Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
superchamp
Contender

Rep Power: 9 superchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 29,337.92
Default Margarito: "I have no score to settle with Williams" -- new interview

Antonio Margarito on Mosley, Cotto, and Paul Williams!
By Ace Freeman (10-Dec-2008)

In this exclusive interview, welterweight kingpin Antonio Margarito opened up about his 2008 destruction of Miguel Cotto, his thoughts on a Paul Williams rematch, and his upcoming fight with Shane Mosley! Don't miss this one, only on FightFan.com!

FF: Antonio tell us your thoughts on the welterweight division right now. You are regarded as the no. 1 welterweight, which is boxingís hottest division. Then thereís Paul Williams and Joshua Clottey. How exciting is it for you to be a part of such an important time in welterweight history?

AM: That specifically doesnít excite me at all. Itís the fights themselves that excite me. The Cintron fight was exciting. The Cotto fight was exciting. Now Iím looking forward to and excited about the Mosley fight. The fans excite me! I love stepping into the ring and feeling the energy of the fans. These are the type of fights that take the sport to another level. These are the type of fights the fans deserve, and that is what excites me about boxing.

FF: Hello Antonio, thank you for taking the time to speak with the FightFans at FightFan.com. First of all congratulations on your historic win over Miguel Cotto, which captured you the welterweight crown as far as most are concerned. Now that some time has passed can you give us your thoughts on how youíd rate the success of executing your game plan for the fight?

AM: Just like Cotto, we had a plan ďAĒ, ďBĒ, and ďCĒ. Plan ďAĒ was to pressure. Plan ďBĒ was to pressure more and plan ďCĒ was to pressure even more! I did exactly what I always do. I told everyone what my plan was. I gave it away from the beginning. The only difference is that I pushed on the gas more.

FF: Cotto boxed well early on and many people expected him to win the fight by doing that the whole time but something changed half way through the fight. What was it?

AM: The fight played out exactly the way my team and I expected it. Cotto would come out moving, tapping, and running. The only thing we didnít know was how long it would take for him to start showing signs that he was being overwhelmed by my constant pressure. People say the momentum changed half way through the fight but I had felt it since the second round. I landed some solid shots to the body as well to the head that had him cut, bleeding, and breathing heavily. Yes he landed some shots but Cotto was fighting in survival mode. Cotto fought a terrific fight. He would have easily beaten any other fighter that night. I give him my respect, he fought like a true warrior.

FF: At what point did you begin to feel a stoppage was within your grasp?

AM: I didnít. Cotto was taking some heavy shots. He was bleeding really bad, but I knew this guy would not quit. I just kept telling myself to keep going and keep throwing. I never thought of a knock out. When he went down, I thought to myself, ďgo get him!Ē.

FF: Before running in to you, Miguel Cottoís strength broke down everyone he faced. Can you give us your thoughts on how strong you felt in comparison to Cotto?

AM: Cotto never hurt me but I could see I was hurting him.

FF: Miguel Cotto and Kermit Cintron were both regarded as very BIG and strong welterweights. Why does it seem that you canít be hurt?

AM: Iím not going to say I canít be hurt but I will say that I havenít been hurt. This is all due to the dedication and respect I have for the sport. I live a clean life outside of the gym. I donít have any bad habits. I live a simple and humble life. Iím no where close to being in the fast lane, I donít drink, smoke, or over indulge in anything. When Iím in training, I give 100% of myself to my training.

FF: You will defend your title Jan. 24 against Shane Mosley. That is a great fight to kick off 2009. Can you give us your thoughts on facing Mosley?

AM: Shane is a good fighter. I donít take any fighter for granted. I donít try to convince myself that Shane is at the end of his career. I donít care if he is old or young, quick or slow, strong or weak. I train hard for every fight.

FF: I know that who you fight is ultimately decided by your promoter, but there has been a lot of talk about you and Paul Williams. He defeated you in a very close and competitive fight in your first encounter. Can you tell us, if the circumstances and timing work out, if getting him in the ring for a rematch and settling the score is something youíd personally like to do in the near future?

AM: I donít have any score to settle. Iím not looking for revenge. Iím looking to fight. I keep reading that I am avoiding Paul. I donít avoid anyone. Paul and his promoter know. I do have a promoter, and my promoter has a plan for me. I canít go against my promoter and sign a for a fight that I have no authority to sign for. I did it already and it all turned out to be an experience Iím looking to go through again.

FF: Antonio, tell us your thoughts on the welterweight division right now. You are regarded as the no. 1 welterweight which is boxingís hottest division. Then thereís Paul Williams and Joshua Clottey. How exciting is it for you to be a part of such an important time in welterweight history?

AM: That specifically doesnít excite me at all. Itís the fights themselves that excite me. The Cintron fight was exciting. The Cotto fight was exciting. Now Iím looking forward and excited about the Mosley fight. The fans excite me! I love stepping into the ring and feeling the energy of the fans. These are the type of fights that take the sport to another level. These are the type of fights the fans deserve, and that is what excites me about boxing.

FF: Thank you Antonio. All the best of luck and health to you in your training over the holiday season

AM: Thank you.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
superchamp
Contender

Rep Power: 9 superchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond reputesuperchamp has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 29,337.92

seems like for whatever reason, Margarito doesn't see the need for or seem interested in a Paul Williams rematch.

