Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 PM
dsauvage
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 dsauvage will become famous soon enoughdsauvage will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,105.72

Happy to admit I have some biases. I tend to overly praise exciting fighters and underpraise more careful practitioners. That is probably what's going on with my writing about the Brothers K. (And why I'm immediately a fan of David Haye.)
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-27-2008, 09:13 PM
aether
Banned

Rep Power: 0 aether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond reputeaether has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 208,306.58
Total Points: 337,780.86
1000 - *~*MalVada*~* ahahahahah - pacman777 your favorite toy... - pacman777 wipe your butt dude... - pacman777 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 Gay and Lesbian Pride - pacman777 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsauvage View Post
I don't hate Eastern Europeans... I even like Vitali a little bit. But there's no much excitement to them, let's face it.

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my article.

-David
floyd hater huh?....
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 PM
JunglistSoldja
BoxingScenes MVP

Rep Power: 0 JunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond reputeJunglistSoldja has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 186,565.63
Send a message via MSN to JunglistSoldja

I thought it was a good read
Old 12-28-2008, 01:54 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,138,390,421,209.26
Total Points: 52,168,623,529,731.18
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
I disagree.. I mean they win BY KO a huge % of the time.. You call all their challenges Stiffs.. yet give credence to a Cruiser weight who's ONLY victories at heavy weight were against... Yep.. stiffs..

You have a Bias and don't want to admit it.. Which is fine.. most people have a tough time confronting their less appealing sides.. But it's blatantly there in your OWN words in your OWN article.. SO to deny it in the light of evidence which suggests otherwise.. Is an insult to your readers intelligence..
Well, their KO's still come after however many rounds of utterly boring boxing. I can understand people liking them, but I can also understand that many people wouldn't like them. Quite simply, when the biggest threat in the division is Sam Peter or that Ibragamov/Klitschko was not that big of an aberration, you know that the Heavies are in a world of trouble.

Like it or not, or like him or not, Haye is an exiting fighter. He throws big punches with good skill that can KO anyone, and can get KO'd himself, and even freely admits it! What's not to like? Whether you think he's a limey douche-bag, you have to admit that he makes the most exiting fights in the highest divisions in years, and if you're not looking forward to him fighting either Klit, whether it's to see him get knocked out or not doesn't matter because it's him you want to see in there knocking someone out or getting knocked out, then there is something wrong.

Maybe we look at things differently though because I didn't really see him giving much credence to Haye. I saw him write 'At least Vitali is taking a risk with Haye.', which it clearly is. That's all he wrote, which isn't really saying "Haye is the greatest thing since sliced bread and is the savior of boxing!", nor did he say anything about Haye's competition being better than the Klit's in the slightest. There wasn't mention of anything Haye has done so he's really not giving credence to Haye and not the Klit's. Anyway, Vitali has been out a long time, and coming back and fighting someone with serious speed and power is risky. Although he's completely unproven, it's still a risky fight.

I also only saw him write that the heavyweight division is boring, which it clearly is. Not that much bias there, you may be just seeing what you want to see, which is fine, most people have a tough time confronting their less appealing sides.

Last edited by BennyST; 12-28-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:50 AM
.Mik.
I'm a fucking caveman!

Rep Power: 32 .Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute.Mik. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 309.83
Total Points: 47,236.71
Send a message via MSN to .Mik. Send a message via Yahoo to .Mik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
I disagree.. I mean they win BY KO a huge % of the time.. You call all their challenges Stiffs.. yet give credence to a Cruiser weight who's ONLY victories at heavy weight were against... Yep.. stiffs..

You have a Bias and don't want to admit it.. Which is fine.. most people have a tough time confronting their less appealing sides.. But it's blatantly there in your OWN words in your OWN article.. SO to deny it in the light of evidence which suggests otherwise.. Is an insult to your readers intelligence..
Haye is stepping up in his 3rd heavyweight fight to take on the best in the division.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Nautilus

Rep Power: 21498 Nautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond reputeNautilus has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,386,873.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
by David Sauvage - Did boxing have a theme in 2008? [details]

David Sauvage is an *******. But Manny is fantastic, indeed.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
gibo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 gibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond reputegibo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,054,608.06

DAVID you hit the "oscar" on this one!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Solitario
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Solitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,504,829,834,559.92
Total Points: 2,504,829,881,365.33

Campbell's redemption at number 9? Nate did well in defeating Diaz but it wasnt exactly a dramatic performance and he hasnt gone on to do anything with his titles since that win. that's not necessarily his fault, but I think the Bute-Andrade fight generated more buzz. It also had one of the most dramatic endings with the worst officiating in a long time. The Soto-Lorenzo fight should have also been considered if only for Lorenzo's Oscar worthy performance.

Last edited by JaguarJames; 12-29-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Steelhammer2K9
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Steelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond reputeSteelhammer2K9 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 47,362.91
Wladimir wins again! - Tunney Welcome back! fuck the haters. u da man!!!! - Vit Bangs Fedor is MMA's greatest of all time - ~Tunney Cheers to Vitali! - Marciano 49-0 Vitali wins!!!!!!!!!! - Mike Tyson77 

Terrible Article

David Sauvage should be fired
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
dsauvage
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 dsauvage will become famous soon enoughdsauvage will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 12,105.72

Well Stellhammer, if it makes you feel any better, I wasn't paid.