Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 AM
AndyTravis
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,147.13
Default Countering

My general defense is pretty good these days, except I have problems getting hit with counters, or a counter of my counter or a counter of my counter of their counter of my sisters brothers uncles counter.... if you get my drift. lol. I know it will be just time and experience but any suggestions?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2008, 04:42 AM
kryo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 kryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond reputekryo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 558,364.97
Total Points: 582,525.08

Don't get countered.

luzluzlzu

seriously though, bring your hands back quickly? You answered your own question really.. time and experience. We have no way of really helping considering we have no videos or knowledge of how you fight.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Barndog
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Barndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond reputeBarndog has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 22,992.95

you may be telegraphing, make sure you're not giving away signs of what you're going to do..
Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 AM
theghost#1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 theghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond reputetheghost#1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,299,302.61
Merry Christmas - msagrain 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~satchel~ View Post
My general defense is pretty good these days, except I have problems getting hit with counters, or a counter of my counter or a counter of my counter of their counter of my sisters brothers uncles counter.... if you get my drift. lol. I know it will be just time and experience but any suggestions?
After throwing punches move to the side and keep your guard up. Basically don't stand there and get hit. Watch Hopkins!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:33 AM
AndyTravis
Contender

See, I know all this stuff you guys are telling me, but it works great for me to be reminded of it.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM
JulioCesaChavez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 40,591.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghost#1 View Post
After throwing punches move to the side and keep your guard up. Basically don't stand there and get hit. Watch Hopkins!!!!!
Do this, but also maybe you are not being smart or fast enough? You can counter the counter or simply just counter from the start so you won't be suffering the same problem too much. I can't tell if you are being serious and if this is happening to you alot, because the thread seems to have been written in jest. If it is happening to you ALOT, then simply box on your back foot more and retreat. Become the counterpunching boxer, rather than getting your ears boxed off and counterpunched
Old 11-21-2008, 03:47 PM
AndyTravis
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
Do this, but also maybe you are not being smart or fast enough? You can counter the counter or simply just counter from the start so you won't be suffering the same problem too much. I can't tell if you are being serious and if this is happening to you alot, because the thread seems to have been written in jest. If it is happening to you ALOT, then simply box on your back foot more and retreat. Become the counterpunching boxer, rather than getting your ears boxed off and counterpunched
Most of my posts have some sad humor attached to them, but I'm serious. I actually think I need to drill on only avoiding counters. I drop my hands after punches, I think that's my biggest problem. I just need someone to whack me every time I do it, and not just in sparring.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:04 PM
SOY-COMO-SOY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 SOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond reputeSOY-COMO-SOY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,165,287.25
1000 posts!  Congrats.  First milestone.. - ABOSWORTH 

Get a sparring partner you trust and tell him your problem...... so you can practice not getting countered.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:08 PM
ironmike2008
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these partsironmike2008 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 32,730.47
yahahhaha, whitey's dnt wash their anus! - JulioCesaChavez don't worry, steven gerrard will rally us to the championship once again. YNWA!! - JulioCesaChavez eid mubarak brother - JulioCesaChavez 

Testes satchel, with all due respect I feel you are a troll. From your avatar to your posts, you reek of somebody just tryna get a reaction. I've never done that.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 AM
KostyaTszyu44
Banned

Rep Power: 0 KostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond reputeKostyaTszyu44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 68,163.53
Total Points: 156,601.53
Broncos FTW! - danc1984 Cheers for the kind words. - brently1979 

you need to step off and launch a second attack or turn off a move out of range after every combo in the ams