"I don***8217;t have any score to settle. I***8217;m not looking for revenge. I***8217;m looking to fight. I keep reading that I am avoiding Paul. I don***8217;t avoid anyone. Paul and his promoter know. I do have a promoter, and my promoter has a plan for me. I can***8217;t go against my promoter and sign a for a fight that I have no authority to sign for. I did it already and it all turned out to be an experience I***8217;m looking to go through again."

Maybe he doesn't think it is an exciting fight?

"That specifically doesn***8217;t excite me at all. It***8217;s the fights themselves that excite me. The Cintron fight was exciting. The Cotto fight was exciting. Now I***8217;m looking forward and excited about the Mosley fight. The fans excite me! I love stepping into the ring and feeling the energy of the fans. These are the type of fights that take the sport to another level. These are the type of fights the fans deserve, and that is what excites me about boxing."
Old 12-10-2008, 06:55 PM
J.R.
Contender

Rep Power: 6 J.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond reputeJ.R. has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,084.44

Remember, Margo thought he won the Williams fight. So I'm guessing in his own mind he doesn't want to take a chance at being screwed again on the scorecards when he has so many other big opions on the table.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 166 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,403,799,004,531.48
Total Points: 12,513,854,783,030.29
Have some wine man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led 
Merry Christmas - Flab Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led 
Happy holidays Mario! - led* Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Remember, Margo thought he won the Williams fight. So I'm guessing in his own mind he doesn't want to take a chance at being screwed again on the scorecards when he has so many other big opions on the table.
No I heard that weeks after the fight he agreed that he lost the fight.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,377,562.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchamp View Post
seems like for whatever reason, Margarito doesn't see the need for or seem interested in a Paul Williams rematch.

"I donít have any score to settle. Iím not looking for revenge. Iím looking to fight. I keep reading that I am avoiding Paul. I donít avoid anyone. Paul and his promoter know. I do have a promoter, and my promoter has a plan for me. I canít go against my promoter and sign a for a fight that I have no authority to sign for. I did it already and it all turned out to be an experience Iím looking to go through again."

Maybe he doesn't think it is an exciting fight?

"That specifically doesnít excite me at all. Itís the fights themselves that excite me. The Cintron fight was exciting. The Cotto fight was exciting. Now Iím looking forward and excited about the Mosley fight. The fans excite me! I love stepping into the ring and feeling the energy of the fans. These are the type of fights that take the sport to another level. These are the type of fights the fans deserve, and that is what excites me about boxing."
money marg doesn't want to avenge his loss... is this guy mexican???
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
larryx
Banned

Rep Power: 0 larryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond reputelarryx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 114,247.08
Total Points: 574,280.14
Have an apple larry - danc1984 For being no.1 fan of Manny Pacman Pacquiao. - oWANTEDo clubber rules...and you know this - Makavelli Belated 10k posts present my man - danc1984 Always been a good poster, says what he feels and never offends anyone. Sure people dissagree with his opinions but who doesn't, glad he has always stood strong and gave his honest opinion! So for that, I am giving him some dollars to a fellow Money - Spacey1991 
you a sexy bitch. - Left Hook Tua Fuck what they say man - Devil Man you're alright, larry - Gift Of Gab Piss on em Larry. You good peeps homey. - mangler My bad.. LOL - Welter_Skelter 
good stabil poster, have a cold one on me. - Grand Champ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullcounter View Post
money marg doesn't want to avenge his loss... is this guy mexican???
pull...are we gonna make that margos official nickname..money marg..lol
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
-MAKAVELLI-
deicide

Rep Power: 299 -MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute-MAKAVELLI- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,695,677,796,963,488.00
Total Points: 175,295,790,880,926,560.00
Great Poster - Mr. Fantastic Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry xmas - Ether Happy Holidays Makie!  :kiss: - Lorily Christmas Beer! Cheers you crazy bastard. - ThePhantom5 
42k post medal! - Flabulous For good luck - jazluvr I heard you're big, but don't worry Tua is bigger - Uns Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year, bro. - Libido Sanchez 
Happy Holidays MAKAVELLI - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 Happy New Year - Freedom. Tagay para sa new year! - led* Happy Holidays, bud! - jazluvr 
Funniest poster on site, here's a burger - jas Old School Thread - -jose- From your pal, BeerBro - Beercules damn son! you one handsome fellow! and with all do respect...Wow!!! that girl you with is Bad!!! definitely wifey material. - -jose- Sorry for the my in the moment RED K, here is a medal. - BrushMyHair 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - S a m u r a i Head and Neck Cancer - S a m u r a i Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jim Jeffries 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - deanrw Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Pretty Boy32 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - dans01234 Head and Neck Cancer - PensionKiller 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Akinapepemo Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Akinapepemo Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Childhood Cancer - LeeVanCleef 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx View Post
pull...are we gonna make that margos official nickname..money marg..lol

"...if it dont make pesos..." nah...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
egreezy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 egreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond reputeegreezy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 253,401,266.44
Total Points: 253,460,205.06
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - LDB15 

he has so many losses they don't bother him anymore, no need to avenge any of them. he's almost judah status in the L column
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Im Horny
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Im Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond reputeIm Horny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,306.04
Total Points: 102,192.59

then why u want to fight with oscar? what gives u the fuucking right? u ain't even fought many top fighters. only cotto. who else? ur still a nobody biatch. next year no one will remember u.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:42 PM
DiegoFuego
Ask my dad, I'm GAY!

Rep Power: 45 DiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond reputeDiegoFuego has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 299,312.20

I smell pusssssssssssssssssssssssssy