Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,010,653,672,550.07
Total Points: 55,040,886,788,946.83
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Well, it's good, but it's not exactly what you would even call great footwork. He has very good foot speed and against someone that had no legs at all it made it look even better, but in all reality there are boxers fighting now that have better footwork. Someone brought up Hopkins. His footwork is very close to perfect. His footwork confuses the opponent, spins them, puts them off balance, gives him angles to work with with no offensive opportunity to the opponent. Pac's is quick in-and-out type footwork. Very different to Hops'.

Nonetheless, it is very good and he is also getting better at it, which will be good to see what happens in the future. If you want to see really amazing lateral movement check out Whitaker. He made good boxers look foolish with it. Or Pep, his was also completely amazing. There are many, many fighters that have much better movement than Pac does, which is not a bad thing, 'cause a lot of them didn't have his non stop offensive aggression which makes him more exciting to watch.

Some recent fighters which have brilliant footwork and all round amazing skills in that vein are the 90's group of JrMW's to MW's and SMW's. That era had some of the most extraordinary fighters in the history of boxing. For a boxing exhibition of movement, footwork and defense about as close to perfect as you're likely to get, check out Sumbu Kalambay vs Mike McCallum I. Kalambay was boxing poetry in motion that night. You also have McCallum himself, Graham, Nunn, Toney, Curry etc etc. All amazing.

If Pac could do what he did to another guy that had amazing footwork and lateral movement himself then it would have been stunning, but he did it against a guy that had no legs or movement at all, let alone good movement. Still, it was a brilliant performance and possibly his best boxing performance to date.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 62 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
Pacquuao is one of the best at that.. A weight drained Pac beat JMM twice..
Weight drained?

Why bother with excuses when he supposedly won already?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:19 AM
bestboxingonly
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 bestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these partsbestboxingonly is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,641.91

When it comes to defense, I think NO but when it comes to both defense and offense in one I think YES. Pernell was i think the best in the defense department.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 AM
MakeDamnSure
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,530,962.42
Total Points: 83,732,886.55
... - MakeDamnSure No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua 
Universally recognize p4p king Manny Pacquiao FROM - FasTHarD No Message - Little Mac Have a snack homey - mangler No Message - Little Mac O mag beer muna tayo! - jhacen 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Weight drained?

Why bother with excuses when he supposedly won already?
Yes, he beat him even though he was having a hard time making 130.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:27 AM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 198,407.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Nope...I don't think so
These fighters had better movement

Mayweather at 130-140
Prime RJJ
SRL
Ali
B-Hop
Whitaker
Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeDamnSure View Post
Yes, he beat him even though he was having a hard time making 130.
There is a big difference between weight drained and having a hard time making weight. Calzaghe had a hard time making weight at SMW but he was never weight drained. Weight drained is coming into a fight unhealthy. Pacquiao was at 100% fighting health. He fought possibly his best ever fight that night. There is no way he was weight drained.

Considering he came in under weight and made it easily the first time he was perfectly healthy and fought like a healthy fighter. He was not weight drained at all and didn't fight like he was weight drained. Re-watch the Oscar/Pac fight and you'll see a weight drained fighter.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:33 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,946,911,790,948.20
Total Points: 19,946,911,894,338.65
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman777 View Post
the best boxer right now getting props and you think its funny...
Im a big Pac fan. But when people start coming out of the woodwork claiming he's the best ever, or they never saw him before but has the best foot work ever.........things are getting ridiculous. If you believe either of these thing you are either 1 of two things, possibly both. 1. A hugeass nuthugger, or 2. A very uneducated boxing fan. There are no if, ands or buts about it.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:36 AM
MakeDamnSure
Banned

Rep Power: 0 MakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond reputeMakeDamnSure has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 83,530,962.42
Total Points: 83,732,886.55
... - MakeDamnSure No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua No Message - Left Hook Tua 
Universally recognize p4p king Manny Pacquiao FROM - FasTHarD No Message - Little Mac Have a snack homey - mangler No Message - Little Mac O mag beer muna tayo! - jhacen 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Quote:
There is a big difference between weight drained and having a hard time making weight. Calzaghe had a hard time making weight at SMW but he was never weight drained. Weight drained is coming into a fight unhealthy. Pacquiao was at 100% fighting health. He fought possibly his best ever fight that night. There is no way he was weight drained.

Considering he came in under weight and made it easily the first time he was perfectly healthy and fought like a healthy fighter. He was not weight drained at all and didn't fight like he was weight drained. Re-watch the Oscar/Pac fight and you'll see a weight drained fighter.
What are your basis when if fact the Diaz fight was supposed to go first than the Marquez fight. .Watch the MAB-2 then Marquez, his last 2 fights at 130, Pac is a little bit slow on his feet because he was weight drained.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 AM
miron_lang
Banned

Rep Power: 14436 miron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond reputemiron_lang has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 192,532,945,581,254.88
Total Points: 1,192,533,348,933,480.50
grazie for the poinst! - steelhead pareng miron can i borrow your rep once. i want to turn macho madness green. - Left Hook Tua ban the 3k battery guy in pacland. i wanna make an account with that name! :-) - Left Hook Tua Thanks for the green k - danc1984 Salamat sa green k bossing - Makavelli 
No Message - withoutthee8 Officer RiZO reporting for duty, sir! - ЯiZO No Message - Mr._Pink (y) - Palokaj happy holidays - led 
Happy New Year! - jazluvr sending gifts to friends today - serv No Message - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Gay and Lesbian Pride - frankenfrank 

Pac's lead left and slide to the right is a great weapon. He always lands it.

Pac's footwork improved a lot but there are many others that can match if not better it.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:42 AM
FasTHarD
BRUTAL KNOCKOUT KING

Rep Power: 48 FasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond reputeFasTHarD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 51,183,149,984.92
Total Points: 51,183,169,490.20
Happy Holiday &amp;quot;You're now my idol&amp;quot; lol.. - oWANTEDo Believe me Manny Pacquiao can fly... - oWANTEDo merry x-mas , pare. - Left Hook Tua A little celebration for the Pac-Man! - FRKO Thanks big dog.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Thanks man. - Silencers Cheers for Manny Pacquiao and Chris John for exposing the overrated Marquez - oWANTEDo Champagne Supernova - oWANTEDo Advance party for the victory of Pacquiao against Hatton - oWANTEDo When you guys are done with me, I will die from alcohol poisoning. - J. HITTER 
Eat this while watching Pacquiao vs Hatton - oWANTEDo Round 1 Banana... - oWANTEDo Grapes Round 2. - oWANTEDo Strawberry Round 3. - oWANTEDo Don't eat this one Lmao... Hatton got KTFO in round 4. - oWANTEDo 
salamat - Left Hook Tua Everybody knows that Tua is a FISH!!! - FasTHarD Put all your cash in here. - KIAT nga IGAT Boxingscene Millionaire. - KIAT nga IGAT SuperPacman - oWANTEDo 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - oWANTEDo Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - oWANTEDo Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - oWANTEDo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - oWANTEDo 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Chris John 42-0 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Chris John 42-0 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - LeftHookDonaire Hepatitis C - LeftHookDonaire Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LeftHookDonaire 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Autism - LeftHookDonaire Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - LeftHookDonaire Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Chris John 42-0 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Chris John 42-0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - pacman777 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - toyi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - peyk-peyk Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - peyk-peyk 

Quote:

Yes indeed......

And your a pac Hater.... No need to argue you....