Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-27-2008, 07:40 AM
synchronize
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,508.95
Thumbs down injury need help please

hi today at school i punched a cabinent my hardest 3 times with my right hand and fractured it and my doctor said dont go boxing for 3 weeks i am 14 years old do you rekon if i go it will get worse like fracture will break more or would it just take longer to heal or should i just go boxing and use my left hand thank you
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-27-2008, 07:52 AM
AndyTravis
Contender

Total Points: 12,157.13

go to boxing and use your good hand. just don't spar, because you'll need your defense. i suggest tying your injured hand up in a tight sling or something, because it sounds like you have some impulse control issues and you might accidentally throw the wrong one. goodluck and i've done this myself on several occasions.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
DJ QUIK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 DJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond reputeDJ QUIK has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 83,620.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronize View Post
hi today at school i punched a cabinent my hardest 3 times with my right hand and fractured it and my doctor said dont go boxing for 3 weeks i am 14 years old do you rekon if i go it will get worse like fracture will break more or would it just take longer to heal or should i just go boxing and use my left hand thank you
only wrap and glove one hand while you train. we used to do this for practice to strengthen one hand but now you have to do it. lol but itll make u a better fighter.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Sadler
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Sadler has a spectacular aura aboutSadler has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 10,057.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronize View Post
stop hitting cabinets big man
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 PM
synchronize
Up and Comer

Total Points: 8,508.95

impulse control issues is this when u throw the wrong hand in a punch like when some 1 is holding the bag and they go double jab right and you throw two rights and a left instead of left left then big right
Old 11-27-2008, 04:24 PM
ScottDBA
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 350,745.62
Total Points: 370,161.24
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

Good grief.

If the doctor said don't box for three weeks, don't box for three weeks. You can still train everything except punching with that hand (if you go to the gym, don't even wrap it or put a glove on).

Yes it will make it worse, or make it take longer to heal if you keep punching now, and if it actually is fractured/broken expect to gave to wait more like six weeks (or even longer).

And no, that's not what "impulse control" means. That means you have anger management issues because you punched a cabinet instead of just relaxing or finding a less stupid way to vent your frustration.