11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
"Shion"
Contender

Rep Power: 6 "Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of"Shion" has much to be proud of
Total Points: 12,732.03
Send a message via AIM to "Shion" Send a message via MSN to "Shion"

So basically, the sauna suit is just to lose quick water weight?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
mrboxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these partsmrboxer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 42,240.24

if you are so good at the top of your game as you claim to be then why fight at the school,go fight in tournaments that are put on every week in some place or another
Old 11-03-2009, 08:26 PM
TheNegation
No Picks

Rep Power: 16 TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,136,447.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Shion" View Post
Yes. Sauna suits should really only be used to cut the last few pounds.

Right now start by cleaning up your diet. And when I say clean up that doesn't mean eat nothing.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:31 PM
RightHooker
Contender

Total Points: 7,063.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Shion" View Post
Yup. Just makes you sweat alot. You'll still see people, even top pros wearing them during their normal training but there's really no point. They for losing water weight before weigh ins, then you weigh in and eat and drink to restore your weight before competition.

The more time you have between weigh ins and the fight, the more weight you can lose. Professionals that have 24 hours between weigh ins and their fight will lose as much as 15-20 pounds. In the amateurs where you only have a couple hours usually, it's really only good for a couple pounds.