Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 AM
The Great Shark
Banned

Bank: 1,128,992.83
Total Points: 1,215,541.82
I love fish. - elchinoloco School of Fish - Plutö School of Fish. - Plutö ARMY of fish! - Plutö ARMY of fish! - Plutö 
ARMY of fish! - Plutö Put him in your fish tank! - -Ash- 
Hepatitis C - -Ash- 

Hmm... could you say that maybe Mccain is trying to lure back boxings fans?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM
revs1227
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 revs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond reputerevs1227 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 492,068,008,332.53
Total Points: 494,362,262,556.67
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

uts halarious how some ppl are badmouthing mccain without reading teh article . if you read the article you would know that this would be absolutely great for boxing ****ing morons same ppl that voted for obama didnt listen 2 a thing he said but just voted for "change" hahahahah im soooo embarrassed 2 be an american right now p4p most ignorant country
Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
hardmanbrit
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 hardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,366.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeymarPR View Post
Yes he had gotten tortured, but it was HIS decison to go to the Armed Forces in a time of war, not anyone elses

During Vietnam, almost all able-bodied, young American man were DRAFTED, so it is irrelevant whether or not McCain was a military man serving his country before that war.

Either way, the man was incredibly brave for your nation and I respect him (even though I do not agree with a lot of his or Obama's politics) and he does not deserve to have people wishing death upon him in my opinion.

The fact that he never gave 1 name of his fellow armed forces men to the Vietnamese, no matter how horrendously they tortured him, speaks volumes for the man.

Last edited by hardmanbrit; 01-08-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 PM
hardmanbrit
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 hardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond reputehardmanbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,366.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
It will regulate fighters safety and making sure that they have a retirement guarantee so they don't end up broke and on the streets. I posted the article in which he was talking about his plan a little while back. The idiot above was making stupid idiotic statments without having even read or read about the bill before.

He talks about it briefly here:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232512

In my opinion, that is a noble ambition, and I am not sure how even the Obama lovers can disagree with it.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Vladimir303

Rep Power: 20 Vladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond reputeVladimir303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,963.72
Total Points: 213,866.59

Boxers will never have retirement benefits just the same as a Rap or any music artist who is singed to record deal with a company, selling out concerts and making albums won't.

Both are independt. As a boxer, you sign with a promoter and have him promote your fights. As a musician, you sign with a record company and have them put out your music.

In both, once it's over it's over. You better be a damn good mainstream musician, making alot of money before you get old. In boxing, you better have a second job if you're not making some serious coin.

We've had fireman/fighters in the sport, cops/fighters, construction workers/fighters. In boxing, nothing is guaranteed....not even regular paychecks from fighting once every two weeks like in the old days when a fighter had to stay busy just to support his family.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Fenom
No Ceilings

Rep Power: 12 Fenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,762,529.74
Total Points: 15,829,076.60
beer from tua for the cowboy. - Left Hook Tua 1K Posts! - T-97 1K posts! 3 beers in a row! Keep it up iBox!! - BatTheMan Congrats..Here's a bottle of some Grey Goose. LOL - Ray  Ray Aaaahhhhhh. Just what the doctor ordered. - BatTheMan 
Floyd Mayweather Jr - Dorian Thanks Bro....Tarver Milk Dud Sig in hilarious - Golden Boy 360 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
Should I be rooting for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeeCole View Post
How should we feel about this....
sounds like a good thing to me.... read the article people

judge for yourself... dont let someone come in here and tell you how to feel

Last edited by iBox4Real; 01-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Fenom
No Ceilings

Rep Power: 12 Fenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,762,529.74
Total Points: 15,829,076.60
beer from tua for the cowboy. - Left Hook Tua 1K Posts! - T-97 1K posts! 3 beers in a row! Keep it up iBox!! - BatTheMan Congrats..Here's a bottle of some Grey Goose. LOL - Ray  Ray Aaaahhhhhh. Just what the doctor ordered. - BatTheMan 
Floyd Mayweather Jr - Dorian Thanks Bro....Tarver Milk Dud Sig in hilarious - Golden Boy 360 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
It will regulate fighters safety and making sure that they have a retirement guarantee so they don't end up broke and on the streets. I posted the article in which he was talking about his plan a little while back. The idiot above was making stupid idiotic statments without having even read or read about the bill before.

He talks about it briefly here:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232512
Quote:
Here is a little quote I found on the matter:
Q: Bob Ley: “You were a boxer. I know you love the sport. You had a role in several pieces of legislation. What is the state of the sport that you love so much?”

A: Sen. John McCain: “I don’t think it’s as good as it could be. I think pay per view has had unintended consequences as well as intended, and it has narrowed the viewing audience. You see this ultimate fighting filling in a bit of a vacuum there. I’m a proud conservative, I still think it is the sport that needs a union because these are the people with the shortest spans of participation. They need to have retirement benefits, and they need it as badly or worse than any professional sport.”
that sounds like a great thing... im an Obama supporter and this I stand by McCain 10000000000%