Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 AM
MOREBASS
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 MOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond reputeMOREBASS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 69,314.59

During the Vietnam War, a young able bodied male had a 75% chance of being drafted. So chances are that, yes, he would have been drafted.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,509,255,034.35
Total Points: 42,953,632,850.89
No Message - texanballer For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler 
happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe 
For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
I don't know what to think because I'm not even sure what he is trying to accomplish.
It will regulate fighters safety and making sure that they have a retirement guarantee so they don't end up broke and on the streets. I posted the article in which he was talking about his plan a little while back. The idiot above was making stupid idiotic statments without having even read or read about the bill before.

He talks about it briefly here:
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=232512
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - texanballer For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler 
happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe 
For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

wait.. I think I posted the wrong link.
If I can find it for you I'll post.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Sin City
la mala vida

Here is a little quote I found on the matter:
Q: Bob Ley: ***8220;You were a boxer. I know you love the sport. You had a role in several pieces of legislation. What is the state of the sport that you love so much?***8221;

A: Sen. John McCain: ***8220;I don***8217;t think it***8217;s as good as it could be. I think pay per view has had unintended consequences as well as intended, and it has narrowed the viewing audience. You see this ultimate fighting filling in a bit of a vacuum there. I***8217;m a proud conservative, I still think it is the sport that needs a union because these are the people with the shortest spans of participation. They need to have retirement benefits, and they need it as badly or worse than any professional sport.***8221;
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 AM
LRcie03
Contender

Rep Power: 6 LRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to beholdLRcie03 is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,851.02
Be Joyful - Gift Giver WINNER!! Correctly guessing Rees' height, 5'4&quot;!! - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREBASS View Post
I don't think the government should be involved with sports at all.
I agree, and that McCain correspondence with the reporter above is scary. Please stay out of sports government, you have no business medling there. You have other problems and other issues to **** up.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Davros?
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Davros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond reputeDavros? has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,267,966.86
Total Points: 43,862,317.64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRcie03 View Post
I agree, and that McCain correspondence with the reporter above is scary. Please stay out of sports government, you have no business medling there. You have other problems and other issues to **** up.
sadly boxing has real trouble governing itself, but until I know all the details I will not make a comment at all.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 AM
MissDeeCole
Boxing Scene Queen

Rep Power: 12 MissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond reputeMissDeeCole has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 245,950.53
Total Points: 490,515.48
Happy B-Day, Congtats.. - !! AI-Holmes!! I Love You - Chale Tamale Think of me when you use this. - Executioner54 A rose for u sexy mami - EL HANDSOME 4 boxingscene's finest - d0gg85 
We Fresh! - Dorian you can have my heart - sterling Happy New Year! - Tunney 
Send a message via AIM to MissDeeCole Send a message via Yahoo to MissDeeCole

dave meltzer said on the radio tonight that this could only be a good thing for boxing and boxing fans
Old 01-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Sin City
la mala vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeeCole View Post
dave meltzer said on the radio tonight that this could only be a good thing for boxing and boxing fans
the boxing big heads (biggest money makers) wont want to unionize with boxers who make the smallest amount of money in the sport. They will see it as a setback.
It's great for some boxers but not all of them.. The legislation would definitely benifit fans though but one problem. Boxing is global not American. They will have no way to regulate what goes on outside of America therefor it will not be recognized by outside organizations and it wont recognize them either. No, legislation has ever suceeded when it came to Boxing in congress for whatever reason. Then again no one had ever been president who was black. But just saying, I doubt it gets passed.

I'm all for some retirement type plan for boxers but the rest of it would probably never work out.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Sin City
la mala vida

on second thought.. most PPVs are in America anyway.. I dunno I go back and forth with this.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
MikeBrew328
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 MikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBrew328 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.60
Total Points: 34,756.90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeymarPR View Post
Yes he had gotten tortured, but it was HIS decison to go to the Armed Forces in a time of war, not anyone elses
Do you know what a "draft" is???