Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Uchi Deshi is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,032.81
Default Hook Loop Converters for laceup gloves

Does anyone use the hook & loop converters for lace up gloves? I'd like to get a pair of good lace ups, that I can also use on my own, which means I'd have to use one of those hook and loop (velcro) converters. Do these work okay or is it a waste of time?

Thanks
Uchi Deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 PM #2
Banned

JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,672.48
Total Points: 50,009.25
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

Just save everyone a whole load of **** and go for normal velcro ones. They are convenient and will give you more time to train! The lace up ones DO NOT help you even though some people make out they do. A bad craftsman always blames his tools.
JulioCesaChavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 PM #3
Interim Champion

ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,356.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

I don't really see the point...?

If you're going to buy something to convert lace up gloves to velcro, why not just get velcro ones to begin with?

Maybe I'm missing something. *shrugs*
ScottDBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 AM #4
Interim Champion

actionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these partsactionjackson is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 35,894,247.78

http://rivalboxing.com/e/rs3v-e.html

Just get a pair of somthing like that. My buddy has a set. There lace and got the velcro on it. Best of both worlds...
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:46 AM #5
Banned

JulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond reputeJulioCesaChavez has a reputation beyond repute
2 start you off.. - The Gully Gad Here's an early Holiday present bro... - The Scientist No Message - woftam Stuff this up your butt you homosexual French towelhead. Mohammed would not approve of your flashy ways. Buy bombs not 1k Boss jackets. Kill the infidel! - Mizzou HERE YOU GO - ??? 
big up - siablo14 

I don't understand what the 'best' of the other world is!?? Them cheapo gloves in that pic will do you no good. Velcro reyes are the best and mould fit to your hand like an unused condom!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:14 AM #6
Contender

bt16 is a jewel in the roughbt16 is a jewel in the roughbt16 is a jewel in the roughbt16 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 24,380.13

get the reyes gloves that have both the lace and hook and loop
bt16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 AM #7
Banned

big up - siablo14 

good idea! i got them but took the laces out for my neices ice skating boots.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:22 AM #8
Interim Champion

ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,356.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

Rival's are definitely not "cheapo" gloves.

While it may not be the best, their stuff is still high quality.
ScottDBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:42 PM #9
Up and Comer

Uchi Deshi is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 10,032.81

Thanks for your comments, guys. I was thinking of getting some Winning gloves, but they're so expensive, I didn't want to get one pair with velcro to train in and one pair with laces to spar in. I thought that if the velcro lace converters worked, that I would just get the laceup Winnings and use them for both. Any thoughts about that?
Uchi Deshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 PM #10
Banned

big up - siablo14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDBA View Post
Rival's are definitely not "cheapo" gloves.

While it may not be the best, their stuff is still high quality.
If you are a puncher, any of that mass produced sweatershop manufactured **** will give you bad hand pains. You have been warned! Invest in a good pair of Reyes or Grant's and look after your body

Share This With Friends

Tags
converters, gloves, hook, laceup, loop

User Tag List