I'm nervous, moving up in weight to fight tonight - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,160,435.48
Default I'm nervous, moving up in weight to fight tonight

Well since the guy I was supposed to fight at bantam weight backed out of the fight I got asked if I wanted to move up to feather weight to fight a guy who won his last fight at bantam weight, I accepted.

Fighting him today, gotta say I walk around at about 57kg and hes a natural bantam weight himself but is just heavy. Before the weigh-in, I had to drink a bottle of water but got all day to get energy before the fight!

any hints for tonight? wish me luck.. hugs and kisses.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 AM
lexelterrible
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13 lexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond reputelexelterrible has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,995.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriachim View Post
Well since the guy I was supposed to fight at bantam weight backed out of the fight I got asked if I wanted to move up to feather weight to fight a guy who won his last fight at bantam weight, I accepted.

Fighting him today, gotta say I walk around at about 57kg and hes a natural bantam weight himself but is just heavy. Before the weigh-in, I had to drink a bottle of water but got all day to get energy before the fight!

I say just go in feeling good and light. You don't want to be feeling heavy in a fight above your natural weight. It can only hurt you and make you sluggish. Just keep to your gameplan. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 AM
angus the bull
Contender

Rep Power: 0 angus the bull is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 46,567.27
Total Points: 64,573.71

You'll be rite mate. Just stick to what you've learnt in the gym and tell us how u get on. Whats your age and experience btw?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus the bull View Post
You'll be rite mate. Just stick to what you've learnt in the gym and tell us how u get on. Whats your age and experience btw?
I am 22 yrs old and been boxing about 3 months now. The guy I am fighting has only been boxing a few months to.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 PM
smash ko
Contender

Total Points: 38,145.81

relax talk to some mates tokeep the pressure of or music etc. just remeber the basie and key things whens your fight pal and is it GMT?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
mspiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 mspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond reputemspiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 722,531.25
Total Points: 817,124.63
You get 1KO in sparring, and BoxScene ranks you undisputed champ. Congrats... - Spiegelo your alt is on crack! lmao - Left Hook Tua No Message - T-97 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriachim View Post

not a guarantee, but you should be faster. use your speed. stay away from him, jab into range, do your work and jab out of range or weave out. Use a lot of lateral movement as well.

its hard to give specific advice not knowing either of your styles or attributes. best of luck though bro!
Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
ScottDBA
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,302.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

Good luck man.

I've got my first one comming up next saturday. Just remember to relax and have fun.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Viktor777
Contender

Rep Power: 9 Viktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond reputeViktor777 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 53,268.20

Good Luck bro.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:49 PM
anonymousboxing
Contender

Rep Power: 9 anonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond reputeanonymousboxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,560.31
Total Points: 26,820.57
For ur 1st class posting bud! - The Surgeon great job finding that exposure - Pancho Gonzales My round mate! - The Surgeon Cheers champ! - The Surgeon 

Good luck!
Give us details when you get back.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Pretty gutted, I lost. Got stopped in second round. In the first round, I got the better of him according to my friends... second round, I was doing good into I tripped on my own feet and the ref started counting me out! (tho he landed some killer shots on me apparently) I panicked and tryed to hurt him, he slapped me and I got counted again. (the officals told me it was a slap and it shouldn't of been a count down).... then he launched into me and I held my guard up high and my corner stopped the fight. I was really upset and my corner got stick for stopping the fight which upset me. One guy told me (from opposite team, a coach), that "its rare a bantam weight hits so hard, you got a load of potential, just increase your footwork and fitness and you'll win next time" maybe trying to motivate me.

I'm pretty gutted I lost the fight, got told it takes balls to get in the ring but who am I to say?

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight, moving, nervous, tonight, weight

User Tag List